Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
She's not defined by her Mexicanity: The lemoñadé thread.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. >
811 to 840 of 879
Aug 18th 2008

I'll bring the ice-swan and the vodka.

Aug 18th 2008

I'll bring the karaoke.

Don't forget the cord.

Aug 18th 2008

So how's this for freaky? I just read/learned this weekend that Sam Mendes is married to the lovely Kate Winslet. Kate did an episode of Extras. llimonada and Sam are co-workers and bffs now. And they met when she was... wait for it... an extra.

Cool. Now we all have something to mention if we ever meet Leonardo DiCaprio.

Aug 18th 2008

Has anyone invited Todd Packer?

Aug 18th 2008

So how's this for freaky? I just read/learned this weekend that Sam Mendes is married to the lovely Kate Winslet.

You just found that out? gt, you need to read more US Weekly. :)

Aug 18th 2008

I was surprised to see this thread light up.

Aug 18th 2008

Well, with your National Day coming up in two days we needed time to make our plans.

Who's making the cupcakes?

Aug 18th 2008

I'll make brownies instead of bringing chips and salsa.

Aug 18th 2008

I'll make brownies instead of bringing chips and salsa.

May we make special requests about what goes into the brownies?

Aug 18th 2008 edited

Swanson's makes an excellent chimichanga.

Question: lemoñadé, are you averse to riding in on a donkey?

Aug 18th 2008

Ah, a burro.

Umm, I've never been on one. But I do like chihuahuas in case you want to get me one.

Aug 18th 2008

Question: lemoñadé, are you averse to riding in on a donkey?

Umm, I've never been on one. But I do like chihuahuas

I know limonada is small, but I didn't think she was small enough to ride on a chihuahua!

Aug 18th 2008

I know limonada is small, but I didn't think she was small enough to ride on a chihuahua!

Maybe a wagon pulled by chihuahuas?

Aug 18th 2008

Maybe a wagon pulled by chihuahuas?

I like this idea. Make it hap'n, cap'n.

Aug 18th 2008

It could be like a float in the Rose Parade.

Aug 18th 2008

I like this idea. Make it hap'n, cap'n.

Aye aye, General.

Nov 2nd 2008

Here's an early review of lem's movie. For some reason, she's not mentioned. Some spoilers in the review.

Nov 2nd 2008 edited

Thanks for that, gb! I was surprised to see this thread light up. I am really not expecting to see myself in this.

Nov 2nd 2008

I was surprised to see this thread light up.

Such are the rigors of the celebrity lifestyle, lem. You're going to have to get used to it, now that you're famous.

Jan 13th 2009

I think the real reason lemoñadé is quitting her job is to become a movie star.

Jan 13th 2009

Or to devote herself fulltime to being the object of JKras' worship.

Jan 13th 2009

There's no fooling you guys.

May 20th 2009

Last night one of the students I tutor taught me something. Huh. Imagine that. Anyway, we were talking about the cartoon character Speedy Gonzalez, which I think is a hilarious name for a cartoon character on its own, but then he told me that Speedy Gonzalez had a cousin (who apparently shows up in only two Looney Tunes episodes, one from the late 50's, the other from the early 60's) called Slowpoke Rodriguez. Well, I laughed at that all night. Slowpoke Rodriguez is now officially my favourite name for a cartoon character, and it is a phrase which I am going to make a part of my everyday speech. Like when I'm driving on the highway and I'm trying to get around some Sunday driver, I'm gonna shake my fist at them as I'm driving by and yell things like "Get out of the way, Slowpoke Rodriguez!" and the like.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. And just in case anyone is wondering, I put this in here because of the connection between lemoñadé and Speedy and Slowpoke, who are all defined by their Mexicanity and for no other reason. Any other similarities are purely coincidental.

Here's the wikipedia article if you're interested.

May 20th 2009

Wow, I've never seen anyone get beat up by a pregnant lady before. This should be good. (Unless Anque reads the episode thread first.)

May 20th 2009

Why would she beat me up? I never said anything about her being a slowpoke.

I think she'll just be glad I bumped this thread for all the newbies to read.

May 20th 2009

How is it that Slowpoke Rodriguez has a Wikipedia page and I don't?

May 20th 2009

I never said anything about her being a slowpoke.

She will be in a few months.

May 20th 2009

Slowpoke, who are all defined by their Mexicanity and for no other reason.

Really? That's the only connection you saw between me and Slowpoke?

May 20th 2009

No other reason, poster who I only know as lemoñadé, or, as your profile suggests, Heywood Jablowme. Now that's comedy gold.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30