Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I guess I wouldn’t mind a pair of small, well-behaved boys: NAers Talk About Their Kids
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. 79
  9. 80
  10. 81
  11. 82
  12. ...
  13. 87
  14. >
2341 to 2370 of 2606
Oct 31st 2011

That's the other tricky thing about relationships. Both parties have to be at that perfectly ripe stage.

Good point. I worked with these two people back years ago who illustrated that in a heartbreaking way. They were friends and worked together, and the woman wanted the relationship to be a permanent thing, but though the guy really thought a lot of her, he just wasn't in for the long haul. For two or three years this went on. Finally, she transferred to another work place and a couple of years went by. Eventually, the guy realized she was the love of his life and went knocking on her door. She had already moved on and was dating another guy in a serious way. He was devastated, and became really depressed. And with good reason. They really would have been perfect for one another, their clocks were just ticking at different speeds. It was sad.

Nov 2nd 2011

My wife has been keeping count of how many times my beautiful, wonderful middle daughter, age 5 has cut her own hair.

As of today, we're up to nine times. That seems excessive, doesn't it?

Nov 2nd 2011

Wow. Yes, that does seem like a lot. KarenM may have some thoughts, as I'm fairly certain she has dealt with this issue recently.

Nov 2nd 2011

They really would have been perfect for one another, their clocks were just ticking at different speeds. It was sad.

This has really happened to me with every relationship I've had since the big D. At least every one I've cared about. The NYC girl was not long out of a serious relationship, and then her dad got sick, so she was always like, "We can't be too serious about this." Then I decided I was leaving New York and her dad was recovering and she was feeling like maybe we should be thinking about getting a little down-settle-y. Literally, these decisions happened within days of each other.

This last woman here is probably the coolest chick I've been around since Mrs F. Totally different in every way, but really awesome. But . . . she had a recently-minted ex back in Wisconsin who waltzed back into her life, and I ended up on the short end of that particular stick. Had we met a year ago or a year from now, who knows, but I basically got thrown over by someone who really liked me, who I really liked, because she still more than liked someone she had broken up with because she moved. If you see what I'm saying.

There are more examples, but this is starting to depress me, so I'm going to stop thinking about it.

Nov 3rd 2011

I see you are baking pies, friend. I...would like a piece. Can I just come over?

Nov 3rd 2011

I...would like a piece. Can I just come over?

That's something else that every guy wants a girl to say to them.

Nov 3rd 2011 edited

You know, maybe that's what I need. Too bad. Mr. A is out male-bonding. I'll be asleep by the time he gets home.

Nov 3rd 2011

It's only 1300 miles from upstate NY to Minneapolis, I think. I'm making stew, too.

Nov 3rd 2011

1,075 miles - 18 hours and 22 minutes by Google's reckoning so I could probably get there in 16. Everything would be cold by then. Including Minneapolis.

Nov 3rd 2011

Minneapolis has been a lot warmer than either New York or Oregon so far this autumn. And both stew and pie can be re-heated.

Nov 3rd 2011

Man, that is tempting. Actually, I wish I could. I was just talking with Mr. A about how we're both incredibly fond of the long road trip, but, even though we've been married for almost 10 years, we've never done one together. I have family just south of you, too.

Are you having a party? What kind of stew did you make? And what kind of pie?

Nov 3rd 2011

It was a practice pie crust. The real pie doesn't go into production until tomorrow. Pie is actually the theme of the party.

So, I'm making a blackberry, a pumpkin, and a chocolate. I have friends making tomato, apple, and some kind of Filipino savory pie that everybody's really excited about.

I'm making this beef stew recipe my mom always made as a kid. It's just getting to the point where it drops into the 20s at night here, so it feels like stew weather to me.

Tomorrow, I'm going to make a vegan stew for those people. Those people.

Nov 3rd 2011

Those people.

Nods head...Democrats, amiright?

Nov 3rd 2011

Also, I wish I baked stuff.

Nov 3rd 2011

Baking is the most like magic of all the cooking.

Nov 3rd 2011

It is so awesome when I come in from working out in the yard to find out that my wife and daughter have baked cookies.

Nov 3rd 2011

Hey, Dftf, go to the Politics thread and answer a question I have.

Nov 3rd 2011

I saw that. I would have to . . . um, have had less wine. I'll give it a go tomorrow after work, if that's cool.

Nov 3rd 2011

That's cool.

Nov 3rd 2011

Pie is actually the theme of the party.

If you're not having soda as well then you are dead to me.

Nov 3rd 2011

I'm not sure I understand.

Nov 3rd 2011

Baking is the most like magic of all the cooking.

This. That's awesome. I hope your pie party is awesome. And the beef stew sounds lovely. I've not made a stew ever. I'm going to make some homemade chicken'n'dumplings tomorrow though. That should make up for my lack of stew.

Nov 4th 2011

I hope your pie party is awesome. And the beef stew sounds lovely. I've not made a stew ever. I'm going to make some homemade chicken'n'dumplings tomorrow though.

Me, too. I agree. Me, neither. I made "potato soup" once...but it was like peasant's food. It was just chunks of potatoes in water. I wish I had homemade chicken'n'dumplings. I'd probably end up with flour and chicken in water. I'm not a good cook.

Nov 4th 2011

I'm not a good cook.

You might get closer to the big bang if you improve those skills. Just sayin'.

Nov 4th 2011

She's like the female version of a man who can't cook.

Nov 4th 2011

Eh, I'm not a cook. I am a good directions follower. That's why I'm a good baker. You have to be precise with that. The chicken'n'dumplings recipe is my mother's and it is awesome and totally easy, Toos. I'd be happy to share with you if you'd like it.

Nov 4th 2011

Oooh! Yes, please!

Nov 4th 2011

Eh, I'm not a cook. I am a good directions follower.

Of course all men know that cooking is just following directions. But we play it up like you women have accomplished something big by making us a stew because we're lazy, and we often get hungry, and we just want someone to make us food. ;)

Nov 4th 2011

No, no, no....there are actually good cooks out there who can walk into a kitchen and throw together a delicious meal with absolutely no recipe. My husband is one of those people. Thank goodness. You can only eat so much Macaroni & Cheese & Hotdogs before you have to have something real.

I will find the food thread and give you the recipe later today, Toos. Turns out, Mr. A wants Taco Soup tonight so I'm hooking that up instead.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. 79
  9. 80
  10. 81
  11. 82
  12. ...