Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.02 Business Ethics
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 284
Oct 2nd 2008
  • Season 5 : Episode 2
  • First aired on October 9, 2008

Summary courtesy of NBC:

LET’S GET ETHICAL-- OSCAR NOMINEE AMY RYAN (“GONE BABY GONE”) GUEST STARS— Following Ryan's (B.J. Novak) recent scandal at corporate, Holly (guest star Amy Ryan) must hold a business ethics seminar. The meeting gets out of control when Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) lets everyone speak freely about their unethical behavior at work. Meanwhile, Jim (John Krasinski) makes Dwight (Rainn Wilson) comply with the company's "time theft" policy. Jenna Fischer, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez and Creed Bratton also star.

Oct 2nd 2008

Nice. I'm excited for Jim's prank. And Ryan's embarrassment at prompting a seminar.

Oct 2nd 2008

And Ryan's embarrassment at prompting a seminar.

Oh yes, this will be fun.

Oct 2nd 2008

This has a lot of potential. But I say that pretty much every week.

I am quite curious to see how they handle the Pam in NY situation. When Jim went to Stamford people got tired of the back-and-forth between locations and the missed interaction with the Scrantonites. Will this be different?

Oct 2nd 2008

Everytime I see this thread light up, I think of a certain song.

Oct 2nd 2008

There was a lot I didn't like about Season 3, but the back and forth never bothered me. It was interesting to see a familiar face in a different locale. I thought it mixed things up nicely, even if it went on too long. But yeah, there'll probably be less patience a second time around, though this time it wouldn't have the dark cloud of the PLOD hanging over everything.

Oct 2nd 2008

Me toooooooo.

Oct 2nd 2008

I didn't mind the back and forth either. But they could only sustain the Jim in Stamford storyline for so long. On the same line they'll only keep Pam in New York for so long but for how long remains to be seen, Jim was in Stamford for eight episodes. They'll bring Pam back because her absence alters the dynamic of the office. But I'm interested in the Pam in art school storyline.

Oct 2nd 2008

Don't get me wrong, I'm very very happy Pam is in art school and trying for her dream career. I'm just nervous that could result in less Beesly, which is simply unacceptable.

Oct 2nd 2008

Everytime I see this thread light up, I think of a certain song.

This title makes me think Academic Decathlon, and how my wife is a dirty, dirty tramp.

Oct 3rd 2008

Didn't Weight Loss already burn through most of the summer, and, so, most of Pam's time at Pratt? If they go back to Real Time she should be heading back to Scranton very soon.

Poor girl.

Oct 3rd 2008

This title makes me think Academic Decathlon, and how my wife is a dirty, dirty tramp.

I'm glad someone said it.

Oct 3rd 2008

More than that, Weight Loss started in the first week of June and ended(the tag with Toby) in August. So Pam has a few more weeks in New York. That's barring she doesn't get an internship. Either way, she's going to be in New York for a while.

Oct 3rd 2008

Knibb High football rules!

Oct 3rd 2008

Knibb High football rules!

OK, what the hell is this from?

Oct 3rd 2008

Billy Madison, right?

Oct 3rd 2008

If it was "San Dimas football rules!" it'd be from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, I think.

Oct 4th 2008

This episode airs on my birthday, so I got something to look forward to in my VCR after I get home from work that night.

Oct 4th 2008

That rocks T-HPJ!

Oct 9th 2008

Bump.

Also, freakin' finally! Doesn't it seem like forever since the last episode?

I wonder who wrote this one?

Oct 9th 2008

Yes, AMJ, finally! Weight Loss started S5 on a high note, that I don't think or expect the season to keep up with, but I do have pretty high expectations anyway, by virtue of being a hardcore fan of the greatest show on television.

Oct 9th 2008

Hell yeah!

Oct 9th 2008

So does anyone know if there's anything good on TV tonight?

Oct 9th 2008 edited

Survivor! Aren't we all at the edge of our seats wondering who will be voted out next? I hope it's not Dan because he's cute. Am I right people? heeheehee

Oct 9th 2008

Isn't there an episode of Jerry Springer on or something? Well, if not there's always FOXNEWS.

Oct 9th 2008

Hey guys, I'm visiting my friends in NC, and they have DSL, but not TV. Is there a way that we can watch the episode tonight live on the internet? Any help appreciated!!!

Oct 9th 2008

(taps Dad on shoulder) Daaaaaad, is it on yet? How 'bout now? What about now? How about now? Is it on now? Maybe now?

(BC, unfortunately, I don't know of anywhere that would stream it. I'm sorry!)

Oct 9th 2008

What's the matter, Anque? Are you not enjoying Kath and Kim? I've registerd 1.5 laughs in the first 15 minutes.

Oct 9th 2008

Who has DSL but no TV? Sorry, BouncyCastle. I don't know either.

All 3 kids are in bed and I have 15+ minutes to drink a margarita and BS online before the show starts! Yay!

Wow, I couldn't even hit "Add your comments" before one of them got up and is now laying on the couch. Oh well. I'm still having fun.

Oct 9th 2008 edited

Are you not enjoying Kath and Kim? I've registerd 1.5 laughs in the first 15 minutes.

Blah.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 284