Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Downtime Thread: Arms at your side! Arms at your side!
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 65
Sep 11th 2008

Sorry for the extended downtime today, folks. We had some software issues with the server -- nothing a drive down to the hosting facility couldn't fix.

Sep 11th 2008

Hope you cracked some heads, James. Downtime is simply unacceptable.

Sep 11th 2008

I just want to say that you handled that situation with great aplomb, james.

Sep 11th 2008

suck up!

Sep 11th 2008

coughyou'reasuckupcough

Sep 12th 2008

Your moms are suck ups.

It was nice to see that I wasn't the only one who lost it a little bit last night when NA went down. A few of us met up at Facebook and commiserated. Wish you all could have joined us.

Sep 12th 2008 edited

Ok, people. NA is back, so I want some posts. It's Friday. Happily, I am without pants, and, sadly, without posts. Get to it.

Sep 12th 2008

No Pants! No Pants! No Pants!

Sep 12th 2008

Good to have this place back. I was ready to call and threaten not to pay my NA bill this month.

More seriously, thanks James.

Sep 12th 2008

Good to have this place back. I was ready to call and threaten not to pay my NA bill this month.

What a sucker! I paid for the whole year and got a reduced rate!

Sep 12th 2008 edited

Happily, I am without pants, and, sadly, without posts.

TMI

Also, thanks, James.

Facebook was fun last night for those that ventured there. But, it felt far.

Sep 12th 2008

Dammit, I went to facebook but no one was posting so I thought it was just my computer. Crap, I should have stayed longer.

Sep 12th 2008

So, this facebook thing. You create a page and then what? Is it like myspace where you create a main profile page that people can view? And you can make it private, right?

I had two friends tell me to get one today at lunch.

Sep 12th 2008

I had an editor ask me about mine. I wonder if I should activate it. Hard to see if I'm missing much.

Sep 12th 2008 edited

I created one for the sole purpose of being a part of the NA Little Kid Lovers group in case something happened to NA. I honestly never looked at it otherwise. You can IM each other and also post comments at the same time. I decided it was kind of a cool thing. I probably still won't spend a lot of time with it though unless another snafu crops up like last night.

Lem, I don't know a lot about it but when you "friend" someone, every time you update your profile or make a comment, all your friends will be notified of the changes/comments. That way, if you want to, you can respond back.

It's kind of a way for your friends/family to keep up with what's happening in your life, as long as you keep updating it.

Sep 12th 2008

Ah, I see. Thanks, Madge!

Sep 12th 2008

de nada, Hermana!

Sep 12th 2008

It's like Myspace, but not as sucky.

Sep 15th 2008

Every time I see this thread at the top of my page, I can't help but laugh at the "Arms at your side! Arms at your side!" scene. I love Angela.

Sep 17th 2008

Be warned everyone and James, NA is acting wonky like it did the other day when it was down all night. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Oct 5th 2008

What episode is the "arms at your side" quote from? I'm assuming from lem's above post that it was said at or by Angela, but I'm drawing a blank.

Oct 5th 2008

It's from The Fire when Angela and Dwight are trying to get everyone out of the Office.

Oct 5th 2008

Thank you, ma'am.

Oct 5th 2008

At least Anque bumped old threads from the bottom of the forum, not the top.

Oct 5th 2008

I will bump whichever threads I want and in whatever manner I want.

Except, you know, the closed threads and if the Mods tell me to quit. But, otherwise, [insert more macho posturing here.]

Nov 20th 2008

Thanks, James!

Nov 20th 2008

I hope this teaches a lesson to all of you out there who haven't joined the NA Facebook group. We had a wild party while NA was down and you missed it. Serves you right.

Nov 20th 2008

I have a facebook account but it's blocked here at work...so catch-22.

Nov 20th 2008 edited

Can anyone answer this question? Help me understand if it's possible, if I join the NA group on Facebook, for my students to trace me back to here.

Paranoia...grue needs help.

Nov 20th 2008

You might be able to alter your privacy settings so that only certain people can see which groups you're in. That might involve manually excluding all your students, though.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
1 to 30 of 65
Top of PageBack to discussions