Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Daily Dundie Archive (So mtt can feel like someone cares)
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 38
Apr 19th 2008

Okay, so I've decided to keep track of these daily dundies, because I feel it's time to get serious about this. So here's all the instances I can find:

Friday, January 25th, 2008: Brian for this comment awarded by St,D
Wednesday, January 30th, 2008: Jinx for this comment awarded by St,D
Thursday, January 31st, 2008: Loaded Teapot for this comment awarded by Jinx
Saturday, February 2nd, 2008: KarenM for this comment awarded by mtt
Thursday, February 21st, 2008: Same team, Dwight for this comment awarded by mtt
Friday, February 29th, 2008: griefbone for this comment awarded by mtt
Sunday, March 9th, 2008: lemoñadé for this comment awarded by St,D
Thursday, March 20th, 2008: DwightfromtheFuture for this comment awarded by mtt
Friday, March 21st, 2008: Brian for this comment awarded by St,D
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008: Anque X2 for this comment and this comment awarded by Jinx and Daoust, respectively
Monday, April 7th, 2008: Madge for this comment, awarded by BTF
Tuesday, April 8th, 2008: Jinx for this comment, awarded by BTF
also: BigTunaFishing (with an assist from Jinx) for this comment, awarded by mtt
Thursday, April 10th, 2008: griefbone for this comment, awarded by mtt
Saturday, April 12th, 2008: Jinx for this comment, awarded by Madge
Tuesday, April 14th, 2008: Single Tear for this comment, awarded by Jinx
Thursday, April 17th, 2008: Mr. Poop for this comment, awarded by BTF
Friday, April 18th 2008: Brian for this comment, awarded by mtt.
also: DwightfromtheFuture for this comment, awarded by Jinx
Saturday, April 19th, 2008: BigTunaFishing (I think) for the comment as quoted here, awarded by mtt

Okay, we have some decisions to make as a group: Is this going to become an officially thing, only one person getting it a day? If that is the case then we are doing this correctly: We will have a daily dundie committee (three revolving members, biweekly basis, one member rotates out at a time, with three alternates in case one members comment is up for a dundie), officially nominations the day after so a complete day is considered, and the like.

Or, we can continue the way we are now, all willy nilly, no limit to how many a day, going days without it and such.

I really could go either way. It doesn't matter to me. I'm organized enough to agree with a committee decision or just being the guy who archives this stuff for us.

Apr 19th 2008

We will have a daily dundie committee (three revolving members, biweekly basis, one member rotates out at a time, with three alternates in case one members comment is up for a dundie), officially nominations the day after so a complete day is considered, and the like.

That made my head hurt - and I'm sober!

I vote for "all willy nilly", and we'll see how it goes. But the Daily Dundie is too important to let die!

Also:

I really could go either way.

TWSS (He hoped.)

Apr 19th 2008

I think it's more fun to just award them randomly, but I'm not terribly sober and fairly lazy.

Apr 19th 2008

Bye the way, Asd, an impressive amount of work, there, archiving this crucial bit of NA-lore. My hat's off to you, sir!

If I wore hats.

Apr 19th 2008

Looks like you guys need to get to working on putting those dundies in a display case above your beds.

Sidenote to the single guys, Dundies go a long way with the ladies.

Apr 19th 2008

Yeah. I like a man with a nice Dundie.

Apr 19th 2008

I agree with mtt, ASD. Very fine work you've done to compile those.

but I'm not terribly sober and fairly lazy.

I hear ya. I nearly typed "copulate" instead of "compile". Ack.

Apr 19th 2008

Bye the way, Asd, an impressive amount of work, there, archiving this crucial bit of NA-lore. My hat's off to you, sir!

Word. Good work, my friend.

Apr 19th 2008

I hear ya. I nearly typed "copulate" instead of "compile". Ack.

And now we know what's on St,D's mind.

Also, how she earned her name. ;-D

Apr 19th 2008

Personally, I like the committee style, but that's just my nature. I like official things, they always seem more grandiose. But like I said, either way is fine.

Backdoor or front.

Apr 19th 2008

Hey.....

Apr 19th 2008

Hey.....

I love ya, Sweetie!

And with that I'm going to bed. About 5 hours of church tomorrow.

Apr 19th 2008 edited

We will have a daily dundie committee (three revolving members, biweekly basis, one member rotates out at a time, with three alternates in case one members comment is up for a dundie), officially nominations the day after so a complete day is considered, and the like.

Will you announce, "Conference Room in 5 minutes?"

Also, my Dundie on April 12 went to KarenM. I just want everyone to get what's coming to them. :-)

Also, amazing job on the DD list, asd. We love how you choose to be.

Apr 19th 2008

Also, my Dundie on April 12 went to KarenM. I just want everyone to get what's coming to them. :-)

But Jinx is the only person I can find on the thread noting that moment.

Apr 19th 2008

I'm just impressed with the amount of correct Markdown in that unedited post. Well done, Asd!

Apr 19th 2008

But Jinx is the only person I can find on the thread noting that moment.

It is on the 12th page, 13 posts down. I said:

Hilarious. I didn't catch that. I couldn't find it, but you get the Daily Dundie for your post about Pam seeing Dwight at the door and saying "awesome." Or maybe she just saw the cooler.

Apr 20th 2008

Yeah, I had seen that, which is what caused me to create the specific mention. I just figured you messed up who had said it. I had looked through all the prior posts and Jinx was the only one I could find to mention that moment. Karen, can you help us out by telling or linking where you made mention to it?

May 15th 2008

Wow, now that's old.

May 15th 2008

It was not, however, accepted by us as a living tradition until much more recently. I wonder why it took so long to catch on?

May 15th 2008

This may be the first.

Wow, now that's old.

signs of genius are often evident at a very early age.

It was not, however, accepted by us as a living tradition until much more recently.

sometimes modern man rediscovers long forgotten advances. like those inca dudes and their perfect stone work.

May 15th 2008

That was aliens.

May 15th 2008

well many of them are now.

May 15th 2008

I don't know why I didn't catch the first. I left out the second and others like it because they are dundies, not "daily dundies"

May 16th 2008

I left out the second and others like it because they are dundies, not "daily dundies"

i'll left you know now i'll be retaining the services of mr. james p. griefboni in this matter.

May 16th 2008

I also do motorcycle head injury cases. And 1st Amendment law. I've already done some research, so the hours are piling up.

May 16th 2008

Well you gotta pay for those billboards somehow.

Seriously, you should really start looking into billboards. Great way to establish credibility.

May 16th 2008

I think I was given one once...the first ever Daily Dundie to go to a foreigner maybe...I have no idea where it was. Can anyone remember?

FYI: Although I should know who and where and why I was awarded a Dundie, I don't because I hide them...I don't want to get cocky.

May 16th 2008

I think I was given one once...the first ever Daily Dundie to go to a foreigner maybe...I have no idea where it was. Can anyone remember?

I keep mine in a display case above my bed.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 38
Top of PageBack to discussions