Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
S4 DVD: Now Every Day is Movie Monday
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 24
  12. >
1 to 30 of 714
Aug 4th 2008 edited

I was looking for a place to put S4 DVD posts but couldn’t find one. We have a separate thread for the other season’s dvds, so I’m starting this one.

I’m still exhausted because of this weekend so I can’t really think of a funny office quote to go with the title. Any ideas?

They have released the art covers for the rental cases for season 4. Some of the stuff that I didn’t know would be on it before:

• disc one under bonus features, there’s something called “Fashion The More You Know” I’m assuming this might be something similar to that extra in last season’s dvd where Kev cooks in the office but with Kelly talking fashion.
  • On Disc four, we get the writer’s block
  • There’s something else that I can’t make out on the fourth disc. Maybe one of you guys can read it.
Aug 4th 2008

S4 DVD: Now Every Day is Movie Monday

Pam looks really good on the cover.

Aug 4th 2008

I like AM J's suggested thread title.

Aug 4th 2008

Tanks, AMJ!

Aug 4th 2008

Is it better to pre-order the DVDs from nbc.com or just go to Best Buy the day of? All the other seasons I bought long after they were first released, so I don't really know how to go about it...

Aug 4th 2008 edited

I'm (impatiently) waiting to see what versions the different places have before deciding. I'd love to pre-order it but don't want to miss out on an extra that one place might have over another. Wish they'd hurry up and announce it!

Also, LB, if you're going to pre-order you might want to shop around. Amazon is usually the cheapest; not sure what nbc.com is selling it for...

Aug 4th 2008

Thanks for the advice, MISS!

The day it comes out is my first day of school, so I figure I won't have a ton of time to go look around for it and probably should just pre-order.

What kind of extras wouldn't I get with the pre-order version?

Aug 4th 2008 edited

Is it better to pre-order the DVDs from nbc.com or just go to Best Buy the day of? All the other seasons I bought long after they were first released, so I don't really know how to go about it...

I never get them off of Amazon. Best Buy usually has extras with their dvd sets. Like last year, we got a Dundie and a mini Dwight Bobblehead with that one. The Target one comes with extra footage. Last year, that one came with the Paley Fest video footage and the year before that it came with Jenna Fischer's own video that she took when they filmed Booze Cruise. I usually get both the Target and the Best Buy ones, keep the extras and then give one of the sets (minus the extras) to one of my brothers who loves the show. I saved my Target and Best Buy giftcards that I got for my birthday a couple of months ago, for just the dvds.

Aug 4th 2008

You can keep an eye on this page, too, for all the buying options as they become available.

Aug 4th 2008 edited

Amazon sucks. The dvd arrived nearly 4 days after they came out, even though I pre-ordered it. Oh, and that was with expedited $$$ shipping.

Aug 4th 2008

Thanks, lemonade! I'll probably get a copy for my friend who just started watching...she won't mind if I take the extras. And if she does, too bad. What a good friend I am.

Aug 4th 2008

What a good friend I am.

Yes you are.

Aug 4th 2008

Amazon sucks. The dvd arrived nearly 4 days after they came out, even though I pre-ordered it. Oh, and that was with expedited $$$ shipping.

Really? That wouldn't work for me. Last year my bff and I took the day off so we could go get the dvds and then be couch potatoes and watch the extras. I remember we went to Target first because it opened before Best Buy. Then we went to Best Buy a little before they opened because we called the day before and they said they had only gotten 40 "Special Package" dvds. When we got there, there were already people in line. Not 40 people, but I was still surprised to see twenty people out there waiting for the store to open for the dvd.

I haven't asked my bff if we're doing that again this year. I hope so.

Aug 4th 2008

I'm going to make a confession:

I'm probably not going to buy the DVDs of season 4. Money's a little tight, and the fact is, I can only think of a couple-three episodes that have and re-watch value for me. The extra features are always cool and all, but if the show itself isn't carrying its weight, I can do without the gag reel.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest.

Aug 4th 2008

Money is tight for us too, so I probably won't get it. I didn't get season 3 either for the same reason. Not the end of the world though.

Aug 4th 2008

Shun!!

Just kidding. :-)

Aug 4th 2008

Really? That wouldn't work for me. Last year my bff and I took the day off so we could go get the dvds and then be couch potatoes and watch the extras.

No, it was not optimal, and therefore I won't be ordering them again from there. I like them for other stuff, but they really let me down on that.

Aug 4th 2008

I have a confession to make. I still haven't watched all of the S3 DVDs. I was working through them methodically, but never got past the second disc. It took me nearly a year to get around to watching the entire S2 set. I don't know why that is. And yet, I will buy the S4 set the day it comes out at Target, as I have done the past two years.

Aug 4th 2008

S4 didn't come out on video the last two years.

Aug 4th 2008

I'm debating whether or not to purchase it the day of. Money has been tight lately, and with the loss of my library job after this week it could get even tighter (even though I have a foolproof scheme to kidnap Stedman and hold him for ransom from Oprah...yeah, she'll pay lots to have him back).

Aug 4th 2008

Thanks for that.

Aug 4th 2008

You know, I thought about my phrasing there and decided to leave it instead of going to the trouble of rephrasing it. Now I've caused you to reply and posted my own reply to your reply. So catch 22, whatever that means.

Aug 4th 2008

You should know better than to leave those kinds of things hanging out there with this group, Bri. No slack given.

Aug 4th 2008

I have a confession to make. I won't be buying the DVDs on the day they come out, nor will I be planning on buying them at all. Someday, after they are eligible to go on real sale, if I am shopping in person I might impulse buy them, or if I need to make a minimum purchase for free shipping online I may add them. If Season 5 is fantastic and we're all still friends and I get caught up in peer pressure and buy the DVDs, I'll probably go back and fill in the set.

Aug 4th 2008

I have a confession to make. I own one Office related item. It's a hat, nd I'm donating it to the Summer Hiatus contest. I own not one season of The Office on DVD. I watch all the eps on television and online.

Also, sometimes I drink milk from the jug. When no one is looking. Then I put it back.

Aug 4th 2008

Also, sometimes I drink milk from the jug. When no one is looking. Then I put it back.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I do this as well.

Aug 4th 2008

I have a confession to make. I've removed all the tags from my mattresses.

Aug 4th 2008

I'm telling on you.

Aug 4th 2008

I fear the Mattress Police!

Except, you know, the opposite of that.

Aug 4th 2008

Why has the whole thing about not removing mattress labels persisted so long? It clearly says "except by the consumer" on those tags. This has always bugged me. Of course if you remove them you could tear the stitching that holds the mattress together, which would blow.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 24
  12. >