Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Summer Lovin': The 2008 Northern Attack Summer Hiatus Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. ...
  13. 50
  14. >
571 to 600 of 1475
Jun 21st 2008 edited

yee-haw

Jun 21st 2008 edited

Mark Down Twain

Jun 22nd 2008 edited

At the current rate of decline in entries, if I just stick around and submit, I'll be guaranteed a vote eventually.

Jun 22nd 2008

That's what I'm counting on, ctf.

Jun 22nd 2008 edited

Mark Hamill-down.

Jun 22nd 2008 edited

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Jun 22nd 2008

Okay, people. Now that I have submitted my entry, I can stand on my soap box again. You know what? I'm going to let the stats speak for themselves.

Also, I would like to formally announce that there will be prizes for the winners of each contest week. That way even if you miss too many weeks to have a chance for the running (that would need to be a lot of weeks!) you still have a chance to win! I will get lemoñadé to update the Prize section of the contest to reflect this. Perhaps we'll even be able to list what each weekly winner will get. :)

All the more reason to submit something, you wonderful people you! Get on it!

Jun 22nd 2008

been to the place. did the thing.

Jun 22nd 2008

Hello again,

This is your friendly NAborhood reminder: You have 25 minutes to submit a contest entry for Week #3. You have 2 hours 25 minutes to vote for Week #2. That is all.

Jun 22nd 2008

I squeaked in again with less than an hour to spare and coming in at about 249 words. These prompts have been lots of fun, but it's hard to force the inspiration when it doesn't come on its own.

Another good crop of entries this week. Kudos and good luck to all!

Jun 22nd 2008 edited

I, for one, am very glad you are participating sir. Thanks for squeaking it in.

(eta: Also, you now have 14 minutes to submit an entry for week #3 and two hours and 14 minutes to vote for week #2.)

Jun 22nd 2008

Me no smart... I thought I was getting a last crappy submission in just under the time limit. Only after I submitted it did I realize I'm over the word limit... This is what such a fierce competition will do to the weak - pick us off one by one. I promise, for the sanctity of the competition, to do a better job next week.

Jun 22nd 2008

Don't count yourself out yet, Rump.

Also, Contest Week #3 is now closed. If there is a mod around, please close the thread. Thank you!

2 more hours to vote for Week #2!

Jun 22nd 2008

This contest is so depressing. I'm really tired of reading the entries and finding lots of better ideas than mine. So, fellow NAers, start being less awesome. Thanks.

Jun 22nd 2008

Zipideedoodah, everyone! I am having a great time reading everyone's entries!

Jun 22nd 2008 edited

I am going to bed. I shall sort through my mess in the morning.

Awesome entries, gang!

Also, CPC, I posted a message on the mtt forums. I hope it encourages some people to come over to the dark side.

Jun 22nd 2008

What does Week 4 have in store? A Creed misdeed? A lyin' Ryan? Smelly Kelly?

Monday mornings used to be boring.

Jun 23rd 2008 edited

Whahappa?

Jun 23rd 2008

Pssst. CPCers. Check your emails.

Secret secrets are no fun. Secret secrets hurt someone.

Jun 23rd 2008 edited

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Before you get started voting on Week 3 entries, unfortunately, we're going to have to announce a couple of disqualifications. As much as it tears us up to have to disqualify wonderful entries, both Rump and Pamster submitted entries that were over 290 words. That is clearly over the defined limits for the prompt and thus we are forced to disqualify those entries for contest week #3.

Clarification: The CPC has noted that word counts can vary quite a bit depending on which word count program that you use and sometimes even which version of which program you use. We have found that even our individual hand counts vary. For this reason, the CPC has set a 'margin of error' that we will use to determine official word count disqualifications. We will not disclose the margin so that entrants are not tempted to exploit it. As always, the CPC reserves the right to disqualify entrants at our discretion. And also, please, if you have a question or concern about a ruling, feel free to email us at dmpaperco@gmail.com.

Jun 23rd 2008 edited

Also, I would like to formally announce that there will be prizes for the winners of each contest week. That way even if you miss too many weeks to have a chance for the running (that would need to be a lot of weeks!) you still have a chance to win!

As Anque mentioned earlier, we are going to be giving a prize to the contest winners of each week. I have added a prize list for the weekly winners in the official prize post here in case you guys want to take a look. You're going to have to scroll down to "(UPDATE) Weekly Winner’s Prize List".

Jun 23rd 2008

a prize list for the weekly winners.

Woo-hoo! This contest rocks! Thanks CPC!

Also, am I the only person who's going to have to look up the meanings to befuddled, besmirched and be-whateverthethirdwordwas? I am? Oh.

Jun 23rd 2008

Also, am I the only person who's going to have to look up the meanings to befuddled, besmirched and be-whateverthethirdwordwas? I am? Oh.

Aaah ha ha ha. I did too. I know the gist of the meaning for each word, but I wanted to make sure I had that correct. In one case I was totally off. Nice to know.

Jun 23rd 2008

I might have to use a dictionary to get the real nuance of "besmirched", but since I live most of my life feeling befuddled and beseiged, those ones weren't really a problem for me.

Jun 23rd 2008

When do the weekly winners get announced? Or did I miss that memo?

Jun 23rd 2008 edited

(prematurely answered)

Jun 23rd 2008 edited

Hey CPC, if this matter is under discussion, I'll just mention that last year we (actually, Toosie) did not post winners of individual weeks until the end of the contest. Seeing winners could influence voting, both ways. Seeing, say, Brian's* name in the winner's circle multiple times might cause me as a competitor to try to avoid throwing more votes his way if i could. Totally subconsciously, of course.

*chosen because it is his birthday, of course

Jun 23rd 2008

Seeing, say, Brian's* name in the winner's circle multiple times

Yeah, like that's likely.

Jun 23rd 2008

Crapadoo, then. I'd like to know where I was placing each week as a way to motivate myself to do better if necessary, and keep being awesome if that is, in fact, what I am doing.

I'm probably in the minority though, so in the spirit of representative democracy, I'll just go picket quietly in front of the Pretzel thread.

Jun 23rd 2008

i've always been a proponent of telling who got second each week. i mean where's the harm in that?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. 23
  12. ...