Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Summer Lovin': The 2008 Northern Attack Summer Hiatus Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. ...
  13. 50
  14. >
811 to 840 of 1475
Jul 13th 2008

Just mailed it in without even a test post. Good thing about that whole "dropping your lowest week's total" rule.

Jul 13th 2008 edited

I have so little inspiration this week that I can't even think of a decent Markdown substitution.

Jul 13th 2008

Just mailed it in without even a test post. Good thing about that whole "dropping your lowest week's total" rule.

I was just coming here to post the exact same thing.

Jul 13th 2008 edited

Also, people, vote for week 5 if you haven't already. Remember, you don't have to enter to be able to vote. Also, every time you vote you get another terrific chance to win a really cool set of etched Jim and Pam glasses.

Also, take a look a the bumper sticker entries. Vote. Please. That is all.

Jul 13th 2008

My other idea for this week was to actually wait until 9:58pm, copy one of your entries, change everything to say Creed, and submit.

Jul 13th 2008 edited

My first thought was to write an Andy essay that started with something like "Webster's dictionary defines 'legacy' as . . ." And then the last sentence would start "In conclusion, I'd like to conclude . . ." But then I went a different way, perhaps wrongly.

Jul 13th 2008

Okaaaaay... so I'm getting the impression that my prompt may have been a little on the lame-dash-O side... I'm sorry I annoyed you with my idea. Please resume the regularly scheduled fun tommorrow. Thank you.

Jul 13th 2008

Not at all, it was about time for me, I came up with my idea quickly, but didn't have time to enter during the week, then it was literally perfect weather the entire weekend, so I didn't want to spend it on the computer. So that's why my entry was last minute mailed in.

Jul 14th 2008

I enjoyed it too, ST, and had several ideas for it, but decided to write Ryan because I was afrad we'd be awash in Andy essays.

Jul 14th 2008

The only thing that was lame was my lack of inspiration. It was a great prompt, which I promptly pooch-screwed.

Jul 14th 2008

Aw gee whiz guys, that's awful swell of you guys to say.

Speaking of pooch-screwing, all I needed to use was some random, ordinary last name and I accidentally used Bratton, Creed's last name. Here was my train of thought...

Okay, last name, last name... Smith? Too plain... Sam..Sim..Simpson? No...Brown..Bron..Bronson? No... Bransan..Bratton? Yeah, that's sounds okay.

Duh.

Jul 14th 2008

The only thing that was lame was my lack of inspiration. It was a great prompt, which I promptly pooch-screwed.

I echo this, ST. I am lame-O. Not your prompt. I was also worried that we'd be awash in Andy essays, so I chucked my first idea as well.

Jul 14th 2008

Thank you, also, whoever removed the sticky from Week #5. Could we also get someone to close up Week #6? Danka!

Jul 14th 2008

On it. Got distracted.

Jul 14th 2008

Can there be stage directions for a scene that does not have an accompanying video?

Jul 14th 2008

Same question here.

Jul 14th 2008

Lemme ask Miss KM.

Jul 14th 2008 edited

Gang, we edited the stage directions stuff out of the prompt. Don't worry about that now. The original parameter wasn't exactly what was intended, but an adjustment would make it more confusing than it's worth. Cool?

Jul 14th 2008

I missed last weekend's deadline because I was camping in Vermont... No computer in the woods.

BUT, I missed this week's because I was watching the final episode of The Soprano's after months of watching the entire series through Netflix. After 6 seasons of amazing writing, you think they could have made the last episode at least worth me missing the NA writing deadline... they didn't.

In the wise words of Tony Soprano: "What're you gonna do?"

Jul 14th 2008 edited

No more excuses, gt. You're up.

Jul 14th 2008

gb, you better cut it out or we're going to have to come up with the Early Bird award for you or something.

Jul 14th 2008

Limonada, Anque & Brian: This is my first contest and I admit I've been slacking heavily recently, but I just wanted to say what an amazing job I think you guys are doing on the CPC (I originally typed PCP). :-) The organization of it all seems to be a lot of work and I recognize your efforts. We also have amazing prizes (and they keep getting better!) and the occasional flub is handled with kindness. I just wanted you guys to know that everything you're doing is appreciated once.

Jul 14th 2008 edited

Aww, Madge. Tanks! Our hearts are very full right now.

Jul 14th 2008

I was just about to post the very same thing. Thanks, Madge.

Jul 14th 2008

gb, you better cut it out

I am what I am.

That's Popeye.

Also, what Madge said.

Jul 14th 2008

Thanks Madge. The ladies deserve most of the credit, though. I mostly just hang around and do manly stuff, like curl dumbells, spit chaw and look pretty.

Jul 14th 2008

And don't think we don't appreciate it, Brian.

Jul 15th 2008 edited

Kudos to Brian...king of the party planning committee!

lemoñadé and Anque smash christmas ornaments in the parking lot

Jul 16th 2008 edited

In your mom's butt.

Jul 16th 2008

Kudos to Brian...king of the party planning committee!

The Christmas tree lights were lemonade's idea.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. ...