Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Fashion Show At Lunch!: NA Gets Sartorial
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >
1 to 30 of 748
Sep 14th 2008

Who doesn't love talking about clothes? Here's a whole thread for 'em! Let us know what you love, what you hate, what you've bought, what you wish you could buy, your favorite stores, celebrity outfit evaluations, trend reports...and don't forget about accessories.

Coincidentally, it's Fashion Week in New York, and that may be a good place to start...

Sep 14th 2008

OK, here's a slide show of Ralph Lauren's Spring 2009 line. Thoughts about the Indiana Jones look? If I could pull off wearing a fedora, I totally would.

Sep 14th 2008

I went to Last Chance yesterday. I think I told you guys about that store. It's kind of like a Nordstrom's Rack. I bought these really cute Steve Madden red patent leather peep toe flats and I got my little 3yo niece some dark purple or blue patent leather ballerina flats. She looks so cute in them. I also bought three new tops. I love not paying full price for stuff!

Sep 14th 2008

My style has changed so radically over the past 15 years that if I ever go to my high school reunion, no one will recognize me, just based on my fashion choices. I used to be very comfortable wearing way-oversized stuff, old-fashioned looking dresses, etc. I really didn't give much thought to clothes at all. I can honestly say that only in the past few years have I put any conscious thought into my clothes. Now that I sew, it's opened up a whole new world of altered artwear, Project Runway, etc. When I look back on some of the stuff I used to wear, I cringe. I remember in particular a pink paisly, drop-waisted, pleated dress with a huge vintage lace Peter Pan collar that I wore to my office job. I showed it to my sister ( who is younger) and she looked dumbfounded. I said, "Don't you love it?" And she just said, "Ummm....no."

Sep 14th 2008

I bought a shirt today, a cream-colored Polo oxford. It was on clearance from $85 down to $19.99. Score!

I'd wear sweats to work if it was allowed.

I probably haven't worn a tie, outside of weddings, job interviews and funerals, more than five times in the last decade.

Sep 14th 2008

I probably haven't worn a tie, outside of weddings, job interviews and funerals, more than five times in the last decade.

I haven't worn a tie since Friday. You win.

Sep 14th 2008 edited

A lot of those Lauren pieces were a throwback to stuff from the 80's, especially the gold clothes, belts and oversized tailored shirts with skirts. I loved the collection.

Oh yeah, and the Annie Hall ties!

Sep 14th 2008

I think I've mentioned this before, but there's a Goodwill up the street from us, and that's where I probably get 75% of my clothes. The rest are sale/discount/consignment of some sort. The 50% clearance rack at Target is a wonderful thing. I am not ashamed at all to admit that I'm an absolute cheapskate about my clothes. Chances are I'm going to rip it, stain it, lose it, or otherwise ruin it in short order, anyway, so my unwillingness to spend money on something expensive is justified.

Sep 14th 2008

A lot of those Lauren pieces were a throwback to stuff from the 80's, especially the gold clothes, belts and oversized tailored shirts with skirts. I loved the collection.

I really enjoyed it too, especially the white shoes and bags with brown trim. And that simple white sundress with a brown belt.

Sep 14th 2008

I bought a shirt today, a cream-colored Polo oxford. It was on clearance from $85 down to $19.99. Score!

Nice find, B! I think I would wear sweats to work if I could, too. Right now, I wear jeans and a nice top to work most of the time but when I have meetings with higher level people or the customer, I'll usually wear Banana Republic or Gap dress stuff. I like to dress up or dress cute when hubby and I go places, though (dinner, meet up with friends, parties, etc).

Sep 14th 2008

I didn't really like the safari/gold themed clothes that much (especially the translucent leotard through which you could see the model's nipples), but I loved the white, cream, and black dresses.

Sep 14th 2008

That's what I do too, LT. I like to see what's in style and then I buy it somewhere else where it's cheaper. Or I wear what I want to. I no longer give up comfort for fashion. I did for a long time, though.

Sep 14th 2008

And that simple white sundress with a brown belt.

I loved that one too, LB.

Sep 14th 2008

I saw a Michael Kors bag in the latest issue of Glamour that I've been coveting hardcore. Thing is, it's not on his website. There's a similar bag, but it's not the same. I mean, obviously, I can't afford to buy it, but I can't even virtually window shop.

Sep 14th 2008

CZJ, I saw this ivory leather Michael Kors bag at Last Chance yesterday for $60. I was so close to driving back to get it today but I'm sure it's gone by now.

Sep 14th 2008

If I were a celebrity (or just super super rich), I would totally wear Marchesa's clothes. I love the flowy, Grecian designs (a la Rami Kashou) that they do very, very well.

Sep 14th 2008

I saw a Michael Kors bag in the latest issue of Glamour that I've been coveting hardcore.

Oh man, I love Michael Kors. Would that I could afford his stuff. Some of the MICHAEL Michael Kors stuff at Macy's and Nordstrom is more attainable, though. I just got a black wristlet from that line for 50% off.

Sep 14th 2008

Looking through more of the collections on that website (which is great, by the way!), I love Narciso Rodriguez's line.

Sep 14th 2008 edited

CZJ, I saw this ivory leather Michael Kors bag at Last Chance yesterday for $60. I was so close to driving back to get it today but I'm sure it's gone by now.

The one time I drove out to Last Chance, I didn't see anything. I have the worst luck.

Some of the MICHAEL Michael Kors stuff at Macy's and Nordstrom is more attainable, though.

I think it is MICHAEL Michaels Kors....let me check. Yes, yes it is. Still $548, and apparently not yet sold at any store I can find. There is a Michael Kors store at the Grove. I don't really go in, because I know I really can't afford to even walk around in there, but sometimes I'll stare from afar.

Sep 14th 2008

I love Michael Kors, too. I have some of his black ballerina flats with a buckle and three tops. Century 21 in NYC has great deals in his stuff. That's where I got most of my stuff. Also, there's a great Michael Kors outlet in HI. I plan to hit that store up if we go spend Thanksgiving with Tiger's family over there.

Sep 14th 2008

I am not ashamed at all to admit that I'm an absolute cheapskate about my clothes. Chances are I'm going to rip it, stain it, lose it, or otherwise ruin it in short order, anyway, so my unwillingness to spend money on something expensive is justified.

I think that's great LT. I wish it was easy for me to just walk in a store and say....buy a long sleeved blouse, or a jacket, or pants without them being too short in the arms, or the overall length. It gets so frustrating. I have to buy more expensive stuff to get the fit I like. I'm not freakishly tall, but I do have long limbs, and a long waist.

Sep 14th 2008

Anyone else a fan of Anthropologie? I got this blouse there recently as a graduation gift to myself. Comfy and flattering, as many of their things are.

Sep 14th 2008

They had a lot of good deals on "Michael Kors" bags in the Fashion District, CZJ...I hope you don't mind pleather.

Sep 14th 2008

lemon, I really like Banana Republic stuff too. A lot of their pants come in a standard 33 inch inseam which is perfect for me to wear with a small heel.

Sep 14th 2008

The one time I drove out to Last Chance, I didn't see anything. I have the worst luck.

Sometimes I don't find anything but after many times of going, I've found out from one of the store people, when they get their shipments so I know how to time when I go.

Yesterday, they had this Robert Rodriguez jacket for less than $100 but it had a missing button so I didn't get it. I checked Nordstrom's website to see how much it really cost and they had it at over $500. I'm such an idiot. I should have bought it and just replaced all the buttons.

Sep 14th 2008

Anyone else a fan of Anthropologie? I got this blouse there recently as a graduation gift to myself. Comfy and flattering, as many of their things are.

I love Anthropology, too! Especially their sales rack. Did I mention I don't like paying full price for stuff, cause I don't.

Sep 14th 2008

I'm soooo tempted to look at the PR collections on the website that LB posted, but I want to wait until the show finale.....

Sep 14th 2008

I ended up going into EW's coverage and checking that out because they only had two pieces from each collection so I don't think I spoiled myself that much.

Sep 14th 2008 edited

And that simple white sundress with a brown belt.

I loved that one too, LB.

So did I. Unfortunately I would never buy it because I would definitely ruin it within 5 minutes of putting it on.

I probably won't be in this thread much. I have wonderful taste in clothes. I just chose my body poorly.

Sep 14th 2008

I ended up going into EW's coverage and checking that out because they only had two pieces from each collection so I don't think I spoiled myself that much.

I looked at three of Jerrell's pieces and felt guilty. I might look on EW, instead.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >