Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Summer Lovin': The 2008 Northern Attack Summer Hiatus Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. ...
  13. 50
  14. >
721 to 750 of 1475
Jul 1st 2008

Hey, gt, do you think you could create a font for Americans?

ooh; another challenge. I'd be happy to. But first I have to come up with some more NA bumper sticker slogans and write this week's summer contest entry and archive several hundred haikus. But then... yeah. Daoust will be blinded by its patriotic glory, fer sure.

Jul 1st 2008

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the American badass font...

Thanks, gt. You're a true patriot.

Jul 3rd 2008

Before all you happy people take off for your 4th of July weekends, remember to vote and craft your entries for this week!

Voting has slacked off quite a bit, and thanks to JasonF's helpful suggestions, the CPC has decided to implement some voting incentives. The idea at this point will be for every week that you vote, your name will be put into a drawing at the end of the contest specifically for voters. The more you vote, the more times your name will be in the basket. More info to come on this later this week, but remember to put in your votes!

That is all.

Jul 3rd 2008 edited

Before all you happy people take off for your 4th of July weekends, remember to vote and craft your entries for this week!

There was a great Simpsons episode where Barney and Homer were competing to see who was going to be an astronaut. Barney got drunk on non-alcoholic wine/champagne and was disqualified, so Homer won by default. In Homer's words, "Woo-hoo! The two sweetest words in the English language! De Fault! De Fault! De Fault!"

So, you know, don't worry about submitting an entry this week.

Jul 3rd 2008

I have my idea, but I just haven't been able to put the words on the screen yet. Hoping for inspiration to strike soon.

Jul 3rd 2008

I procrastinated badly last week, partly because I was generally very busy. Also, the prompt was intimidatingly vague. I also neglected to vote until the last minute. But when I finally sat down to tackle both casts, late in the day Sunday, I was kicking myself for putting them off. I really enjoyed reading all the entries. Oddly, my choice for top 3 was easy to make, and yet there were no weak entries at all. And then my entry just came to me even though I had no idea when I sat down. So this week I voted early, and I'm determined to get my entry in tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Just want to say, great work people. I'm really enjoying this contest.

Jul 3rd 2008

I want to get mine in today because holiday weekends tend to have lives of their own. Don't forget the bumper sticker competition too, people! I'd link the announcement but if there's a way to link to a particular post I don't know it. Just look back in this thread a page or two.

Ditto on the enjoyment factor of submissions, Brian.

Jul 3rd 2008 edited

Here you go, gt!

Enter the bumper sticker contest peoples!

Jul 3rd 2008 edited

Magic. Thanks, Anque. You'll have to teach me that sometime.

Jul 3rd 2008

Do a search for a string of words that is in that particular post. When you click on the body of the post in the search results it takes you right to that post. Copy that link and you have it!

Jul 3rd 2008

testing something computer-related. Pay no mind.

Jul 3rd 2008

testing something computer-related. Pay no mind.

Wha? But you already submitted an entry. Are you working on another one just to show how much of a slacker I am for not having mine in yet?

Jul 3rd 2008 edited

No. I did something to screw up my computer that wouldn't let me post on here. So, in fixing it with the help of customer support, I had to post on here. In effect, I'm trying to increase my ability to slack.

Jul 5th 2008 edited

Yikes!

Jul 6th 2008

voted for week four. this time i thought there were 2 fairly clearly in the top three, and then 4 toss ups for the third spot. maybe we need to make it a top six vote.

Jul 6th 2008

testing this testing that

Jul 6th 2008

Ignore my testing por favor

Malonee’s Homies - Pilot episode
video-a-must-see
A new kids show written by Kevin Malone(e).

(Kevin is seen sitting on some stairs looking sad)

Red Puppet: Are you sad, Kevin? You seem sad.

Kevin: I lost my accounting job, so now I’m sad.

Purple Puppet: Blah! I love a-counting things! Blah! Blah!

Red Puppet: Sometimes when I am sad, I like to bounce balls. Like this (motions dribbling) Then I smile big! Do you want to play with balls, Kevin?

Kevin: Sure.

Red Puppet: My best friend has lots of balls. We will see if we can borrow some!

(Knocks on can)

Green Puppet: Shut up!

Red Puppet: Kevin – help me beat the begeesus out of this can. Then he will surely let us borrow his balls!

Kevin: OK.

(Beating commences)

Green Puppet: Stop! What do you want?

Red Puppet: We would like to play with some balls. Can we borrow your balls to play catch?

Green Puppet: I don’t have balls anymore. My boss at the supermarket swiped my balls for bouncing them in the seafood section next to the shellfish. Now I’m sorry.

Red Puppet: We are sorry too! Maybe…

Kevin: (looking into can) Wait a minute! I spot your balls below you! Two big blue balls!

Red Puppet: Uh-oh!

Tune in tomorrow when we see if the little green guy really has any blue balls.

Purple Puppet: Blah, blah blah!!

Today’s episode was endorsed by

Jul 6th 2008 edited

Just making sure.

Jul 6th 2008 edited

Link check...

Jul 6th 2008 edited

I want to Mark-down you like an animal.

Jul 6th 2008

Also, make sure to turn in your bumper sticker entries and vote for Week 4! You have until midnight EST for both!

Jul 6th 2008

The prize list has been updated to show the prize allocations for the winners. I also added a couple new prizes.

Jul 6th 2008

Also, don't forget to vote! Every time you vote, your name goes into a drawing and you could win this cool prize. You don't even have to submit an entry to the contest to vote. All are eligible to win this prize.

Jul 6th 2008

Another week in the books. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em (except you whatevs).

Jul 6th 2008

And a very good week it was. Kevin sure was mentioned in a lot of the entries.

Jul 6th 2008

Yeah, there goes my default win. Thanks for bringing it, people.

Jul 6th 2008

And a very good week it was. Kevin sure was mentioned in a lot of the entries.

I know. I've been thinking about my entry for a couple of days and I worked on it a little yesterday. When I got a chance to work on it today, I noticed all the Kev entries and didn't have time to change it. Ah, well.

Jul 6th 2008

ZOMG I missed my own prompt.

Fart.

Jul 7th 2008

Contest stats have been updated.

Jul 7th 2008

ZOMG I missed my own prompt.

What was your idea?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 21