Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Southern Attack: In which is discussed the Land Down Under
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 226
Oct 26th 2008

I don't really have anything specific. I just figured, we have a Canada thread, we might as well have a thread for the country often referred to by experts as "the other Canada".

Oct 26th 2008

Mexico?

Oct 26th 2008

Guyana.

Oct 26th 2008

Australian Sports Update:

Lacklust"re" Kiwis Gift Easy Win to Australia: Sport appears to be rugby, or Australian Rules Football, or also possibly Homoerotic Egg-shaped Ball Tag.

Tigers too slick for Crocs: Sport unclear, but scores come in large & unusual numbers (110-97, in this instance). Possibly basketball.

Adelaide man in red outfit jumps extremely high: I think they're playing soccer, but the best part is the picture.

Australian PM XI to Play New Zealand: Sport is either fake baseball or competitive alphabet soup.

Oct 27th 2008

An Australian thread? What's next, honestly!? At least people care about Canada. Or care enough to make jokes about it. Half the people on this forum (by virtue of their American-ness) couldn't even point out Australia on a map.

A significantly higher percentage of Americans can point out Canada on a map, if only because they know it's around Alaska, and make a good guess.

Oct 27th 2008

An Australian

Where's her butt? She's got no booty! She does have nice boobs, however.

How has Mixed Berries not made an appearance here yet?

Kangaroos and boomerangs.

Oct 27th 2008

Tigers too slick for Crocs: Sport unclear, but scores come in large & unusual numbers (110-97, in this instance). Possibly basketball.

I read that story with the assumption it was a sport pitting actual crocodiles against actual tigers. How great would that be? I'm not sure how you'd score it, though.

Where's her butt? She's got no booty! She does have nice boobs, however.

It looks like her butt's on her chest.

Oct 27th 2008

Kangaroos and boomerangs.

Cassowary
Quokka
Bilby
Yabby
Kowari
Rottnest Island

Oct 27th 2008

Crikey, my very own thread! Well... Sorta.

Lacklust"re" Kiwis Gift Easy Win to Australia

Rugby Leauge. Different to Rugby, which is also known as Rugby Union.

Possibly basketball.

Correct

Sport is either fake baseball

That fake baseball was around for hundreds of years before your fake cricket.

An Australian

I don't know who that is, but I agree with ST. Where is her butt?

Oct 27th 2008

Different to Rugby, which is also known as Rugby Union.

How is it related to Aussie Rules?

Oct 27th 2008

Also, everybody knows that cricket was reverse-engineered from baseball.

Oct 27th 2008

From the little I watched on Fox Sports World, when that existed, I think AFL is more related to Gaelic football than Rugby.

Oct 27th 2008

Gaelic football is awesome. I saw some of the Gaelic games when I was in Ireland. I actually preferred curling, in which the main rule appears to be that there are no rules. But Gaelic football was fun.

I haven't seen enough Aussie Rules to be able to tell the difference. I do remember that Aussie Rules involves the referee twirling his fingers like guns when people score. This is all recalled from my childhood, when ESPN was roughly on the level of the Puppy Channel.

Oct 27th 2008 edited

I actually preferred curling, in which the main rule appears to be that there are no rules.

I know you mean hurling, but I think the same applies to curling for realsies.

I do remember that Aussie Rules involves the referee twirling his fingers like guns when people score.

And they have a funny hat.

The biggest difference I know is Gaelic has a round ball, while the Aussies have an oblong ball. They even play each other every now and again.

hugs wiki for allowing me to learn about sports I have no ability to actually watch.

Oct 27th 2008

Yes, hurling.

Curling is the one with the giant hockey puck/possibly rock, right?

Oct 27th 2008

Yeah, I bet Daoust plays it.

Oct 27th 2008

Curling is big where I live, too. The 2006 U.S. Olympic team trained in my town.

Oct 27th 2008

Apart from ball shape, it's not.

the main rule appears to be that there are no rules.

That's a common first impression of Aussie Rules too.

I'm really the wrong guy to be talking sports with. I know/care little about sport.

Oct 27th 2008

You care about beating up Lebanese though, right?!

Oct 27th 2008

I watched the introductory two-hour pregame show for the Aussie Rules championship an Aussie-style pub in Seattle last month. That shit was like the Super Bowl here...all hype and endless interviews/highlight montages, so by the time the game actually starts, you're tired and ready to go home. Which is exactly what we did.

Oct 27th 2008

Question: Are there American-themed pubs in Australia?

Oct 27th 2008

I went to an American themed pub in Dublin. It was called T.G.I. Friday's.

Oct 27th 2008

No Chili's, huh?

Oct 27th 2008

I ate Mexican food in Berlin once. There was peanut sauce.

Oct 27th 2008

You care about beating up Lebanese though, right?!

Not me personally.

Question: Are there American-themed pubs in Australia?

No. And I highly doubt the Australian themed pubs in America are anything like real Australian pubs. There's nothing special about our pubs worth recreating in another country.

Oct 27th 2008 edited

Yeah this place was a dive, MB. And verrrry crowded because of the championship game being televised that night. I did get a tasty meat pie (TWSS) though, so lose-win.

Oct 27th 2008

The only Australian pub that I know anything about was from In a Sunburned Country. It was in the outback, and there were skeletons.

Oct 27th 2008

It was a trick question, by the way. American-themed pubs would be called "bars".

Oct 27th 2008 edited

Gaelic football is awesome.

They play this on Setanta every once in a while. It looks like they're kind of making up a sport as they go, but having a great time of it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 226
Top of PageBack to discussions