Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Stir the melting pot : Introductions
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33
  12. ...
  13. 122
  14. >
871 to 900 of 3655
Dec 6th 2007

Voldemort U.?

I so need to make a t-shirt of that.

Dec 6th 2007

C'mon, guys. C...O...Cor...it's ok, we're talking code.

Nebraska Cornhuskers?

Dec 6th 2007

Dang, all the good one-liners are already taken. Ah well, good to have you aboard Andy the Tuna.

Dec 6th 2007

Welcome Andy and the Tuna. You'll get along well here as long as you can sing in a sexy high falsetto voice.

Dec 6th 2007

And play the banjo. That's also important.

Dec 6th 2007

...and play the banjo. And like smoking baccanudo's. And can somehow manage to place either "in your butt" or "nards" or "boobs" into every comment you post.

Dec 6th 2007

And make fun of Canadians.

Dec 6th 2007

False. That is not okay.

Dec 6th 2007 edited

as long as you can sing in a sexy high falsetto voice.

If a girl does this, is it sexy, or just irritating?

Welcome, Andy and The Tuna. You'll be known as AaTT around here in no time flat. Whether you want to be or not.

Dec 6th 2007

And make fun of Canadians

Perhaps the best advice anyone will ever give or receive.

Dec 6th 2007 edited

Welcome, Andy and The Tuna. You'll be known as AaTT around here in no time flat. Whether you want to be or not.

Can we actually shorten it to AT? Welcome, AT, here's some nifty gifties.

Edit: forgot to actually post the link

Dec 6th 2007

I was going to shorten it to ATT. But custom and usage will guide us.

Dec 6th 2007

The AT? The Tuna?

And welcome, by the way. :)

Dec 6th 2007

Like that AatT. Seems like a solid fellow, right? Likes me a lot. A LOT. Too much. Like a crazy person, a little.

Welcome, Mr and the Tuna.

Dec 6th 2007

It was my first day on the boards and I used the word 'at'. All of a sudden they just started calling me 'AatT. I don't think anyone around here even knows my real screen name. Actually, I'm sure I'll fit in well (not in a well) here. I plan to use name repetition, personality mirroring and never break off a handshake.

Dec 6th 2007

Let's all beer AatT a hand for his plan.

Dec 6th 2007

Hey, does anyone know who punched a hole in the Tirade thread?

Dec 6th 2007

I don't know, but I'm sure it was just an overreaction.

Dec 6th 2007

I think we broke his brain.

Dec 6th 2007

You think it'd be better if we just called him Drew now? Or should we wait until he's back from Anger Management training?

Dec 6th 2007

So long as it's perfectly clear when we are mocking him, it probably doesn't make a difference. AatT will appreciate our honesty.

Dec 6th 2007

Wait. So are you mocking me now?

Dec 6th 2007 edited

As I alluded to before, I do believe he is a she. And I am not mocking you, A&TT. You're my favorite long distance carrier.

Dec 8th 2007 edited

So, it was a Tuesday night, a month or so ago, and I was just chillin’ at home – very uninterested in anything in the TV guide. Then I saw that TBS was showing a rerun of ‘The Office’ in, like, 5 minutes. I had heard of the show before, of course. I knew it had lots of positive buzz, and even knew that it featured a charming romance-arc between this really nice couple named…something-or-other. But I’ve been too busy to commit myself to any new TV shows for years, now, and I’m tied up almost every Thursday. So I had never seen it. But I figured, what the hell.

The episode was ‘Booze Cruise’. And I was blown away. The characters were real - even the over-the-top ones. The writing rocked (I love great writing). No annoying studio audience or even more annoying laugh track, telling me when something was funny. No cheesy use of pop-songs to tell me what I was supposed to be feeling during the Big Scenes. This was a show that trusted its writers and actors to communicate the message, and trusted its audience to get it. But it was mostly the acting that got me. I had never seen a TV sit-com where the actors were able to communicate so many complicated feelings without saying a word.

Also, it goes without saying, by the end of the hour I was totally in love with Pam. :-)

So now I had a lot of catching up to do. The next day I started checking out websites looking for synopses, quote-pages and online video clips, to try to figure out what I had missed. Pretty soon it was obvious that they were not going to be enough. So I said, “Screw waiting for Christmas. I’m buying the boxed sets now!” And ever since I’ve been pouring over them like a Talmudic scholar, searching out every hidden meaning in every scene.

I’m such a geek.

Anyway, I live in Iowa. I teach part time at a liberal arts college and am about to start a new job as a Project Editor at a small publishing company (so if any of you are aspiring authors, let me know). And I’m looking forward to spending some quality time here at the Water Cooler, discussing the show and praying to whatever gods are handy for a quick end to the strike.

Type to you later,

John AKA ‘more than that’

Dec 8th 2007

Welcome, more than that. Your second paragraph was a wonderful summation of what makes this show so great. And you will find a lot of people here who agree with your third paragraph. I may be one of them.

Dec 8th 2007

about to start a new job as a Project Editor at a small publishing company (so if any of you are aspiring authors, let me know).

Weelll... I am a freelance editor in educational publishing, and used to have a regular editing/acquisitions editing job at a small company that no longer exists (but not because of me). And welcome, Honorary Talmudic Scholar.

The two sentences above are in no way related to each other. I would have welcomed you no matter what your employment.

Dec 8th 2007

And ever since I’ve been pouring over them like a Talmudic scholar, searching out every hidden meaning in every scene.

That's poetry right there.

Anyway, I live in Iowa. I teach part time at a liberal arts college and am about to start a new job as a Project Editor at a small publishing company (so if any of you are aspiring authors, let me know).

I don't just want to be your fellow Watercooler poster. I want to be more than that.

Dec 8th 2007

Welcome, and let me be the first to shorten your name to mtt.

Dec 8th 2007

Welcome!

Dec 8th 2007 edited

What a friendly place! Cool!

AlphaMaleJackhammer Come over to our side! Join the club! Save the Receptionist!!

KarenX Really? Then I may be calling for help when my training starts after the New Year. I've actually never worked in publishing before (except for some proofreading and copyediting as a grad school TA, and helping hundreds of semi-literate students write their termpapers).

griefbone Welllll...okay. I just hope nobody automatically supplies an "i" to my abbreviated handle and thinks I'm a Mormon running for president! (I wonder if Romney likes 'The Office'? If so, he probably prefers Dwangela to PB&J!)

Brian Thanks for the "poetry" remark. I appreciate that. But...uhm...I did make it clear that I'm a guy, right? :-D

Anque Thanks!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 26
  5. 27
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. 31
  10. 32
  11. 33