Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
VOTE Here - because once is not enough (TWSS)
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 175
Oct 20th 2008

Welcome to the first Northern Attack Poll (not to be confused with that other poll even further north.) Nobody likes the one-man-one-vote law (in general I think my votes should be worth at least 3) so here's your opportunity to do it twice. Satisfying, yes? Cast your vote for President/VP at dmpaperco@gmail.com by Friday, October 24. The results will be tabulated and posted, and we will compare these results with those on election day. As on actual ballots, write-in candidates are allowed, but please only take this route if that is your plan in the actual election. (Though I think we'd all agree that Pam Beesly could be a real boost to a David Wallace campaign.) Privacy will be maintained, if that is a concern. For example:mtt – no worries about it getting out who you favor.

One vote per verified NA email address, please.

Cast your vote!

Oct 20th 2008

Awesome, gt! I am sure of who I am voting for and have sent my email.

Oct 20th 2008 edited

Cool. Votes are streaming in. And unless you list it (and you're not, like, the famous Milton Shmiggledork or something) no way of telling who you are, screen name-wise. Which does not serve to satisfy my curiosity one bit, but that's ok.

Oct 20th 2008

Er...what if you're not American?

Oct 20th 2008

Er...what if you're not American?

You can still vote for "sexiest NAer".

Oct 20th 2008

Hello Jinx. Just suffering being in Britain is all. Quite a lot of us over here are watching what's going on over there and feeling like....

....you know when you know the best way to get a job done is to do it yourself, but for whatever reason you are forced to delegate it to someone else?

Oct 20th 2008

Sorry gt, but I had to edit my full name out of there. I nearly had my identity stolen once by evil pygmie pirates -- sailing under the banner of the Dread Pirate Shmiggledork -- so now I'm pretty cautious.

Oct 20th 2008 edited

Hmm... thanks for asking, Memory loss drug. Let's add a separate category for non-US citizens. If you have a preference and were made a citizen by Nov. 4, how would you vote? Please add in your email that you are a foreigner... um... interested observer from outside the US.

Oct 20th 2008

Hmm... thanks for asking, Memory loss drug. Let's add a separate category for non-US citizens. If you have a preference and were made a citizen by Nov. 4, how would you vote? Please add in your email that you are a foreigner... um... interested observer from outside the US.

Great! Done!

Oct 20th 2008

Sorry gt, but I had to edit my full name out of there.

Mods and their magical post-altering powers... I sometimes regret not stepping up to the plate. Sorry about the pirates, Brian. I mean Milton.

Oct 20th 2008 edited

I think Nader's going to win this one.

Also, we can do early voting next week, and there's a place about two minutes from my office. I'm excited to go ahead and vote, even though it is neat to vote on the day with everyone else.

Oct 20th 2008

And unless you list it (and you're not, like, the famous Milton Shmiggledork or something) no way of telling who you are, screen name-wise.

Yeah, it was me. Sorry about that, gt.

We can do early voting here, too, but I don't want to miss the excitement of the actual day. We're even coming home from a mini-vacation a day early in order to vote on the 4th, rather than do absentee. Crazy, huh?

Oct 20th 2008

We vote by mail. It robs the day of excitement, but it means that we habitually have the highest turnout in the country.

There's not usually much excitement in our elections, anyway.

Oct 20th 2008

mtt, what link did you try to open? I don't see a link on the thread. Here's how to vote:

Cast your vote for President/VP at dmpaperco@gmail.com by Friday, October 24 through your yahoo email account.

Oct 21st 2008

We vote by mail. It robs the day of excitement, but it means that we habitually have the highest turnout in the country.

I GOT MY BALLOT YESTERDAY!!! WAHOO!!!!

Oct 21st 2008

I'm just curious, why are people here voting in advance if you don't have to?

I like voting. It's a nice, simple routine that makes me feel like I'm taking an active part in the process, and I guess you could get that from completing a mail-in ballot. But going to the firehouse a mile and a half from home and pulling a few levers is about as convenient as can be. If I could vote early (and I'm only half-sure I can't), I don't think I would. It almost seems like choosing to do paperwork over choosing to run an errand.

Oct 21st 2008

It's a nice, simple routine that makes me feel like I'm taking an active part in the process, and I guess you could get that from completing a mail-in ballot.

Which I did.

Oct 21st 2008

If I wait until election day I am going to get stuck in an hour long line after work. I'd rather take a half hour on the weekend to run in and get it over with.

Oct 21st 2008 edited

Mailing in your ballot is good for the following reasons:

1. You can take your sweet-ass time filling it out
  2. You can fill it out on the couch, while football is on TV
  3. You don't have to spend time driving to a polling place
  4. And then spending more time standing in line for your turn to vote
  5. You can vote early and do whatever you want on Nov 4
Oct 21st 2008

If I wait until election day I am going to get stuck in an hour long line after work.

Me too.

Also, who else is voting for Alan Keyes?

Oct 21st 2008

I felt like I was able to do a better job voting on the local Amendments and Referendums and Whatnots by mail because I could take more time to read them and make an informed decision. I had a supplement from the newspaper that presented both sides of each that I could read while voting.

Oct 21st 2008

Also, who else is voting for Alan Keyes?

Sarah Palin?

Oct 21st 2008

You can fill it out on the couch, while football is on TV

Effing Americans.

So every four years you get a convenient alternative to what I guess are some pain-in-the-ass voting situations. Does that make you less likely to vote in off-year and school elections? Because it occurs to me that mail-in ballots are only available 1/8 of the time.

Oct 21st 2008 edited

No, we get mail-in ballots every year.

I felt like I was able to do a better job voting on the local Amendments and Referendums and Whatnots by mail because I could take more time to read them and make an informed decision. I had a supplement from the newspaper that presented both sides of each that I could read while voting.

Yep, we have two decent-sized booklets with information about the candidates and all the measures on the ballots for our reference while we vote.

Oct 21st 2008

So every four years you get a convenient alternative to what I guess are some pain-in-the-ass voting situations. Does that make you less likely to vote in off-year and school elections?

No, we have early voting for every election. For local primaries or just state elections I usually vote on election day. For Presidential elections I vote early. We don't get mail-in ballots here though. You have to actually get off the couch and drive down to the town hall and vote. I have missed one election (a local primary) in 30 years of voting.

Oct 21st 2008

I've missed one in 20 years. We still vote on lever machines that are pretty antiquated but look like cutting edge technology compared to butterfly ballots and such. Mostly though it seems New York is painfully fearful of change. They finally put local election and voter information online for the area where I live. I can't imagine early or mail-in voting or electronic machines coming here until the federal government forces it to happen. But like I said, my personal voting experience hasn't been such that I see the need.

Oct 21st 2008 edited

we have two decent-sized booklets with information about the candidates and all the measures on the ballots for our reference while we vote.

I would love a impartial booklet like this. Love it.

Oct 21st 2008

They are pretty sweet. And recyclable. That's how Oregon rolls.

Oct 21st 2008

Stupid hippies.

Oct 21st 2008

Me too. I read through all the California propositions and thought I had made up my mind, but I keep reading conflicting arguments that make sense, and now I don't know what to do. Anybody in California who would like to share their opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 175
Top of PageBack to discussions