Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.13 Job Fair
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >
1 to 30 of 733
May 2nd 2008
  • Season 4 : Episode 13
  • First aired on May 8, 2008

Jim (John Krasinski)hits the links with Andy (Ed Helms) and Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) to try and land his biggest client ever. Meanwhile, Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) sets up a booth at a local job fair, which happens to be at Pam's (Jenna Fischer)alma mater, to find "the best and the brightest" for Dunder-Mifflin's summer internship. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Angela Kinsey, Creed Bratton, Oscar Nunez, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Paul Lieberstein, Phyllis Smith and Craig Robinson also star.

May 2nd 2008

Can't wait! So, do you think Jim trying to land this big client has anything to do with what Ryan said yesterday?

May 2nd 2008

I'm trying to think up the most hysterically pessimistic thing I could possibly say here, and it's not coming to me.

May 2nd 2008

I'm also glad that they are pairing Kevin and Andy up again.

May 2nd 2008

I am glad we'll get to see Kevin and Andy play golf.

May 2nd 2008

We need to come up with a nickname for Kevin and Andy. Like "Glimmer Twins", but dumber.

May 2nd 2008 edited

How about Glimmier Twins? That gives it some extra zing and pep. Or the Pep Boys, I guess.

May 2nd 2008

hysterically pessimistic

I love seeing these two words together. Good pairing, DftF.

May 2nd 2008

I'm interested in this to see Pam's alma mater just to answer a burning question I've had, did Pam actually graduate college(if it is college) because she would have gone to college when she was with Roy and he was the kind of guy that would discourage her and convince her to drop out. And I want to see why Kevin is going on a sales call, my guess is he is an amazing golfer.

May 2nd 2008

In my mind, she went to community college and always meant to go off to Penn State or somewhere but never got around to it, because she could never convince Roy to leave Scranton.

May 2nd 2008

I somehow remember Jenna saying something about how Pam went to college but dropped out a year or two in. It sounded like one of those situations where she always intended to go back but it never happened, and I'm sure Roy had a hand in that.

I think the premise sounds awesome, and I can't wait for this episode.

May 2nd 2008

Unlike NegativeCreepfromtheFuture, I am EXTREMELY excited about this episode, mostly because I am a golfer. Based on the writers' seeming insistence to crap on Jim as much possible this year, I'm guessing he's going to be terrible. Kevin will probably be surprisingly good, a la Basketball (In real life Brian Baumgartner is pretty good, he was in one of the recent golf mags as one of the best celebrity players), and Andy may be good due to a country club upbringing. I can't wait to see what Andy is going to wear. I'm thinking something like this or maybe this. Too bad Pam's not playing.

The "Pam's alma mater" comment is quite intriguing. I too was under the impression that she hadn't finished college. There has to be some reason behind including it in the description. My fearless prediction: Pam goes to the job fair to help Michael and runs into an old professor. That will turn into some kind of job opportunity for her. Maybe assisting the professor once or twice a week, or maybe even the chance to do a program that will take her away from Scranton and Jim for the summer. Then how she & Jim deal with it and the decision they make is part of the finale. This prediction is guaranteed or your money back.

May 2nd 2008 edited

In real life Brian Baumgartner is pretty good, he was in one of the recent golf mags as one of the best celebrity players

I did not know that.

Thanks for the visuals. I would pay to see Andy dressed like that. Also, I forgot how much I loved that Puma Jenna/John picture.

May 2nd 2008

I knew something about The Office that lemoñadé didn't! Woo hoo!

May 2nd 2008

Congratulations, a-whipe.

May 2nd 2008

An alma mater can be a high school too.

Unlike NegativeCreepfromtheFuture, I am EXTREMELY excited about this episode, mostly because I am a golfer.

Me too. Except for the golfer part. And I didn't call him a creep. But the rest.

May 2nd 2008

An alma mater can be a high school too.

I had the same thought, but I don't think high school kids would be hired for internships. But this is Dunder Mifflin we're talking about, so anything's possible.

May 2nd 2008

Good point. I was just pointing that out because of info that belongs in the spoiler thread.

May 2nd 2008

Her myspace page says she went to Marywood University from 1998-2000. Is that a two year school? Her status is Alumni. It said she majored in education and minored in art. This may be something Jenna made up but I doubt it. She never had her religion listed on her page until they said what she was on the show.

May 2nd 2008

I think it was her chat on OT where she said she used to keep a whole list of things, little tidbits, about Pam. Like what her parents did for a living and things like that. I imagine she made it all up... except the religion part when the writers gave her that trait.

Marywood University

May 2nd 2008

I like AM J's first option for Nard-Dawg Golfwear.

We just don't wear Plus-Fours often enough anymore.

May 2nd 2008

I imagine she made it all up... except the religion part when the writers gave her that trait.

Because who would make up being Presbyterian?

May 3rd 2008

Too bad Pam's not playing.

My god she's hot.

May 3rd 2008

I know in a lot of fanfics, writers have Pam's alma mater as Marywood, and they probably got that from her myspace. I'm still convinced that Jenna said somewhere that Pam didn't finish, but that could also be the fanfic talking.

I also really hope they don't make Jim too much of a bumbling fool in this one, I think the writers need to give him a break.

May 3rd 2008

I'm speculating that Andy and Kevin almost make Jim lose the account but somehow Jim manages to close the deal with his charm. If he gets the account does he have to share that commision with Andy? That would suck.

May 3rd 2008

I'm speculating Jim doesn't get the client.

May 3rd 2008

ctf: I don't believe you. Continue.

May 3rd 2008

Yeah, I think it's time for Jim to win one.

May 3rd 2008

It's nice to win one. So yeah, it's about time.

May 3rd 2008

He will. Pam will say yes, despite all concerns otherwise.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >