Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
She's not defined by her Mexicanity: The lemoñadé thread.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. >
841 to 870 of 879
May 20th 2009

I remember ol' Slowpoke Rodriguez! Sadly, growing up in northern Idaho back in the day, I didn't know any Hispanic people, so I assumed most Hispanic men actually sounded like Slowpoke. Which is horrible.

May 20th 2009

(who apparently shows up in only two Looney Tunes episodes, one from the late 50's, the other from the early 60's) called Slowpoke Rodriguez.

My mom loves that guy. She saw a collectible glass with him on it at an antiques store and now looks for it every time she sees cartoon character collectible glasses.

May 20th 2009

But be careful. Slowpoke Rodriguez, he packs a gun.

May 20th 2009 edited

You know who else I liked, speaking of stereotyped Mexican cartoon characters? Snoopy's cousin. The one that lives next to a cactus.

May 20th 2009

Nice call. Didn't he have a droopy mustache?

May 20th 2009

Yeah...crap, what was his name?

May 20th 2009

Spike. I looked it up.

May 20th 2009

(Unless Anque reads the episode thread first.)

What? Now I shall have to go find out what is going on.

Slowpoke Rodriguez.

I also remember him. He was awesome. But then again, so was Speedy. I never understood why they thought he was a bad for the image of Mexican Americans, though. I mean, he does have a really stereotypical accent, but he's really really smart. He always outsmarted everyone else. That's a good thing right? It would be like saying that Jerry gave mice-dom a bad name, right?

May 20th 2009

Not a cartoon, but there's a hilarious Mexican acting troupe near me that will pile 20 hispanics in the back of a pickup truck, with one Anglo guy driving. They all wear dirty baseball caps...you know, to play off the stereotype that all hispanics play baseball. And then they pretend not to speak english. They really are funny. It's some kind of performance art, I guess.

May 20th 2009

Spike. I looked it up.

Niiiice. Thanks, g-bone.

May 20th 2009

Spike. I looked it up.

He lives in Needles, AZ, right by lem.

May 20th 2009

So how is Spike hispanic if he's Snoopy's cousin? Can you become hispanic just by moving to the desert? Or befriending a cactus?

May 20th 2009

He was born Hispanic, dummy.

May 26th 2009

Here's a fairly positive review of lem's new movie. Very mild spoilers.

May 26th 2009

Thanks for posting that, bone. I like what he had to say.

Jun 1st 2009 edited

Soooo, have you guys seen John's interview on GMA from this morning? Did you guys see the clip they played? I think you should pay very careful attention to the bartenders.

Jun 1st 2009 edited

Nevermind...I found it on the GMA website! Squee!!

Jun 1st 2009
Jun 1st 2009 edited

lem, I have never seen a picture of you before, have no idea what you look like. But can you be more specific as to where you are in this clip.

Are you in the far right hand corner?

Jun 1st 2009

Ha! That's awesome, lem!

Jun 1st 2009

Your movie star status is official.

Jun 1st 2009 edited

Cool! Now I don't have to see it because I've seen the best part.

Jun 1st 2009

lem, this surpasses the coolest cool thing I've ever seen! I think I'm awestruck.

Jun 1st 2009

That's pretty sweet.

Jun 1st 2009

I think you should pay very careful attention the the bartenders.

When I first saw that clip it sounded like your scene, but I couldn't remember what your role was. Time for a rewatch.

Jun 1st 2009

lem, I have never seen a picture of you before, have no idea what you look like. But can you be more specific as to where you are in this clip.

One bartender is a guy. One is not. I do not have a wiener. I think those hints should suffice.

And thanks, everyone. You are boosting my ego. This is the smallest amount of screen time I've ever seen go to someone's head.

Actually, I think I'm more excited to see if the driving scenes made it in since I had more fun doing those.

Jun 1st 2009

One bartender is a guy. One is not. I do not have a wiener. I think those hints should suffice.

I assumed lem. I just couldn't see you very well. Was unsure. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you a dude.

That's uber cool lem. Imagine how big you'll be on a movie screen.

Jun 1st 2009

I saw you! I saw you, and it was amazing.

Jun 1st 2009 edited

I just couldn't see you very well.

Even I couldn't see myself very well. I was just messing with you, BB.

Jun 2nd 2009

Haha. That was awesome lem. I'm 43% sure that was the side of your head I saw in a major motion picture starring John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph. Are you going to forget us all now?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30