Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I guess I wouldn’t mind a pair of small, well-behaved boys: NAers Talk About Their Kids
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 87
  12. >
1 to 30 of 2595
Aug 6th 2008

ST said we have a Pets thread but not a kids thread...well, your wish is now granted, Mrs. Tear! Discuss all things kidlet-related here.

Aug 6th 2008

Can we talk about other people's kids?

Aug 6th 2008

YES WE CAN!

My BFF has a cute wee almost 3 year old kidlet of the male variety. And another one on the way; she's due in 6 weeks.

Aug 6th 2008

My three year old daughter is into Barbie Mariposa (butterfly fairies, to those who somehow don't know). She plays around on the Barbie Mariposa web site (made for very young girls) but easily clicks her way to other parts of the Barbie web site for pre-teens where Barbie is all hip and smart-mouthed ("Hey girlfriend! Check out my new outfit!!!") and boy-crazy. I can't believe that this is good for pre-teens...and it's especially not good for my three year old. The other night I told her it was time for bed and she said "No way, dad!" We have started telling her that the Barbie Mariposa web site is not working anymore.

I hear you about fearing to go out, Single Tear. We only have one and we are constantly trying to figure out if it's worth the effort.

Aug 6th 2008 edited

We went bowling this weekend with Tiger’s dad. Four of Tiger’s sister’s kids were going and I took my sister’s three daughters because they love to play with Tiger’s sister’s kids. All of my SIL’s kids were calling Tiger’s dad grandpa and my three year old niece heard them so she started calling him that except she would say “Jampaw”. It was so adorable. When it was his turn to bowl, she would say “Gooo Jampaw!”. I think he just inherited another grand-daughter.

Aug 6th 2008

I hear you about fearing to go out, Single Tear. We only have one and we are constantly trying to figure out if it's worth the effort.

I battle with this a fair bit. When we had our first, we really noticed a big change, because you couldn't just go out like you used to. You always had to take the baby into consideration. You had to plan for naps, and feeding times, and such. If it was winter, you had to bundle the kid up and that took all kinds of prep.

I think I battled more about the effort of going out when I had just one offspring. But by the time we had our second we were pretty much used to the lifestyle change that having a kid brought into our lives. My wife loves going out and being social, so for her it wasn't a hard decision; she wasn't going to let a child dictate her social calendar, or make her an invalid. And she has adjusted accordingly.

All that being said, as I type this my youngest is napping, and I have to go wake her up, and I've been battling the whole time if I should go out with the kids once I get her up, or if I should just let them play in the yard. I do have a few more eps of F&G to watch, after all.

Aug 6th 2008 edited

Having a kiddo has been far more rewarding than non-rewarding. How could you give something like this or this back?

(That first picture is just prior to our first trip on the Polar Express. That second one is where I found him trying to take a nap one day.)

Also - I just found this story on my blog and it made me laugh again. He had just turned three.

Mommy: Listen to this, Daddy. Hey, Kiddo. Can you say Mommy's prayer?

Kiddo: Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom, what's a kingdom Mommy?

Mommy: It's a really big town, keep going. Thy kingdom come, thy will be...

Kiddo: ...done on Earth what's Earth Mommy?

Mommy: It's our planet, Kiddo. On Earth as it is...

Kiddo: ..on Earth as it is in what's Heaven Mommy?

Mommy: It's God's house. Heaven is God's house. Give us this...

Kiddo: What does that MEAN?

Mommy: Kiddo, Heaven is where God lives. It's the name of his house. Give us...

Kiddo: Oh. ...our tresspass as we give our trespass against us. Lead us...

Mommy: ...not into

Kiddo: temptation but deliver us from thine is the kingdom and the power Mommy what's Power?

Mommy: It's when you're really strong, Kiddo. Power and the

Kiddo: glory FOR - EVER! Ah-Men!

----- (Now if that isn't cute enough by itself: Wait. There's more.)

Daddy: Yay! That's our little smart fella. Quick. Do some Shakespeare, Mommy.

Mommy: How about Poe? (Because I can't just pull Shakespeare out of nowhere, even though I have been in TWO Shakespearean plays.) Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary over many a curious volume of forgotton lore...(Thank you, Mrs. Smith! - my 8th grade English teacher)...While I nodded nearly napping suddenly there came a

Daddy: No, let's do the Jaberwocky. (Obviously, he read Alice in Wonderland in the 8th grade.) Twas' brillig in the slythy tobes ...and the momewrath outgrabe. Do you know the rest, Mommy?

Mommy: No, that's all I can remember. How about...

Kiddo: I can do Shakespeare.

Daddy and Mommy at the same time: You can?

Kiddo: Yes watch: (Here he holds up his cup and shakes it vigorously.) Now I drink it! (He mimes gulping then looks at us expectantly.)

Daddy: laugh Oh, I get it. Good job, Kiddo. You're right. You can do Shakes-Beer!

Aug 6th 2008

I love how kid's minds are so wide open. I was out last week with my daughter talking about the moon and the stars, and she was asking me all kinds of intelligent questions. She then asked me "Can the moon ever come down?" and I thought that that's a perfectly reasonable question to her. If I had said, "Yes, watch me do it!" and then lassoed the moon and brought it down for her to see, that would have been a perfectly logical thing for her. Or if suddenly the dog started speaking to her, she'd only be amazed for a few seconds, then would just accept that that's the way things are.

Aug 6th 2008

That's a tres cute story, Anque. Sounds like a very bright kiddo!

Aug 6th 2008

Or if suddenly the dog started speaking to her, she'd only be amazed for a few seconds, then would just accept that that's the way things are.

I love this as well. My mother said it lasts until they are about 9 years old. Then poof, gone.

Aug 6th 2008

My wife loves going out and being social, so for her it wasn't a hard decision; she wasn't going to let a child dictate her social calendar, or make her an invalid. And she has adjusted accordingly.

My kiddo totally dictates my social calendar, unfortunately. I keep hoping when he gets older it will be a bit easier.

Aug 6th 2008

Nah, because then he's always gonna want the car.

Aug 6th 2008 edited

Would anyone like to hear a story about the day my son discovered his testicles?

Aug 6th 2008

Yes. Let's hear it.

Aug 6th 2008

Hmm, sounds intriguing. Shoot.

Aug 6th 2008

Would anyone like to hear a story about the day my son discovered his testicles?

Inspired by my "how's it hangin'?" query? Even if not: all ears.

Aug 6th 2008

Let's just call him "Jimmy".

Jimmy was touching his peepee in the bathtub and he said, “Mommy, I feel something in my peepee!”

I explained to him that boys have 2 parts to their peepees (this part and that part) and that part has balls inside.

"Maybe I swallowed a ball and it went down into my peepee!"

"No, honey, its not really a ball it just feels like it."

The End.

Aug 6th 2008

"Maybe I swallowed a ball and it went down into my peepee!"

Oweee ow. But logical.

Aug 6th 2008

Well, I did say there were balls inside. I haven't taught him "penis" and "testicles" yet. Probably would have been a good opportunity. Guess I chickened out.

Aug 6th 2008

Just wait until you have to tell him about the birds and the bees. Why do they call it that anyway? My parents told me in spanish and it wasn't about birds and bees.

Aug 6th 2008

Does that mean you can only have sex in Spanish?

Aug 6th 2008 edited

I love hearing, (okay, reading them, but whatever), your stories ST, especially because you can take the most mundane sounding subjects and inject such humor into them. Share anytime you want.

Aug 6th 2008

Does that mean you can only have sex in Spanish?

Wouldn't you want to know, skeevy little perv.

Aug 6th 2008

I don't think skeeviness should be allowed within 250 yards of the Kid thread.

Aug 6th 2008

Well, it isn't a thread for kids. It's about kids. And some kids are skeevy. I'd definitely be on your side if it was for kids.

Aug 6th 2008

Fine then. Skeevy kids can post here. But skeeviness from grown-ups should be prohibited. It's just wrong.

Aug 6th 2008

Oh, BTF already started a kid thread. Did not expect that. Now the other kid thread is going to get shut down. I can take it.

Aug 6th 2008

So I took my kids to Reed Gold Mine yesterday. It was a real working gold mine, back in the day, and it's only about 15 miles from us, so I can't believe we've never been there. For days, my son has been yelling, "We're going to look for gold!" so we finally went. I got a tour of the actual mine (which was fascinating and unsettling at the same time, even though we were assured repeatedly that it was safe), and later we got to actually pan for gold, using a real pan and everything. And we found...AN ACTUAL GOLD NUGGET. It's about the size of a pinhead, and the guy put it in a glass vial for us, and it now sits proudly on the mantel so that my son can proudly tell everyone that we actually found gold. My daughter thinks we should send it to http://www.cash4gold.com and my son wholeheartedly supports the idea, since he's trying to save up his pennies for an electric guitar and the commercial said they'll send you actual cash for your gold. He already has enough money (birthday money, stuff he finds on the ground, etc.) to actually purchase an electric guitar, but he doesn't know that. He's only 5. Nothing good can come of me buying him something that can be hooked up to an amplifier. It's unnecessary, much in the same way that I imagine air conditioning is unnecessary at the North Pole. Anyhoo, I have a gold nugget now. Don't rob my house.

Aug 6th 2008

I taught my niece how to give fist bumps on my last visit. So she'll know what to do if she ever meets Toby. The only problem is that when one person gives her a fist bump, everybody has to give her a fist bump.

Aug 6th 2008 edited

That's cute, AMJ. It's good to get her prepared. That's what uncles are for.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 87
  12. >