Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.03 Baby Shower
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >
1 to 30 of 366
Oct 12th 2008
  • Season 5 : Episode 3
  • First aired on October 16, 2008

Summary courtesy of NBC:

THERE'S A BUN IN THE OVEN-- OSCAR NOMINEE AMY RYAN ("GONE BABY GONE") GUEST STARS- Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) practices for the birth of Jan's (Melora Hardin) baby by having Dwight (Rainn Wilson) go over possible birthing scenarios. Meanwhile, Michael tells Holly (guest star Amy Ryan) that he will pretend to dislike her for Jan's benefit. John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton and Craig Robinson also star.

Oct 12th 2008

I can't wait for Dwight's birthing techniques.

I can, however, wait for Jan.

Oct 13th 2008

All that stuff I posted about how Business Ethics got back to the show's roots? I have a feeling I won't be posting similar sentiments after this episode.

Oct 13th 2008

I'm excited for this episode. I want some PPC dramz to go down between Angerella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay and Phyllis Vance.

Oct 13th 2008

Meanwhile, Michael tells Holly (guest star Amy Ryan) that he will pretend to dislike her for Jan's benefit.

I will pretend to like this idea for the show's benefit.

Oct 13th 2008

I don't know what I'm more excited for, this episode or the next installment of SNL Weekend Update Thursday. Baby-centered hijinks or another debate parody that feels longer than the actual debate. Hmmm.

Meanwhile, Michael tells Holly (guest star Amy Ryan) that he will pretend to dislike her for Jan's benefit.

Oh, well that clinches it.

Oct 13th 2008

I'm excited for this episode. I want some PPC dramz to go down between Angerella-ella-ella-ay-ay-ay and Phyllis Vance.

I'm with you on this one, hhhermana.

Oct 13th 2008

I wish they had just written Jan off the show back when I thought they had written Jan off the show. She's such a waste of time.

Oct 14th 2008

Yep. Sorry, Melora, but I want to set Jan's character on fire. She's the only character I find genuinely annoying. The only one.

Oct 14th 2008 edited

Ditto. I'm sure Melora's a wonderful gal, but Jan is just too much. I wonder if she would ever get with Ryan. I think they might make a good power couple. Like Aston and Demi except bitchy.

Oct 14th 2008

I get the feeling there's some bitchitude in the Moore-Kutcher household.

Oct 14th 2008

Yeah, Ashton looks like he'd be catty.

Oct 14th 2008 edited

Yeah, you know how bitchy those Iowans can be.

Oct 15th 2008

Yeah, you know how bitchy those Iowans can be.

<confirmation by denial>

Gawd! We Iowans are NOT bitchy! You're just saying that because you don't know what it's like! I mean, gawd! How would you like it if in the fall you were using your air conditioner during the day and your heater at night! And geez! Have you ever BEEN to Sioux City? It's a hell hole! GAWD!

</confirmation by denial>

Oct 15th 2008

John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Ed Helms, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton and Craig Robinson also star.

Yay!

Oct 15th 2008

I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

Oct 15th 2008

Me either. All the series regulars are listed in the episode summaries, whether they are appearing or not.

Oct 16th 2008

Is there any known reason why Ms. Fischer would not be in the episode? Yeah, I know you guys were all Iowa-ey (translation- whiney) about her not being in one episode, and I fear for you should she be only moderately featured in tonights episode, but is there any known reason why she won't be, or is it all just speculation?

Oct 16th 2008

Looking forward to my girl Jan. Yeah, she got thrown under the bus last season, but she's got to recover from this nervous breakdown sometime! Go Jan!

Oct 16th 2008

Welcome Team Jan. And I really mean that because Jan needs some fans around here.

Oct 16th 2008

I think Team Jan and that Karen-lover, ctf, should form a sub-NA support group for each other.

Oct 16th 2008

I would never associate myself with a domestic terrorist group like Team Jan.

Oct 16th 2008

Preliminary observations from Weight Loss would indicate Jan is still as crazy as ever.

Oct 16th 2008

I would never associate myself with a domestic terrorist group like Team Jan.

Hahaha, well played.

Oct 16th 2008

Wow... okay then... I'll leave you to your discussion.

Oct 16th 2008

Oh Team Jan don't mistake their joking for seriousness. We're hardly ever serious here. Well we are sometimes, but for proof we're often not just look at, well, just about every thread except the God and politics thread.

Oct 16th 2008

Yep, we only jest. I was serious when I said we could use some more Jan fans around here.

Oct 16th 2008

I love Jan as a character, but if we're talking about a love interest for Michael, I'll proudly wave my Holly flag.

Oct 16th 2008

I respect someone else's right to like Jan, but . . . I don't like her. At all.

Oct 16th 2008

Countdown...two minutes!

Where is everybody??

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8