Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
We're Totally Going to Bang Her: Holly Flax
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 127
Oct 17th 2008 edited

I just realized we don't have a thread for all things Holly Flax. Let the love commence!

In that vein, I want to say that I love this excerpt from the Flax seeds portion of the DM Newsletter:

Oxymoron is a phrase that combines two contradictory terms. An ox is a dumb and clumsy animal, the morons of the animal kingdom... wouldn't the word be better to pair moron with a clever animal? I think they should change the word to "foxymoron."

(eta: Also, if you guys can think of a better title for this thread, please make it known.)

Oct 17th 2008

A Hollygram she is?

Is Holly our extraterrestrial?

An awesome woman from this planet.

Love at first see with our ears.

Welcome to Scranton. We love you.

We're totally going to bang Holly.

The best thing to happen to this forum since WWII.

I think I like the last one best.

Oct 17th 2008

Hollylieujah!

Oct 17th 2008

I like the last one, too. I think the moment I knew I'd love Holly forever was when she pretended to freeze while taking a sip of her soda in Goodbye, Toby.

Oct 17th 2008

Oh guess what! This afternoon my students are going to watch Gone Baby Gone. One of the EA's brought it in. I'm excited to watch Amy Ryan.

Oct 17th 2008

I have a girl crush on her. She rocks my socks.

Oct 17th 2008

I think I like the last one best.

As do I. Although I love:

We're totally going to bang Holly

Oct 17th 2008

You won't have a crush on her character in that.

Oct 17th 2008

It's a great movie, and wow, she really makes you dislike her character.

Oct 17th 2008

Although I love:

We're totally going to bang Holly

This was my first choice.

Oct 29th 2008

So, I still haven't seen last week's episode. Is there anything in it that gives us some hope that Holly will stick around?

Oct 29th 2008

Do you really want to know? You may not like the answer.

Oct 29th 2008

Negative.

Oct 29th 2008

(weeps for her little thread that could've)

Oct 29th 2008

Sorry, Anque.

Thoughts on Holly:
1. She has a butt that refuses to quit.
2. She likes Counting Crows, which is a rather random band to actually like, it seems. (And I'm prepared for a shunning, but I believes what I believes).
3. I think it's neat that Lonesome Dove is her favorite book, or at least that she's read it several times.
4. She's so good as Holly that I don't think about The Wire.

Oct 29th 2008

She likes Counting Crows, which is a rather random band to actually like, it seems. (And I'm prepared for a shunning, but I believes what I believes).

You mean you're not a fan of all their song.

I think about Gone Baby Gone a lot but only because of the contrast.

Oct 29th 2008

I cried for about a second when I realized Holly wasn't going to stay on the show...thinking about it makes me want to cry again.

I gotta man up....lol

She's a great edition to the show, and I hope she comes back before the season is over. Michael's my boy, and I don't wanna see him all sad.

Oct 29th 2008

You mean you're not a fan of all their song.

Ah ha ha ha. I like them for nostalgic reasons. Plus, I wouldn't know of any cities in Nebraska if it weren't for them.

Michael's my boy, and I don't wanna see him all sad.

Word.

1. She's so good as Holly that I don't think about The Wire.

Double word.

Oct 29th 2008

She's so good as Holly that I don't think about The Wire.

This is exactly what Tiger and I were talking about the other day. Especially how we hated her character in Gone, Baby, Gone and you don't see any of that in how she plays Holly. So, yeah...she's good.

Oct 30th 2008

Amy Ryan is VERY good. I'm actually working on a Michael/Holly music video for youtube.

I don't know why, but I've enjoyed watching Holly and Michael's interactions far more than Jim and Pam's...everyone throw bricks at me now

Oct 30th 2008

Be sure to share the video link here, BMF. Or should I say, Beer us that link.

Also, I agree.

Oct 30th 2008

Will do...It'll probably be done by Sunday at the latest. I want to get clips from all of the episodes Holly's been in.

Oct 31st 2008

Michael and Holly vid!

I couldn't sleep at all last night, so I just decided to finish the video...lol.

Leave comments, please!

Oct 31st 2008

Thanks for sharing, Beer Me Five. I really hope Michael doesn't get back with Jan.

Oct 31st 2008

I really hope Holly comes back...lol

Oct 31st 2008

How cool would it be for Holly to make a surprise appearance later in the season, maybe at some kind of company-wide outing?

Oct 31st 2008

Watching BMFive's video made me realize in that scene from Baby Shower that Holly is totally mirroring Jim Halpert from S1-2. IT's the scene where Holly is trying to make jokes with Jan, and failing miserably. It's just like Jim was around Roy. Awkward, uncomfortable. You guys already probably figured that out months ago, but that's okay.

Oct 31st 2008

I didn't figure it out. I shall now ponder it, though. I wanted to slam Jan's face in a Foreman grill after that scene, so I assumed it was a call-back to The Injury.

Nov 1st 2008

I don't know why, but I've enjoyed watching Holly and Michael's interactions far more than Jim and Pam's...everyone throw bricks at me now

Well, it's hard to compare when Jim and Pam have barely had any interactions, thanks to her overly-long hiatus from Scranton...so, no need for bricks. Yet.

Nov 1st 2008

You guys already probably figured that out months ago, but that's okay.

I figured that out years ago.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 127
Top of PageBack to discussions