Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.06 Customer Survey
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 14
  12. >
1 to 30 of 393
Nov 2nd 2008
  • Season 5 : Episode 6
  • First aired on November 6, 2008

Summary courtesy of NBC:

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT—Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Jim (John Krasinski) are shocked when they get the results of the annual customer survey report. Pam (Jenna Fischer) and Jim decide they want to spend every minute together using their bluetooth phones. Meanwhile, Angela (Angela Kinsey) and Andy (Ed Helms) pick an unusual location for their wedding. Steve Carell, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez and Creed Bratton also star.

Nov 2nd 2008

I've never gotten to be the first post for an episode before.

I'm looking forward to this one.

I guess there's a reason why I don't get to be the first one.

Nov 2nd 2008

I hope this episode is less crowded with plots than recent efforts.

Nov 2nd 2008

I know we've talked about this before, but how long is Pam going to be in New York? Shouldn't that 3 month program be done by now? One more question: is there a new HR person showing up in this episode to go along with the other plot stuff in the above description?

Nov 2nd 2008

I know people were counting weeks and such, but I was never sure that the time between each episode necessarily equaled one week in real time. We know she was still in New York on Oct. 31 because she was dressed as Hitler for Halloween, unless that was an unrelated political statement, in which case the time frame remains nebulose. But assuming we have that date set, is there any other hard date indicated within the show that tells us when she left for New York or was definitely there? If not, they have a lot of leeway for when they bring her back. Unfortunately.

Nov 2nd 2008

The details of Pam's stay in NY have been so sketchy that it is impossible to say when she will return. There are some spoilerish guesses, but they aren't appropriate for here. I'm guessing the lack of HR will go unacknowledged this episode.

Nov 2nd 2008

But assuming we have that date set, is there any other hard date indicated within the show that tells us when she left for New York or was definitely there?

We know she drove off to NY in Weight Loss on or near July 7. I can't see her getting to Pratt more than a week early so her classes could have started July 14. She is now two weeks over the "3 months".

Nov 2nd 2008

They mentioned the date of July 7 in that episode? I don't remember that. Yeah, she's overdue. On a related note, what school has three month programs that run from mid-July to mid-October? Summer programs start in early May anywhere I've seen. Seems random. And it's not like there's an obvious reason why the writers would even want to fudge it.

Like the great Butthead once said, "These guys aren't trying very hard."

Nov 2nd 2008

Like the great Butthead once said, "These guys aren't trying very hard."

This is very true. How hard is it to have some consistency with this stuff?

because she was dressed as Hitler for Halloween, unless that was an unrelated political statement,

That would be a fascinating plot turn.

Nov 2nd 2008

This is very true. How hard is it to have some consistency with this stuff?

My guess is they came up with "3 months in New York" line back in March/April with absolutely no idea what they were going to do with Pam this season and now they are hoping we all forget she ever said it. Fools.

Nov 2nd 2008

Probably DC.

That would be a fascinating plot turn.

Can you imagine the Leni Riefenstahl fanvids?

Nov 2nd 2008

Good points, DC, GB & CGB.

Nov 3rd 2008

it's like jim in stamford all over again

Pam's gonna end up with Karen when she returns? awesome.

Nov 3rd 2008

it's like jim in stamford all over again

Exactly. And that's not a good thing. I don't care if lesbian sex is involved. Which, let's face it, it's probably not. Regardless, it all just smacks of "let's bring them together but not really have them be together because we might run out of ideas and people could get bored with them as a couple so we'll create some artificial drama."

Nov 5th 2008

This really should be on page 1.

Nov 5th 2008

The sad thing about tomorrow: since the connection between my vcr and cable box is screwed up, it's impossible to set shows to tape ahead of time. For the first time all season, I won't be home during the show to watch it on tv and tape it to watch it later. I'm going to have to watch it online sometime Friday. It's not a big deal, but I like watching the episodes for the first time on tv.

Nov 6th 2008

I feel the same way e-star.

Nov 6th 2008

My worlds have collided. A Bronco game and an Office episode on at the same time. Thank goodness for the DVR. Looking forward to the Dwight/Jim interaction.

Nov 6th 2008

Alphamale you're a Bronco fan too? nice! But I will be watching this episode tonight...really curious to see what's gonna go down

Nov 6th 2008

Beer me five, Beer Me Five! I'll watch the game while recording The Office then watch the episode right after the game is over. Our lovely moderator CZJ is also a big Bronco fan.

Nov 6th 2008

Wait - there's an NFL game on TOMORROW? I thought the Thursday games didn't start until after Thanksgiving.

Nov 6th 2008

I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do. I'm not 100% sure the bar where I usually go to watch the game is going to be showing it. I mean, probably, but their sign said they had some other live event going on tonight. Stupid NFL network.

Nov 6th 2008

Did anyone see that Rainn commercial?

Nov 6th 2008

Crap. Cold open already depressed me. Is this show just going to be sad from now on?

Nov 6th 2008

Jam bluetooth: I did not like the premise initially, but it's a good way to give Pam more screen time and to show they're fine.

I'm getting that queasy feeling that sometimes accompanies jokes.

Nov 6th 2008

Awwww, Angela...Oh noooo.

"Dwight get out of my nook." THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!

Nov 6th 2008 edited

Hey, I just saw a Twilight commercial.

Nov 6th 2008

I still hate Ryan.

Nov 6th 2008

"I was raped."

That's dark.

Nov 6th 2008

Who the hell does this guy think he is? If you knew someone for like two months, would you actually give them that type of advice?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 14
  12. >