Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
4.14 Goodbye, Toby
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. 54
  10. 55
  11. 56
  12. 57
  13. >
1681 to 1694 of 1694
Jun 27th 2011

HOnestly, I think an Andy spinoff would have been a lot better than The Office. But probably not better than Parks & Rec.

Jun 28th 2011

Didn't mtt completely lose his shit after this episode? Good times...

Yeah, he realized his defense of the writers for S3 had been sadly misplaced.

Jun 28th 2011

Page 3 or so of this thread is some interesting reading.

Jun 28th 2011

It's page 8 and then 9 when mtt's brain actually explodes.

I loved reading the play by play of this ep. We talked through the whole episode. It was great. I miss that.

Jun 28th 2011

when mtt's brain actually explodes

I sware I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but... that... was... AWESOME!

Jun 28th 2011

I'm even more flabbergasted today than I was then that he was still getting that worked up about this show. But then, he gets that worked up about everything.

Jun 28th 2011

HOW DARE YOU???

Jun 28th 2011

Madge and I are having lots of old people sex!

Jun 28th 2011

Was this when the love for Michael started? Even though Jim didn't propose, we knew it had to be coming. But we saw Michael felt obligated to be with Jan and this great woman was trying to get his attention. We could see he might miss his opportunity with someone. So was this when people (the writers) started rooting for him and showing him as more sympathetic than he had been?

There were little hints here and there, but I think this may have been the true turning point. Seeing that Holly made Michael happy was enough to get us to support him and distract us from what a jerk he had been.

Maybe it started earlier, I can't remember the details like I used to. But this seems like a significant moment in the shifting of the perspective on Michael Scott.

Jun 28th 2011

Madge and I are having lots of old people sex!

OK, now you ruined it.

Jun 28th 2011

Well, I think if we hadn't cared for him prior to Holly showing up, we wouldn't have cared about him having a chance at happiness. There are lots of scenes where they showed us that Michael wasn't a complete bumbling idiot all of the time. Those were some of my favorite moments. And I love how they made his hatred for Toby seem crazy at first, then they sloooooowly showed us why he is completely right.

Jun 28th 2011

But then, he gets that worked up about everything.

That's what made him so fascinating to me. I have a lot of interests but few things I'm really passionate about, and none of those things are all that important, so to see someone get that...intense in the politics and religion threads, and even in some of other threads, was quite a sight.

Also, I think he has a doppelganger posting on one of the football message boards I go to. This guy doesn't use italics, but uses such similar language and the way he'll overreact to disagreements, it's eerie.

Jun 28th 2011

This guy doesn't use italics, but uses such similar language and the way he'll overreact to disagreements, it's eerie.

Unfortunately, I don't think mtt is the only person who overreacts online. I bet there is more than one more than that.

Jun 28th 2011

So was this when people (the writers) started rooting for him and showing him as more sympathetic than he had been?

I think they were surprised how well Steve Carell and Amy Ryan worked together and that led them to emphasize Holly more than maybe they were planning.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 49
  5. 50
  6. 51
  7. 52
  8. 53
  9. 54
  10. 55
  11. 56
  12. 57