Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
A Woman Looks Best When She's Absolutely Naked: the Bajingo Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...
  13. 19
  14. >
211 to 240 of 549
Nov 23rd 2008

Hug it out, bitch.

I have the page of the Office daily calendar with this quote hanging on my office wall at my new job. Do you think it's too soon for me to putting something like that up?

Nov 23rd 2008

I'm a terrible judge of those kinds of things. IPersonally I might wait it out (bitch), but it depends on how comfortable you feel in your present work environment, and secondly and perhaps most importantly, it will only be worth it if other people get the joke. Do you work in an environment where that kind of humour would be accepted or scorned? If you post it, will your co-workers think you're being all high class and richie? These are the questions you must struggle with on your own.

Nov 23rd 2008

I would hang the calendar, and cut a strip of a top of a post-it note, and stick it over the "Bitch" part. Anyone who's cool doesn't need to see the word to understand the reference (be it by way of Entourage or The Office) and it's covered so if it is someone who isn't cool, then they won't even see the word to get offended by.

Nov 23rd 2008

You could just keep it in your desk drawer and giggle to yourself about it every once in awhile.

Nov 23rd 2008

I'm the only girl on my floor so I would hope none of the guys get offended by that. It's not just the "hug it out bitch", it's the whole quote, "Hug it out, bitch. That is what men say to each other, after a fight. Not a good idea to say that to a woman however. I have found. It doesn't translate." Most of the guys on my floor watch the show and a couple guys are big fans but I might take it down in case someone else comes to my office for whatever reason. I do like asd's idea, though.

Nov 24th 2008

Not sure why this photo belongs in this thread. Whatevs.

FYI, I like mine medium.

Nov 24th 2008

You look very surprised in that photo, and why are you weak? What does the rest of your shirt say?

Also, I like mine medium well, or medium.

Nov 24th 2008

Anything over medium rare is a disgrace!

Nov 24th 2008

Okay, Dad. Excuse me for liking my meat without the germs still alive in it, okay? Sheesh. Next thing I know, you'll be telling me it's a disgrace to have sugar and cream with my coffee. It is not wasting it. I drink it.

Nov 24th 2008

Next thing I know, you'll be telling me it's a disgrace to have sugar and cream with my coffee.

Disgraceful! And racist! How dare you not like black coffee!

Nov 24th 2008

Word!

Please pass the steak tartare.

Nov 24th 2008

Well, I've never had a sip of coffee in my life, so I don't really care what you do with your exploited coffee beans!

Nov 24th 2008

Okay, Dad. Excuse me for liking my meat without the germs still alive
in it, okay? Sheesh. Next thing I know, you'll be telling me it's a disgrace
to have sugar and cream with my coffee. It is not wasting it. I drink it.

Being concerned with how other people eat their food is a major control issue.
I mean, I don't care for liver but if someone else adores it, I say- enjoy!
Less for me! I do on the other hand like pot roast- millions of people do.
That doesn't make me right and if someone else isn't fond of pot roast, it doesn't
make them wrong. It's called individual taste- a key element separating humans
from cattle- an important ingredient in both liver and pot roast.

To all those who say, "How can you eat that?" or "Well, you just don't know
what's good!"
, my reply will always be the same: Opinions are like assholes,
everyone has one and the less I know about yours the better.

Nov 24th 2008

I don't see why knowing less of other people's opinions is better. This forum wouldn't exist with everyone abiding by that.

Nov 24th 2008 edited

Well, that'll cut down on the chit-chat here.

Or, what ctf said.

Nov 24th 2008

I would like to state, officially, that I was not angry with anyone in any way when I posted earlier. I was playfully joking. I don't care if you slice the cow up right there on the table. To each his own.

(slaps everyone on the butt)

Also, boobs.

Nov 24th 2008
  1. I like medium rare.
  2. I too have never tasted coffee in my life and don't plan to start.
Nov 24th 2008 edited

I don't see why knowing less of other people's opinions is better. This forum
wouldn't exist with everyone abiding by that.

Good point, fair enough. As long as no one else's opinion is called a disgrace.
If that term wasn't used towards Anque, I apologize. I must have read
it wrong.

P.S. The raw data shows that the world is filled with pretentious undercooked
meat aficionados. Why do you think God invented E. coli? The rest of us rabble
can all take comfort in the fact that they will all be served... well-done.

Just my opinion. Pass the mushrooms, please.

eta: bazooms

Nov 24th 2008 edited

Confusion is caused by the word "opinion", which is used to refer to two very different types of intellectual reality:

1. Statements about personal preference. It is pointless, if not rude, to argue about these.

2. Statements about Reality. In this case, "personal opinions" are only as valid or as valuable as their conformity to Reality.

Or, to quote a cartoon I saw recently, "Opinions are supposed to be the result of knowledge and reflection - not a substitute for them."

Nov 24th 2008

The failure of most Americans to make that distinction is one of the things that drives me craziest in this world. Just because you have a right to you opinion doesn't mean it's anything related to the truth.

Nov 24th 2008

There's another quote which is a favorite of mine, from the late Sen. Daniel P. Moynihan: "Everyone has a right to his own opinion. No one has a right to his own facts."

Nov 24th 2008

It is pointless, if not rude, to argue about these.

If, indeed, we were acting under the first definition, who was arguing? I thought we were just expressing our statements about personal preference.

Nov 24th 2008

Yeah, but everyone who prefers well-done meat is factually wrong, so there!!!

Nov 24th 2008

No one said they prefered well-done meat. Do you read anyone else's posts?

Nov 24th 2008 edited

Dawsome just pulled a VG! :-)

Or did I?

Nov 24th 2008

I went to a fancy restaurant last summer and they bragged about having these 1400 degree ovens that put this char on the outside of their steaks. Supposedly it was very high end...and the prices were very high, so I believe it. But I hated it. It felt like I was eating charcoal. I hate it when you spend a lot of money for something and you would have enjoyed McDonald's more.

Nov 24th 2008

I hereby opine the following: Steak is the most overrated food. Beef that doesn't come in the form of meatballs or Big Macs is not worthwhile. Veal is the exception, and it is the perfect food.

Nov 24th 2008

Dawsome just pulled a VG!

No, I got the good-natured tenor of the comment. I just wanted to point out
the fact of the matter. That being said, VG rocks.

Nov 24th 2008

Dawsome just pulled a VG!

But will VG return the favor and pull Dawsome?

Nov 24th 2008

I thought we were just expressing our statements about personal preference.

Barry: Bullshit!
Rob: How can it be bullshit to state a preference?
Barry: Oh, I'm sorry. Since when did this store become a fascist regime?
Rob: Since you brought that bullshit tape in.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. ...