Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I guess I wouldn’t mind a pair of small, well-behaved boys: NAers Talk About Their Kids
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 76
  5. 77
  6. 78
  7. 79
  8. 80
  9. 81
  10. 82
  11. 83
  12. ...
  13. 87
  14. >
2371 to 2400 of 2606
Nov 4th 2011

You can only eat so much Macaroni & Cheese & Hotdogs before you have to have something real.

I can make these things that are hot dogs rolled up in crescent rolls with cheese. That's about it.

I will find the food thread and give you the recipe later today, Toos.

Yay!

Nov 4th 2011

. I am a good directions follower. That's why I'm a good baker. You have to be precise with that.

I think you have pinpointed one of the reasons I can't seem to make a decent pie crust. I'm into adding a little of this and a little of that. I make a mean soup or chili, where you can add this or that, but pie crusts are my nemesis.

Nov 4th 2011

Yeah, baking has very little wiggle room for creativity. Cooking, on the other hand, is all about it. As long as you have the basics down, you can make just about anything taste good just by winging it. I love to wing it. I would, though, really, really like the chicken and dumplings recipe, too.

I'm making stew on Sunday. It's the kind that cooks in a dutch oven for six or seven hours and makes the house smell heavenly. I can't wait.

Nov 4th 2011

a dutch oven

Sorry, this term always makes me laugh. Because of blanket farts.

Nov 4th 2011

I hope my stew smells better than that.

Nov 4th 2011

Anque, are the dumplings in your recipe doughy and heavy or light and biscuity?

Nov 4th 2011

Maybe Anque would rather not talk about her dumplings. She is a lady, afterall.

Nov 4th 2011

Taco Soup

You have misspelled "Bell."

Nov 4th 2011

I love bell soup.

Nov 4th 2011

Boy, I Britta'd that one.

Nov 4th 2011

I love bell soup.

Does that taste like stone soup?

Nov 4th 2011

I replied to your question in the food thread, Toos. Taco soup is the shiznitz, gb. You should make some. It is yummy.

Nov 4th 2011

I'm getting quizzical looks at mention of taco soup here. I'm heading over to the food thread to find out what this south o' the border concoction is about.

Nov 4th 2011

I'm a little late on the uptake, but all I can think of if a kid keeps cutting her hair is that she wants short hair. Take her to a haircutter and get a cute 'do. We went with pixie because of the bald spots, but there are lots of choices.

And I have a recipe for fajita soup that sounds delicious, so the pre-bashing of taco soup--even in joke form--seems horribly unfair. I've also run into a breakfast soup with cheese and bacon that would take hours for me to make.

Nov 4th 2011

Abrupt Segue

So is it more awkward to ask a grandmother of a kid that my kid is friends with (they are in the same class for the second year in a row, they play at the park after school, they've gone to each other's house, my kid was invited to the birthday party last year) if we were invited to the birthday party this year? I haven't heard anything yet, but the grandmother mentioned the party right in front of me to a parent who just hosted a party last week that all three boys were at... or is it better to risk being a no-show at a party we've been invited to that somehow news of never trickled down to me?

My kid hasn't said a word about any party. I don't care if we go to this party. I would be happy if we didn't use a day of our three-day weekend next week arranging our schedule around some party, and if I didn't have to buy a present. But these boys are friends, and if it came up later that Isaac was invited and just didn't go for no reason at all, I'd feel terrible for that, too.

I'd prefer to operate with information now than wait until someone calls me the night before to find out if I'm really coming. I almost never talk to the mother of the kid, but I see grandma a lot because she's the one who gets him from school. So she's probably not planning the party, but grandma lives in the house with kid and mom, and I dunno.

Does it matter if I ask in person versus email?

Nov 4th 2011

I wish I could offer some advice. Alas, we do not do the party thing so...I am unsure as to what is appropriate and what is not.

Nov 5th 2011

On the hair front, I think you should just give her a buzz cut until she starts school.

Don't worry about the party. It doesn't really seem like it matters to anybody that you go.

Nov 7th 2011

I'm a little late on the uptake, but all I can think of if a kid keeps cutting her hair is that she wants short hair.

That is...not what I was thinking.

On the hair front, I think you should just give her a buzz cut until she starts school.

She's in kindgergarten, and...that would be messed up.

Nov 7th 2011

You could always just get her a bunch of kid wigs and let her wear a different one every day.

Nov 7th 2011

I think you are rather enamored of...ellipses.

Nov 7th 2011

Hi Anque. Same-time post high fives to ya!

Nov 7th 2011

Whoo hoo! Is there a such thing as a Post Jinx?

Nov 7th 2011

So is that what you call me behind my back?

Nov 7th 2011

Post Jinx

UPS or Fed Ex ground?

Nov 7th 2011

What can Brown do for me?

Nov 7th 2011

I don't want to be the Ellipses Guy.

Nov 7th 2011 edited

Have you asked her why she keeps cutting her hair? If she just really likes scissors, maybe you can get her some other project to use with scissors instead of herself. And if she likes short hair, well, short haircuts are on trend and you can always buy her a hat to keep her warm.

Nov 7th 2011

I initially thought it was her way of 'acting out', a sort of attention seeking behaviour, but she does it on days when things are going great, and some time she does it on days where she's been grumpy and has gotten into trouble with mom at home, so there's no real pattern to it.

We've asked her why she keeps cutting her hair, and she doesn't give a definitive answer. It's usually "I don't know".

Nov 7th 2011

Tomorrow she'll sit you down and tell you she wants to be a boy, and she's already started saving her pennies in her Justin Beiber bank for a sex change.

Or the hair cutting will just go away by itself.

Either way, you don't get to choose.

Nov 8th 2011

I'm glad those are my only two options.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 76
  5. 77
  6. 78
  7. 79
  8. 80
  9. 81