Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
[Closed] The Angela-Pam Dynamic
1 to 8 of 8
Oct 23rd 2008 edited

The office romances of Angela (Dwight, Andy) and Pam (Roy, Jim) have occupied the majority of of their screen time and parts in the scripts, so people sometimes forget the little almost-friendship Pam and Angela had. The catty, politely malicious confrontations Angela has with Phyllis have been shown, but remember the little moment Pam and Angela shared when Pam politely declined Angela's cat-party invitation? It was as if Angela could really like Pam (despite once calling her the "office mattress") and could really be her friend. But the way her face fell, the instant change from warm and welcoming to cold and forbidding, was priceless. Their interactions became less and less frequent over time, but I always wished they would explore the tensions and friction between Pam and Angela more.

As much as I love the ups and downs of the romances, I also enjoy the same-sex interactions, which are usually split between the Jim-Dwight rivalry (and in recent episodes, the Andy-Dwight rivalry), the Michael-Jim advice sessions, or the classic Michael-Dwight master-slave relationship. But I really enjoy the female-female moments, which are more few. In any case, Pam and Angela should lock claws more often. It would get ugly.

(As a male counterpart, I'd also like to see more of Ryan and Stanley together. Great team, albeit frightening and possibly life-threatening for Ryan.)

Oct 23rd 2008

I also enjoy the same-sex interactions

I know everyone expects me to jump in, here, but I'm not going to.

Oct 23rd 2008

Question: who's the new person?

Oct 23rd 2008

I also enjoy the same-sex interactions

Do we need a new thread for this?

Oct 23rd 2008 edited

redacted - misunderstood the thread sitch

Oct 23rd 2008

Everyone needs encouragement, just like everyone has a hero inside their heart.

Oct 23rd 2008

Bump.

Oct 23rd 2008

Dude, why are you bumping this?

1 to 8 of 8
Top of PageBack to discussions