Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Summer Lovin': The 2008 Northern Attack Summer Hiatus Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. ...
  13. 50
  14. >
481 to 510 of 1475
Jun 14th 2008 edited

Your standards are too high, people. Funny? Better than piece o'crap? Follow my method: post the first thing that comes into your mind. Done and done.

Jun 14th 2008

My first idea took alternative reality a bit too far, I think.

Jun 14th 2008

Did the CPC specifically say we couldn't talk about our lesser parody ideas? I really don't want to be breaking any rules...

I was going to say, I don't have a problem with it. Then again, I have a fever. This doesn't bode well for my Week 2 entry, especially because my wife keeps chasing me back to bed, and not for happy fun times, either.

Jun 14th 2008 edited

Then again, I have a fever.

Do you need more cowbell?

And feel better.

Jun 14th 2008

Then again, I have a fever.

Aw, that sucks, Brian. Your wife is right. Go back to bed and rest. (But you can take a pad of paper and a pen with you, in case inspiriation strikes. That's all I'm sayin'.)

Jun 14th 2008 edited

Well that was a boatload of suck.

Jun 14th 2008 edited

abracamarkdown

Jun 14th 2008 edited

TEST POST

whoo hoo.

Jun 14th 2008 edited

Hey DC, Dawsome, and whoever else is floating around out there in outer NAce who hasn't yet dropped a deuce on everybody in this weeks contest...get 'er done!!!

You can do it!

Jun 15th 2008

Hey guys, don't forget that today is the last day to vote for the first week's challenge (parody) and it's the last day to submit your entry for the second week's challenge.

Jun 15th 2008

Well, I hope we get 14 more entries today, but that seems unlikely.

Jun 15th 2008

and yet another test

Jun 15th 2008

On the audio version
Karen Fillipelli played by myself (influence : Patty Simpson (Marge Simpson’s sister))
Kelly Kapur played by my wife (influence : Kelly Kapur)
Ryan Howard played by myself (influence : Napoleon Dynamite)

Kelly is facing away from the camera and talking on the phone as Karen enters her cubicle.

Kelly (on phone): I know, I can’t believe it either. They were so good together…

Karen: Kelly…

Kelly: Hey Karen. (Kelly spins around and is busily filing her nails) I thought you were talking to Jim in the breakroom.

Karen: I was, you will not believe what just happened…

Kelly: Oh my gosh! Did he just ask you to marry him?!?! I always thought you two made such a cute couple.

Karen: made?

Kelly: Whatever, You two remind me of “Ben-Jay”. That’s what I used to call Ben Affleck and J-Lo. They were so cute together, but I knew that would never last – not like you and Jim. Ben was so cute back then. (pauses to daydream, looks off into the sky, and lets out a sigh) So when is the date, I need to know so I can get a candy-apple red dress to wear. Something that’s strapless and shows off a lot of leg. Something sexy. Like what that Grey’s Anatomy girl would wear. When’s did you say the date was going to be?

Karen: There is no date – we just broke up.

Kelly: Oh no, you are not going to get all Britney are you? (pause followed by a loud inhale/gasp) You’re pregnant! (singing) You’re pregnant, your pregnant. I want to have a baby so bad. Not Jim’s baby, someone else’s. Maybe someone from corporate. I would love to have a little Ethiopian baby. Not a hungry one with the big tummy, but a normal sized one like Bradjolina have. Have you picked a name yet? I like the name Shia, or Ryan.

Karen: I’m not pregnant.

Kelly: He’s not “Cruising” is he? It would be weird to be married to a gay man. Poor Katie.

awkward silence

Karen: I think I’m going to go pack my desk.

Kelly: OK, b’bye.

Karen leaves and Kelly turns back around and leans over her desk and begins speaking to the phone...

Kelly: See? I told you it was over and she wasn’t pregnant.

Ryan: Fine, can I hang up now?

Jun 15th 2008 edited

here goes nothing

Jun 15th 2008

Just under two hours to go. Let's get those last-minute entries in.

Jun 15th 2008

what Brian said. But I mean, less contestants does mean that we who did enter have a better chance of winning, so...

I'm kidding. I'd rather lose this contest with 50 entries than win it with 18. Apologies to the person who does win with 18 if that's all we get.

Jun 15th 2008

Okay, party people. You have exactly one hour and 19 minutes to submit your entry for week #2. That includes you, Single Tear. Also, you have until midnight to vote for your favorite week #1 contestants so get on it!

Jun 15th 2008

For last years contest, did anyone ask, or was it revealed how many people voted for each contest? I assumed that more people voted than participated. Is that correct, last years CPC?

Jun 15th 2008

Okay, I just sat down and I am determined to write something. I'm freaking out a little with only one more hour left. Must think of something...

Jun 15th 2008 edited

La ti da...

Jun 15th 2008

Hey, CZ-J, you couldn't resist another parody either, huh?

Jun 15th 2008 edited

testing testing.

Jun 15th 2008 edited

Sucky starts now! My apologies, guys.

Jun 15th 2008

For last years contest, did anyone ask, or was it revealed how many people voted for each contest? I assumed that more people voted than participated. Is that correct, last years CPC?

I don't know about any of the other weeks, but here are the voting stats from week 1 of last year's contest.

Jun 15th 2008

Well, that 250 word limit was tough, but I managed to squeeze my submission in just before the deadline. I never knew it took so many words to say so little! Bon voyage to Karen and to Contest Week #2!

Jun 15th 2008

Holy crap, that was nerve racking. That was just... crazy. That hour flew by so fast. At around 9:30, I had 311 words so it took me a half hour to get rid of 61 words. That was hard. Feels good to be done, though.

Jun 16th 2008

I love you people for being so awesome. That is all.

Jun 16th 2008

08 Summer Hiatus Contest Week 1 Stats

• 21 Voters
    • 19 were contestants
    • 2 were not contestants
  • 29 contestants

• 19 voted
    • 10 did not vote
Jun 16th 2008

And now a message from the CPC, Dept. of Participation and Microwave Programming

It would be lame of me to come down on anyone for not participating. It's all for fun and you shouldn't do it for any other reason. That said, it is fun! If you're not participating up until now, it's not too late to jump in and make a splash. Can you win the whole thing? Yup. Does it matter if you don't? Nope. I love that people are stressing over their entries, but at the same time if you just start typing, you'll find inspiration flows a lot faster than if you just wait for it to come on its own. And don't forget, there are cool prizes up for grabs, and more are being lined up even now.

As for the voting, if you're already participating please cast a ballot for the prior week when you submit your entry, if you haven't voted already. That way we're all giving the same consideration to others' entries that we want them to show to our own.

Jun 16th 2008

Must be the new folks not voting? I'd hope so, anyway. No regular has an excuse.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. ...