Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
[Closed] Michael Scott: Secret Genius
1 to 3 of 3
Apr 27th 2008 edited

Ever since I saw Branch Wars Stanley's line about this aspect of Michael has kinda stuck. Hopefully I'm not the only person who thinks this could be a possibility, but really, what if Michael Scott really is a Secret Genius?

I figure there is some pretty concrete evidence to back it up - though, plenty to down play it at the same time...

For example lets look at Survivor Man when Michael explains his true intentions to Jim behind TWSS.

A more speculative example could be considered from Night Out with his line, "Ryan, its Michael and Dwight" as a potential response to knowing something is wrong with Ryan. (This was discussed briefly in the Night Out thread)

There are a handful of similar examples throughout the series.

So, do you think Michael really would have the qualifications necessary to be a Secret Genius?

Apr 27th 2008

Hey, awesome, I like your idea -- I think I mentioned something similar in one of my recaps, way back when I used to do those -- but I think the best place for it is probably this thread, not a new one.

Apr 27th 2008

Good call indeed. I did do a search for 'secret genius' before I made up the topic to try and make sure. Of course I omitted 'Michael Scott' from my query. I'll move my thought there.

1 to 3 of 3
Top of PageBack to discussions