Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Summer Lovin': The 2008 Northern Attack Summer Hiatus Contest
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 50
  12. >
121 to 150 of 1475
Jun 2nd 2008 edited

Is there any opening ceremony?

Here. Just keep playing that for, oh, say one hour or so.

Jun 2nd 2008

Or this?

Jun 2nd 2008 edited

Testing

Jun 2nd 2008

1 - 2 - 3

Anque, is it just you and me here? It's awfully quiet.

Jun 2nd 2008

I hope not, because the first contest prompt has been posted. Ta da!

Jun 2nd 2008

Yay! Thanks Anque! Regardless if I end up submitting anything, this should be quite fun to read/listen to everyone's entries.

Jun 2nd 2008

Regardless if I end up submitting anything,

(putting Single Tear in the corner for (how old are you?) minutes) That kind of talk is unacceptable.

Jun 2nd 2008

No word limit on the first contest. Interesting. This will be a good test to see whether I like the 250 word limit idea as much as I think I do.

Nice prompt, garbagethrower.

Jun 2nd 2008

Exactly. ST, it is in your best interest to submit something every week. Not a threat. Just a statement.

Jun 2nd 2008 edited

ST, it is in your best interest to submit something every week.

No, this should be a threat. ST, submit something every week or I will punch you... in the tooth.

Jun 2nd 2008

Actually, there is one prize for just entering something every week, right? So, theoretically Anque, if I am uninspired one week or just too busy, I can at least submit an entry that just says "I am only posting this so I can at least get credit for trying". That would be kinda lousy, huh? But it wouldn't technically be against the rules, would it?

Jun 2nd 2008

That would be kinda lousy, huh? But it wouldn't technically be against the rules, would it?

At this time, no. However, we know the state that you live in. And we will find you and spank you if you behave this way, young lady. That is all.

Jun 2nd 2008

Ooh, promise?

Jun 2nd 2008

All penalties are carried out publicly as per the contest by-laws, no? g-bone, Esq., can we get a ruling on that?

By the way, consider that prompt stickied, my first mod-dish action.

Jun 2nd 2008

All punishments will be carried out publicly, as it is in the public interest to see Anque spank ST.

Jun 2nd 2008

my first mod-dish action.

Yay! (one second celebration complete with noisemaker and confetti)

Jun 2nd 2008

my first moddish action

Your next one will be to buy a Vespa and start listening to lots of James Brown and the Who.

Man, this first contest promp is going to kill me. I have no confidence in my skills as a parodist. It's like the one thing I'm sure I can't do.

Oh well, I guess I can just submit a song called "I Guess I Tried" to get the freebie effort points.

Jun 2nd 2008

Hey, DftF. When you get a moment, could you send me an email so I have your email address? Don't worry, I don't plan to stalk you. It's strictly for contest purposes.

(slides back mysteriously into the shadows)

Jun 2nd 2008

I'd just like to say that I loved Weird Al's music as a child. This, of course, means nothing for this prompt, but I'm looking forward to it.

Jun 2nd 2008

I wrote this one about the Mets about four years ago. It's to the tune of "I Ran So Far Away" by Flock of Seagulls. It really helped me through a tough time.

I walk on Roosevelt Avenue.
I never thought I'd see a team like you.
See a team like you.

With anemic bats and shaky D.
The kind of plays that embarrass me through.
Embarrass me through and through.

And I ran.
I ran so far from Shea.
I just ran.
I ran from Roger Cedeno.
They couldn't give him away.

A cloud just hangs above your head.
A ray of hope comes shining down on you.
But Guererro won't join you.

The cloud is darkening ever still.
Another playoff miss is in view.
No playoffs are in view.

And I ran.
I ran so far from Shea.
I just ran.
They're no better today.
than they were yesterday.

Reached out a glove to catch a fly.
It slowly falls into the grassy dew.
Timo boots it with his shoe.

Reached out your bat to try again.
He floats a sinker right by you.
He could put a beachball right by you.

And I ran.
I ran so far from Shea.
I just ran.
Unlike a Met on base,
who gets stranded there to stay.

And I ran.
I ran so far from Shea.
I just ran.
Like Steve Philips from a secrete-rayyy.
He couldn't get away.

Jun 2nd 2008

I'd just like to say that I loved Weird Al's music as a child. This, of course, means nothing for this prompt, but I'm looking forward to it.

I, too, as well, in addition to this, also.

Jun 2nd 2008

Like Steve Philips from a secrete-rayyy.

Steve Philips--now that's King DoucheBag de Nozzlery.

Jun 2nd 2008

Steve Philips--now that's King DoucheBag de Nozzlery.

He has some close competition for that title in the form of Paul "I'm a Giant Assbag Douchenozzle" O'Neill. God, I hate that dude.

Jun 2nd 2008

ha! Awesome, Brian.

What a difference a few years make. Been enjoying the last few games? I just bet you have. LA was looking pretty good but can't buy themselves a win lately. I always think of you when they play NY.

Jun 2nd 2008

And I you, in well. I'll trade you Aaron Heilman for Joe Torre's travel pack of Bigelow Tea.

Jun 2nd 2008

I'll trade you Manny Delcarmen for Willie Randolph's moustache.

Jun 2nd 2008

I'll see your Aaron Heilman and Manny Delcarmen and raise you Greg Norton, who you can just have.

Jun 2nd 2008

I'll trade you Jason Giambi's glove for a bag of broken bats and some facial hair to be named later.

Jun 2nd 2008

Throw in a golden thong and you've got a deal.

Jun 2nd 2008

I'll trade you A-Rod's blond stripper 'friend' and a Jack Spade man-purse for any GM whose name is NOT Bavasi.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 50
  12. >