Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I Think We Broke His Brain: Office Characters in Meltdown
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 42 of 42
May 7th 2008

MarkGregSputnik, I empathise entirely since I am in the UK. I normally manage to make it 12 hours after the USAers...

May 7th 2008 edited

I know that feeling! I'm in Australia, so while everyone here is posting like crazy, I'm sleeping. But I manage to get most episodes pretty quickly. Sometimes I even see them before the west coast US folks here. That makes me feel special.

P.S. I remember you as Floating Andy.

May 7th 2008

Phyllis is another one that’s slowly losing her grip. She’s angry at Pam which I first noticed in FR when Jim and “the plot devise” were fighting in the break room. Phyllis turned around and glared at Pam like she was responsible for the break up.

I didn't realize this at the time, but I looked it up and you're right.

May 7th 2008

If you watch the scene, though, both Phyllis and Angela look at Pam at the same time. I've always had the impression they were reacting to hearing Karen say Pam's name while she was yelling at Jim.

May 7th 2008

Phyllis is another one that’s slowly losing her grip.

I don't think Phyllis is having a meltdown or even just losing her grip. I actually think the opposite. I think Bob Vance has given her more confidence and she's just being a little more feisty. I liked it when she stood up to Angela. I wish she was more of a Jim and Pam fan but I'd say she's more in control of her life than she used to be.

May 7th 2008

I didn't realize this at the time, but I looked it up and you're right.

Good find, Brian. That shows it off prett well.

May 7th 2008

P.S. I remember you as Floating Andy.

Me too.

I don't think Phyllis is having a meltdown or even just losing her grip. I actually think the opposite. I think Bob Vance has given her more confidence and she's just being a little more feisty. I liked it when she stood up to Angela. I wish she was more of a Jim and Pam fan but I'd say she's more in control of her life than she used to be.

QFT

May 7th 2008

I think Michael was on a swift slide to Trainwreck Land in the first half of S4 - and going right on through Dinner Party. I know it can be hard to tell because he's always pretty bizarre but in DMI, Money and The Deposition I think he was losing whatever grip he had on Sane.

Jan leaving seems to have stabilized him a little.

May 7th 2008

I'm in Australia, so while everyone here is posting like crazy, I'm sleeping. But I manage to get most episodes pretty quickly. Sometimes I even see them before the west coast US folks here.

Well, the episodes come on at about Friday Noon for me; trouble is I'm working then, and on Friday nights I have a weekly appointment with "the guys" for some post-work-week "relaxation time", so usually my first chance to see the episode is Saturday morning. If Friday is particularly slow around the office and the episode's really being hyped up in the forums, I might sneak a viewing at work during my lunch time... If I do that, it's before it airs in the West Coast, but that's actually a rare treat for me...

May 7th 2008

I'm lucky enough to have every second Friday off work, so that's when I see the episode really early. Otherwise I have to wait until I get home so it's usually a few hours after everyone else here. Unfortunately, I'm also unlucky enough to be working on the Friday of the finale, and it's also opening night of my show, so I probably won't get to see it until Saturday morning. I just know I'll have at least 20 pages of comments to catch up on by that time.

Apr 19th 2010

Perhaps Toby isn't so much evil as nuts. Several NAers have seen him as perhaps cracking under the pressure of Michael's constant abuse and his unrequited love for Pam.

So which of our other beloved Office characters do you see as having cracked under the strain? In what ways? And who might go next?

I think most of them have lost it. They're all just a bunch of freakin' crazies.

Apr 19th 2010

I just know I'll have at least 20 pages of comments to catch up on by that time.

Not anymore, MB.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 42 of 42
Top of PageBack to discussions