Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Blech! Worst. Ideas. For An Episode or Season Arc. Ever.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 141
Sep 16th 2008

We often discuss episode ideas or season arcs that we would like to see happen on our beloved show. Sometimes we make suggestions (like Toby chasing Pam a la Jim chasing Pam in S1&2) that cause some people to puke all over the floor of NA.

Here's a place where you can share your ideas of things you absolutely never ever want to see happen on an episode or season of The Office.

I'll use the idea that I came up with that caused me to start this thread.

Season arc: Toby realizes he loves Pam and spends the entire season agonizing over her. He finally screws up his courage and tells her that he loves her in the season finale. He kisses her. She looks into his eyes... camera fades out. Roll credits.

Worst idea ever, right? I'm sure you can think of some other really disastrous plot lines. Throw 'em down here.

Sep 16th 2008

One word: Kevedith.

Sep 16th 2008

Jingela?

Sep 16th 2008

Stanley Vance.

Sep 16th 2008

Phyllis or Bob?

Sep 16th 2008

Wait...you mean Stanley hooking up of Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration?

'cause that idea has possibilities...

Sep 16th 2008

It wasn't specified, so I was just asking.

Sep 16th 2008

Why do your bad plot ideas revolve only around character relationships?

Phylledith.

Sep 16th 2008

Merecreed. Or, Marycreed, depending on who you ask.

Sep 16th 2008

Darrela.

Sep 16th 2008

It wasn't specified, so I was just asking.

I'm not specifying because both are gross.

Darrela.

The cure for which is Immodium.

Sep 16th 2008

Michael dating Jan.

Oh wait, that actually happened.

Sep 16th 2008

Bad episode idea:

Michael, Creed and Dwight attend a small business 'seminar' at a nudist colony in Daytona Beach. However, there's a twist: Phyllis and Bob Vance are there too. Meanwhile, back at DM-Scranton, Jim and Pam are bundled up like Eskimos, because the building's heat has gone out. Hilarity ensues.

Sep 16th 2008

Corporate announcing the Scranton branch would merge into the Stamford branch but then when the Stamford manager leaves the company, in a matter of a couple hours they change their mind so Scranton absorbs Stamford.

Oh wait, that actually happened.

Sep 16th 2008

Ok, for a non relationship plotline how about Pam, after a 3 month summer course in graphic design, is offered a high paying job in NY. Jim is re-recruited by David Wallace for the corporate job and takes it this time. Both characters leave the show forever.

Sep 16th 2008

Both characters leave the show forever.

Yes, this is the worst idea ever. DC wins.

Sep 16th 2008

Ouch DC. I really don't like that one. (Because I could see it happening, potentially as a series finale, which I never like to think about)

Sep 16th 2008 edited

Jan and her candle business become an overnight internet business sensation. Andy leaves DM to become her right hand man. Dwight and Jim decide that they really are better friends than they thought and decide to take a year off and tour Europe together, but each ends up marrying an Estonian shepherdess, never to return to Scranton again.

Pam shaves her head and Angela follows suit. They both fall madly in love with Kevin, and both end up pregnant with his love child, but who will he choose? Neither, he's already moved to Wilkes-Barre with Kelly.

Michael is left at the Scranton branch, but has a life-altering moment of clarity and realizes his manic behavior is a thing of the past and becomes the responsible adult he needs to be.

Sep 16th 2008

Worst ideas.

S5.01- Takes place mostly outside the office
S5.02- Takes place mostly outside the office
S5.03- Takes place mostly outside the office and involves Karen.
S5.04-....

Sep 16th 2008

Jim becomes involved with his real life girlfriend, shunning Pam, for an entire season.

Michael, Creed and Dwight attend a small business 'seminar' at a nudist colony in Daytona Beach. However, there's a twist: Phyllis and Bob Vance are there too. Meanwhile, back at DM-Scranton, Jim and Pam are bundled up like Eskimos,

This is backwards.

Sep 16th 2008

Hence, it's rottenness.

Sep 16th 2008

Jim and Pam get married and then the spark is gone. She nags him at work and he goes out to the bars to catch a moment's respite. Meanwhile, he chases every skirt he can find. Their marriage spirals downwards until they are just together for the sake of the two bratty kids they had. They watch a lot of TV and frequent internet message boards.

Sep 16th 2008

The Dunder Mifflin gang win a vacation on a t.v. game show and it's off to
jolly old England where they get mixed up with jewel thieves, foreign spies
and blood pudding! (Special guest appearance by the late Benny Hill.)

Sep 16th 2008

Four words: guest star Gary Busey.

Sep 16th 2008

Another four words: guest star Fran Drescher.

Sep 16th 2008

Four words: guest star Gary Busey.

I believe you. Continue, using words like "Seagall," "stolen fighter jet," "Tawny" and "scantily."

Sep 16th 2008

Jim and Pam get married and then the spark is gone. She nags him at work and he goes out to the bars to catch a moment's respite. Meanwhile, he chases every skirt he can find. Their marriage spirals downwards until they are just together for the sake of the two bratty kids they had. They watch a lot of TV and frequent internet message boards.

Jinx you forgot the part where Jim gains 120 pounds.

Sep 16th 2008

Pam gains 120 pounds, Jim just goes bald. And gets back acne.

Sep 16th 2008

Pam gains 120 pounds

And don't forget the varicose veins.

Sep 16th 2008

Jim just goes bald. And gets back acne.

So he's taking 'roids?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5