Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.14 Goodbye, Toby
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 57
  12. >
1 to 30 of 1694
May 9th 2008 edited
  • Season 4 : Episode 14
  • First aired on May 15, 2008

IT'S TIME TO SAY GOODBYE--SPECIAL ONE HOUR SEASON FINALE-OSCAR NOMINEE AMY RYAN("Gone Baby Gone")GUEST STARS--It's Toby's (Paul Lieberstein) goodbye party at Dunder Mifflin and Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell)demands a huge celebration that matches the joy in his heart. Angela (Angela Kinsey), sick of Michael's unreasonable last minute demands, refuses, and Michael turns to Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) to take over the party planning committee. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Meredith (Kate Flannery) haze the new HR woman, Holly (Oscar Nominee Amy Ryan). John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Melora Hardin, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Oscar Nunez, Mindy Kaling, Creed Bratton, and Craig Robinson also star.

May 9th 2008

This is so exciting!

May 9th 2008

So, I'm unsure if speculation in this thread on the basis of the episode description constitutes a spoiler.

May 9th 2008

Wow, a censored episode title. Good call James. It's generous to the nerks, of which I'm half of one, and it adds intrigue.

May 9th 2008

So, I'm unsure if speculation in this thread on the basis of the episode description constitutes a spoiler.

I see no problem with this. Speculate away.

May 9th 2008

Melora Hardin is listed as also starring, I wondered if we'd see an appearance from Jan before season's end.

I also find the casting of Amy Ryan quite intriguing. I only know her from her brief appearances on The Wire last season, I know she's done well in other things, but I think she's known primarily as a dramatic actress. How will she fit in a comedy? And will it be a one-time appearance, which would mean she'd probably quit or be fired from DM by the end of the episode?

May 9th 2008

So is the joy in Michael's heart just due to Toby leaving or are there other events that might make him happy. Say an engagement or the return of Fire Guy?

May 9th 2008

I'm pretty sure the joy in his heart directly relates to Toby's leaving. I think that's what that sentence was implying.

May 9th 2008 edited

I'm moving this comment from the Job Fair discussion, now that this is up.

Clips at the end of the Job Fair episode about to be discussed

It did however show things such as them at a carnival? I'm assuming he sends Toby out in style? Also it did show Jan and Michael at said carnival? On a ferris wheel?

May 9th 2008

It looked like Amy Ryan on the ferris wheel.

May 9th 2008

Amy Ryan was great on Gone, Baby, Gone. I can't wait to see all her reaction shots to this crazy DM gang...specifically Michael.

Melora Hardin is listed as also starring, I wondered if we'd see an appearance from Jan before season's end.

Great catch! I didn't catch that. Hmm.

May 9th 2008

Yeah, that was Amy on the ferris wheel with Michael.

May 9th 2008

Ahhh. I was not paying enough attention at all.

May 9th 2008

Do you guys think maybe David Wallace will make an appearance in this episode?

May 9th 2008

I think he will, yes.

May 9th 2008

I don't. If he did they would of mentioned him in the "also starring" list.

May 9th 2008

I don't think they ever mention him in the "also starring" list when he's on but I'll go check OT to make sure.

May 9th 2008

Hmm, she doesn't have the official guest list for season 3 episodes up so I can't check.

May 9th 2008

I would like to see David Wallace put that douchehead/dickbag Ryan Howard in his place as part of the finale.

May 9th 2008

I would like to see David Wallace put that douchehead/dickbag Ryan Howard in his place as part of the finale.

Can I get an amen?

I'm curious how Dwight and Meredith end up being the ones to haze--talk about a weird pair to put together.

May 9th 2008 edited

I'm curious how Dwight and Meredith end up being the ones to haze--talk about a weird pair to put together.

Me too. Have they ever had any one on one interaction? Have they ever even mentioned each other in a conversation that doesn't involve her uterus? Or an inverted vagina?

Also, I think I have a bit of a crush on David Wallace.

ETA: The cold open is up on NBC.com. Is that fair game for discussion? Or too spoilery at this point?

May 9th 2008

Also, I think I have a bit of a crush on David Wallace.

I always have. He's just too cute.

May 9th 2008 edited

ETA: The cold open is up on NBC.com. Is that fair game for discussion? Or too spoilery at this point?

I'm not a nerk but I am pretty sure they don't like this. We are talking about it in the spoiler thread, though.

eta: See nerks, we make fun of ya but we got your backs

May 9th 2008

I wouldn't get all excited about the "also starring" list. "Job Fair" had B.J. Novak and Paul Lieberstein in the "also starring" list and neither of them was in the episode.

May 9th 2008

I agree, those lists are always pretty generic.

May 9th 2008

Me too. Have they ever had any one on one interaction? Have they ever even mentioned each other in a conversation that doesn't involve her uterus? Or an inverted vagina?

I just got reminded of their interraction on Business School. Anyone recall a certain bat scene? One of my favorite lines happens after Dwight almost suffocates her, "You're welcome."

May 10th 2008 edited

I'm reading my Entertainment Weekly and I giggled at their description for this episode:

The Office Season Finale: The only one happy about Toby leaving is Michael...and possibly Pam's left thigh.

May 10th 2008

and possibly Pam's left thigh.

Haha! That's great. Jim will probably be down with the Tobster leaving too.

May 10th 2008

Definitely.

May 10th 2008

I just watched the cold open again, and can't stop laughing. Is it Thursday yet??

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 57
  12. >