Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I guess I wouldn’t mind a pair of small, well-behaved boys: NAers Talk About Their Kids
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 79
  5. 80
  6. 81
  7. 82
  8. 83
  9. 84
  10. 85
  11. 86
  12. 87
  13. >
2581 to 2606 of 2606
Aug 9th 2013

Do you go to a regular stylist? Or see someone new each time? Maybe the regular person said something to upset her... But if she didn't get a haircut at the cousin's place, either...

I'd just force the kid to tell me what's really going on. You know, in a nice way. Somehow.

Aug 9th 2013

No, she's never had a stylist or a regular barber. She won't go. She'll just go and watch her cousin.

Aug 31st 2013

Jinx, as the mother of a painfully shy son, I can give you a little hope.

When my older son was young, we would go out and he was too shy not only to say "hi", but even to look at people we might meet, say, in the mall. In his preschool they were trying to teach him how to shake hands, and he told them he just couldn't do that. He would show up to soccer practice and barely talk to his teammates. It's been a long, rocky, and gradual road, but now he's 23 and can front a jazz band without getting nervous.

Be patient.

Feb 16th 2014

Kids' birthday parties would make a great form of birth control. Perhaps even retroactively.

Feb 16th 2014

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt had a little girl. Hazel (like the witch)

Feb 26th 2014

Aaand, Jenna Fischer is pregnant again. Due this summer.

Feb 26th 2014

Given that she appears to have dropped out of acting since the end of the show, this is not a surprise.

Feb 26th 2014

Aaand, Jenna Fischer is pregnant again.

Mmmmmmmmmilf!

Feb 26th 2014

That kid's going to have a lot of hair.

Jul 9th 2014 edited

My daughter is starting to form words. "Grandma" is a tough one so far. I said, "Say Grandma!" She said, "Mammy!"

Not a very progressive choice.

Jul 9th 2014

Your kid is so racist.

Jul 9th 2014

If she calls her grandfather "Nappy" we'll know there's a problem.

Jul 10th 2014

What does she call your Uncle Ben?

Jul 10th 2014

Jemima, why?

My son called me the other day at work and said, "Knock knock." Always up for some jocularity, I said, "Who's there?" He replied, "Jose." "Jose who," I asked.

To which, he sang, "Jose can you see?"

I've notified Al Sharpton.

Aug 21st 2014

What does she call your Uncle Ben?

Uncle Tom?

Jan 23rd 2018 edited

So yesterday my oldest asked me if she could watch The Office. She’s already watched past Diversity Day. She loved the exchange between Michael and Mr. Brown. We laughed about Pam’s explanation of an Asian person and Dwight guessing he was a woman.

This feels weird sharing my favourite show with my teenage daughter. I can’t explain why, but it just does.

I wonder how she’ll feel about the parking lot of doom scene, and Jim transferring to Stamford, and Dunder-Mifflin Infinity...

Jan 24th 2018

If she signs up here, we have a lot of stuff we need to erase. A LOT...of STUFF.

Jan 24th 2018

My daughter started watching TO on Netflix a few months back. I don't think she ever finished season 2.

Jan 26th 2018

My 11 year old watched up through season 6 last fall. There were a few uncomfortable moments, like when Jim says in "The Convention," that Dwight got a hooker and then trying to explain what a hooker was. I think I said something like, "It's a lady that you pay to go on a date with you."

Jan 30th 2018

My greatest fear is my kids will enjoy Seasons 7-9.

"You should have a lot greater fears, Michael"

I feel like that's an actual line from the show that made sense there, but I don't really remember anymore. I'm not even sure if there were 8, 9 or 10 seasons.

Jan 30th 2018

I feel like that's an actual line from the show that made sense there

That quote popped into my head, too, so it must have been from something.

I'm not even sure if there were 8, 9 or 10 seasons.

Fake news.

Jan 31st 2018

Michael: Do you remember Ed Truck?
Creed: Sure. He hired me. How's he doing?
Michael: How would I know?
Creed: I thought you might.
Michael: My biggest fear is turning into him.
Creed: Michael, you should have much bigger fears than that.

Feb 1st 2018

My 14-year-old has already torn through all of TO. Even the stuff I didn't watch. And all of Parks & Rec. He's working through 30 Rock now. It was fun to sit and laugh with him about all of it again. It's nice to remember what a great show this was.

Mar 21st 2018

My 13 year old, on her own accord, has been watching The Office for the past month. One of her friends was in to it, and she remembered it being on when she was 5, and she really enjoys it. When I get home from work, she will have it on, and I will watch it with her, and laugh, and remember. There was a lot of good stuff in there, even in the later seasons where I complained about it at the time. Of course she loves season 2 and especially The Dundies...she is my daughter after all!

Mar 23rd 2018

So, she got at least some of your genetic material?

Mar 24th 2018

Probably she got the good looking and funny genes from me. And the modesty genes.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 79
  5. 80
  6. 81
  7. 82
  8. 83
  9. 84
  10. 85
  11. 86
  12. 87