Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.01 Weight Loss
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 24
  12. >
1 to 30 of 711
Sep 18th 2008 edited
  • Season 5 : Episode 1
  • First aired on September 25, 2008

Summary courtesy of NBC:

WHO WILL BE THE BIGGEST LOSER-- OSCAR NOMINEE AMY RYAN ("Gone Baby Gone") GUEST STARS-- For the first time, we see what happens over eight weeks of the summer, as a Dunder Mifflin weight loss initiative causes the branch to diet and become obsessed with their weight. Michael (Steve Carell) pursues a friendship with his new HR rep, Holly (Oscar nominee, Amy Ryan). Jim (John Krasinski) misses Pam (Jenna Fischer) who attends art school in New York. Dwight (Rainn Wilson), Andy (Ed Helms) and Angela (Angela Kinsey) attend to unfinished business. B.J. Novak, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Oscar Nunez, Brian Baumgartner, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Creed Bratton and Craig Robinson also star.

Sep 18th 2008

Cue moment of realization: I can't believe we're on Season Five. Amazing it's been that many years already.

Sep 18th 2008

You can't see it, but I'm doing the "only one more week!" dance.

Sep 18th 2008

I saw this thread title and was totally baffled for a minute. It's been too long without a new episode.

Sep 18th 2008

It's always nice to see you James, but right now it's especially nice. One week to go!

Sep 18th 2008

The summer went by quickly for me. I'm sure most of you disagree. But I am just as excited for a new episode. I need to get moving on watching all of my S4 disc material.

Sep 18th 2008

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

Also thank you NBC for scheduling it next week and not tonight when I am going to a football game. Has anyone noticed there is no episode 10/2 because of the VP debate? Stupid politician jerks.

Sep 18th 2008

One more week! This thread makes it that much more real.

Sep 18th 2008

I'm sure it's been talked about a million times the Spoiler thread, but I've I made my yearly conversion to a nerk - there are two moments in the previews that are beyond awesome.

Sep 18th 2008

Which ones?...but I think I agree with you.

Sep 18th 2008

Woo hoo!

I have to share something related to this: I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Thursday; I discovered my error this morning only because the recycling truck didn't come. My first thought was "Dang, that's a whole 'nother day I have to wait for the premiere!"

Sep 18th 2008

Which ones?...but I think I agree with you.

You know...that one with guy and the girl, and that other one with the guy and the girl.

Sep 18th 2008

Nice to see one of these come up.

TWSS

Sep 18th 2008

You know...that one with guy and the girl, and that other one with the guy and the girl.

Yeah, those ones are good.

Sep 18th 2008

Yes, especially the one with the guy and the girl at the end of the promo.

Sep 18th 2008

Hmm, BJ's still in the cast listing. I take it we'll see what it's like to go from "the temp" to "the boss" to "the prison bitch."

Sep 18th 2008

I take it we'll see what it's like to go from "the temp" to "the boss" to "the prison bitch."

Let's hope you never have to find out.

Sep 18th 2008 edited

Yay, we made it! It's so close! Thanks, James!

I saw the title of this thread and thought there was a diet update going on.

Sep 18th 2008

Yay, we made it! It's so close!

TWSalmostS

Sep 19th 2008

Yes, especially the one with the guy and the girl at the end of the promo.

That makes me laugh audibly for a long time.

Sep 19th 2008

5 days
21 hours
33 mins
38 sec

Sep 19th 2008

For me its:
5 days
20 hours
30 minutes

Sep 19th 2008

5 days 18 hours 32 minutes

Sep 19th 2008

So jealous! I'm going to have to be strong to not peek in here.

Sep 19th 2008

Jim (John Krasinski) misses Pam (Jenna Fischer) who attends art school in New York.

What's this??? Pam's not back??? I'm not too happy about that. I wonder who's taking her place (receptionist) at DM? Holly?

I thought the art school would be a summer session. I don't remember if that's what Pam said, but that's what I remember thinkin it would be. Maybe it just started in the Fall and she'll be out for a few months starting now. Grrrr.

Sep 19th 2008

Are you a promo-nerk, too? If not, there are a couple of promos that aired this past week that might answer your question. Also this:

I thought the art school would be a summer session.

It is a summer session.

Sep 19th 2008

It is a summer session.

Maybe they're filming some retro stuff then.

Are you a promo-nerk, too? If not, there are a couple of promos that aired this past week that might answer your question.

I know that I asked the questions but I really don't want to know. I waited this long and I'll find out soon enough. I'm not too happy that I read the episode description. Never put the temptation in front of me. I'm too weak.

Sep 20th 2008

I wonder who's taking her place (receptionist) at DM? Holly?

Ryan? He did it once before. Maybe it could be part of his community service.

Sep 20th 2008 edited

redacted

Sep 20th 2008

Redacted? That's no fun...

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7