Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Casual Fridays: For when you've got too much work to do but need to drop in!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 50
  12. >
1 to 30 of 1471
Apr 25th 2008

I realised that on Fridays in my office, things can get busy and it's difficult to have time to feed my NA boards addiction.

So here's a thread for all of us who haven't got the time to enter into ongoing debates on Pam's red sweater or Jim's rolled up sleeves, but need to say something. Anything.

Apr 25th 2008

In a meeting in my boss's office at this very moment. I love notebooks and wireless networks. They think I'm updating the spec.

Apr 25th 2008

They think I'm updating the spec.

Nice undercover work Jinx.

I work in an open plan office where no one actually seems to care what I surf. So yay...so long as there's not too much work to distract me.

Apr 25th 2008

I'm working from home, which is to say I worked from home for the last half hour. Now I'm here.

Apr 25th 2008

I have work to do, and those files are open on my computer. Waiting for me. Waiting and judging.

Apr 25th 2008

Now I'm here.

It's like having a second office really...a nicer one, with better lighting, more heating and more interesting coworkers.

Apr 25th 2008

It's like having a second office really

Or an office and a workspace. Although I'm not sure which is which.

Apr 25th 2008

Oh a workspace definitely. I cannot create in the same space that I conduct business. Not that there's much business going on here.

Apr 25th 2008

WHERE IS EVERYONE?

Apr 25th 2008

I'm here but the combination of not having anything to say and having lots to do in the real world equals not much from me this morning. And it is pantless Fridays, so maybe everyone else is busy googling. Meaning, of course, that they are frantically using google.com to find some good deals on pants.

Apr 25th 2008

I don't google so much anymore, since I'm only on the computer at work and rarely at home.

Wait, what are we talking about?

Apr 25th 2008

Our office hadn't done the casual dress Friday thing for a long time, but just implemented last Friday. It's really not that big a deal. Well, to some people it is.

Apr 25th 2008

Every day is casual Friday at my office. I actually make an effort to try and look smart.

Apr 25th 2008

Does your boss think he looks good in jeans?

Apr 25th 2008 edited

Wait, what are we talking about?

What you're trying to say is that you are too bashful to shop online at work. And that's okay. That's how it should be. Shopping online should be an intimate at-home experience. A shopping extravaganza, if you like.

Apr 25th 2008

We do not do causal fridays in my office. Some other offices here allow for it, but my boss isn't keen on that.

Apr 25th 2008

Does your boss think he looks good in jeans?

He works on a different floor, which being marginally more smart and him being Quite an Important Person, means he wears trousers.

I am currently wearing a FNB shirt with a ribbon round it and jeans and boots. And that is smart in my office. To give you an idea.

Apr 25th 2008

It's casual Friday here, so I'm wearing a cute teal fitted shirt, one of those kinds that is kinda low cut at the top to show something, but not everything...I mean, not everything, guys. I promise. I'm not that kind of girl. I'm wearing a black shirt under that to cover up. I'm also wearing jeans and my black Chucks... definitely can't forget the Chucks.

Apr 25th 2008

What are Chucks?

Apr 25th 2008 edited

It's causal Friday at my school. I'm wearing jeans and an old red Columbia button down shirt that I've had for more than 8 years. How do I know this? It's the first article clothing that Mrs. Daoust ever bought me after we started dating. Some people might think it's a bit weird to have a shirt for 8 years. Others have closets full of such things.

By the way all of my clothing choices are pretty conservative, because I like to leave everything to the imagination.

I think Chucks are nun-chucks, MLD. lemonade has her puple belt in karate. Either that or Chucks refer to an article of clothing from Chuck Norris' womens clothing line. I hear his Spring line is to die for.

Apr 25th 2008

Some people might think it's a bit weird to have a shirt for 8 years.

I once had a pair of trainers for 10 years. And I have a tshirt which is 9 years old now.

Apr 25th 2008

And it is pantless Fridays, so maybe everyone else is busy googling.

If we ever downsize, your job is totally safe.

Apr 25th 2008

Looks up

Downsizing?!?

Apr 25th 2008

Chucks = Chuck Taylors, basketball sneakers.

Apr 25th 2008 edited

If we ever downsize, your job is totally safe.

Have you started the paperwork yet? Call James, we''ll fight this just like the old days.

Also, fire griefbone. I am so much better than him.

Apr 25th 2008

Chucks = Chuck Taylors, basketball sneakers.

Ah! Living in ignorance in England, sorry! I am wearing my Doc Martens boots, although they're not black and shiny like the old skool ones, they're tan and leather and awesome.

Apr 25th 2008 edited

What are Chucks?

Chucks

ETA: Duh, I should have refreshed the page before I posted. That's what I get for going off to write an email before I hit post.

Apr 25th 2008

I am sitting at my desk in one of my white turtlenecks, black slacks and white tennis shoes. I'm sure this is more casual than my boss would like, however, I am passive-aggressively getting back at my super passive-aggressive boss by lowering the standard of dress in the office. If she has a problem with it, she has to get aggressive-aggressive, which would make her look like less than the lovely graceful patient woman she tries to project to everyone who doesn't directly report to her. I'm sure I'll pay for it some other way. Right now, my feet are very comfortable.

Apr 25th 2008 edited

lemoñadé I just checked the link that anque posted to some Chucks. They are super cool. You rock.

Apr 25th 2008

God when I posted this thread I was so busy and now I have like nothing to do AT ALL. I hate it when I'm just killin' time until it gets to 6 p.m. (which for all you USAers is in no less than 10 minutes and counting...)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 50
  12. >