Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.13 Job Fair
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >
31 to 60 of 733
May 4th 2008

Seems like somewhere I read that it actually is in high school and not college. I guess they are looking for kids who want to bypass college and go right to a career(?) Can't remember where I read that, though.

May 4th 2008

Seems like somewhere I read that it actually is in high school and not college. I guess they are looking for kids who want to bypass college and go right to a career(?) Can't remember where I read that, though.

Technically speaking, we don't know that it's in a high school. But it most likely is. The NBC summary of the episode mentions that it is Pam's 'Alma Mater,' and shooting took place in a high school.

May 4th 2008 edited

edited to move to another thread.

May 6th 2008

Ok, guys. You guys do realize that next week is the finale, right? I'm kind of sad. I mean, it feels like we just got it back.

May 6th 2008

The summer hiatus will be shorter than the strike hiatus, if that makes you feel better.

On the other hand, by September we'll have had six new episodes in 10 months, if that makes you feel worse.

May 6th 2008

Well, we will get webisodes. Any guesses on what they will focus on? I don't think they'll do Los Accontadores again.

May 6th 2008

Party Planning Committee perhaps? They haven't had much play this season at all. Same goes for the warehouse.

May 6th 2008

Hmmm. It'll probably be minor characters again, but they could do a sales team storyline leaving out Michael, Dwight and Jim. Imagine Stanley, Phyllis and Andy (if Ed Helms is available) have to meet a sales goal, with the winner earning an extra week's vacation. It would grow gradually more cutthroat. You would have talking heads with each explaining why they need that extra week more than anyone else.

Stanley: Last summer I took my spoiled daughter to dance camp in Pittsburgh. I spent five days sleeping in a smelly hotel room at night and watching teenage girls chew bubble gum and dance like Britney Spears's slutty backup dancers all day. This year, I'm going to Atlantic City...without my daughter.

Andy: If I win the contest, which you know I will because I studied Advanced Principles of Human Persuasion, at a little school named Cornell, I will spend that week on a yacht on the Mediterranean. Angela can't make it. She says Europe is the devil's rumpus room.

Phyllis: Oh, I don't care who wins. It's just fun to compete. Bob Vance promised to take me to the Poconos in the fall to leaf peep. It's a very sexy couples thing to do.

And in the end, DMI would win and Ryan would get the extra week off.

May 6th 2008

Contract negotiations between the Screen Actors Guild and the studios have broken down with no progress made.

Anyone up for an actors' strike?

mtt ducks for cover as dozens of laptops are lobbed at his head. "Geez...didn't these guys ever hear of the old saying, Don't kill the messenger?'"

May 6th 2008

As long as all the episodes are in the can, they can haggle all they want over the summer. As long as it's resolved before they're due to be back on set in the fall. Did that sound callous? The writer's strike made me a bitter woman.

May 6th 2008

Ummm, your not looking at the timing right, VG. They shoot long before the premiere to get some episodes in. Which means they start shooting right after mid-summer. Haggling all summer wouldn't be a good thing.

May 6th 2008 edited

They start shooting season 5 on July 28th, this summer.

May 6th 2008 edited

Ummm, your not looking at the timing right, VG. They shoot long before the premiere to get some episodes in. Which means they start shooting right after mid-summer. Haggling all summer wouldn't be a good thing.

Oh.

Well then.

Nevermind.

Thanks for setting me straight. :-)

if you're gonna miss, you might as well miss big......

May 6th 2008

I wasn't trying to set you straight. When I was reading your guys' posts, it just reminded me that I had read somewhere the return date for the cast. At least we didn't scare you straight.

May 6th 2008

The mothership ordered 30 episodes for next year to make up for this year. Very good news. Not good news about the SAG negotiations. I really doubt that they will enter into another strike. The industry hasn't rebounded from the loss of revenue from the last strike. The lower paid production crews and actors couldn't make it through another long strike without pay. Hopefully.

May 6th 2008

I wasn't trying to set you straight.

Well, I'm glad you did anyway. I feel like a dork for not realizing that they'd be filming this summer. I can't decide if I should blame it on being blonde or being in my 40s.

May 6th 2008

Meh, don't worry about it. As long as you don't forget important stuff like this and this.

May 6th 2008

I'd probably forget my own name before I forgot about that and that.

May 6th 2008

You know what else I love about such-a-dork.com? Their cool banners.

May 6th 2008

Definitely. Their banners are the best.

May 7th 2008

What I like about them is the large number and great clarity of their stills. Really helps with interpreting the nuances of the character interaction.

For example, after Chair Model there was a lot of discussion about the precise nature of Pam's facial expression after Jim warned her about the future ass-kicking proposal. Did she look happy? Stunned? Concerned?

Well, what do you think?

May 7th 2008

The mothership ordered 30 episodes for next year to make up for this year.

That's what they ordered for this season, and I'm pretty sure they're planning on front-loading hour-longs again.

Here's something to ponder. If there was a work stoppage that affected the fall season, would you be heartbroken? I have to say, as annoying as the last strike was, it did make for an amazing rebound into this mini-season. Both The Office and 30 Rock, my other favorite show, came back so much stronger than before. I attribute it to the benefit for the writers to step away from their work and charge their creative batteries. It also gave them time for big picture reassessment because the producers weren't bogged down in the week-to-week grind.

May 7th 2008

Once may have been okay. Twice in a year is unacceptable - I don't think audiences will forgive a long actors' strike.

Hollywood needs to get its collective head out of its collective ass.

May 7th 2008

You would have talking heads with each explaining why they need that extra week more than anyone else.

This is old but no one commented about them. Funny TH's Brian.

May 7th 2008 edited

I think I'm going to coin a new term in your honor, ST, since you first pointed it out. When you make a funny, or think you did, and no one acknowledges it for a long time, you got Tear'd.

Single Tear three days ago

yadda yadda yadda pasted comment yadda yadda yadda

But only with two penises. Too far?

three-day-long uncomfortable silence of non-acknowledgment

Brian 7 seconds ago

But only with two penises. Too far?

Nice. By the way, sorry you got Tear'd on that line. It was really funny.

May 7th 2008

I'm several threads and several hours behind here so maybe I can find someone else who got Tear'd to try it out. And thanks for getting my "two penises" joke. No one ever gets it.

May 7th 2008

And thanks for getting my "two penises"

Wow.

May 7th 2008

Golf is rife with TWSS opportunities. Balls, holes, shafts, the possibilities are endless. I know Michael isn't playing, but I'll be disappointed if there isn't at least one TWSS. Perhaps Kevin can pick up the slack.

May 7th 2008

Perhaps Kevin can pick up the slack.

I'm counting on it.

May 7th 2008

Golf is rife with TWSS opportunities.

This is wildly off topic, but the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is like one long TWSS opportunity. Every other line out of a character's mouth is deeply suggestive.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >