Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.07 Business Trip
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >
1 to 30 of 336
Nov 8th 2008
  • Season 5 : Episode 7
  • First aired on November 13, 2008

Summary courtesy of NBC:

CANADA BOUND—Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) is ecstatic when David Wallace (Andy Buckley) decides to send him on a business trip to Canada. Andy (Ed Helms) and Oscar (Oscar Nunez) become unlikely friends when Michael decides to bring them along on the trip. Meanwhile, Jim (John Krasinski) is counting down the days until Pam (Jenna Fischer) gets back from art school. Rainn Wilson, B.J. Novak, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith and Creed Bratton also star.

Nov 8th 2008

I wonder how many moose they'll encounter.

Nov 9th 2008

I know a lot of people think there are too many road trips, but this has the potential to be epic. Makes it sound like Pam is coming back but I'll bet it's not that simple.

Nov 9th 2008

Makes it sound like Pam is coming back but I'll bet it's not that simple.

There's a few more yanks on that chain to go.

Nov 9th 2008

I'm actually digging this new Jim and Pam tension. They've gotten boring, and I'm happy to see that there's some tension going on. I don't see the writers breaking them up, because one, a lot of people will probably burn some office building in Utica down in protest. And two, because the writers aren't cliche. There will be some tension, but they'll make it through it.

But this episode should be excellent. Season five hasn't disappointed yet!

Nov 9th 2008 edited

I don't think they've gotten boring, and, frankly, I'd be fine if they were "boring" for a while. To paraphrase Elaine Benes, let them have some "engaged time," where they can just be engaged, or plan the wedding, but I don't think it's necessary to keep chucking obstacles in their way. Focus on some other characters, and let Jim and Pam be for a while.

Also, this episode better be wall-to-wall Canada-bashing.

Nov 9th 2008

let them have some "engaged time," where they can just be engaged

In six episodes we've had them interact on screen together for what 10 minutes tops? Would it be too much to ask to have some tension free screen time sometime?

Nov 9th 2008

They don't have to go any farther than here if they need help.

Nov 9th 2008

Would it be too much to ask to have some tension free screen time sometime?

You mean like Season 4?

Nov 9th 2008

Not a whole season's worth, just 5 minutes.

Nov 9th 2008 edited

I'm actually digging this new Jim and Pam tension...There will be some tension, but they'll make it through it.

My take on it is, I can see some similarities between Pam & Jim's LDR and what we're going through in a LDR relationship. It's definitely not easy and you can feel a little angsty once in awhile (well, I do) related to what's going to happen? and how is this going to work? but, because I don't see those issues becoming problems for us, I don't see their issues becoming insurmountable for them.

I can juggle.

I didn't know this. What other mad skillz are you keeping a secret?

Nov 9th 2008

It would be a great time to bring in Robin and make the episode even more Canadian.

Nov 10th 2008

.My take on it is, I can see some similarities between Pam & Jim's LDR and what we're going through in a LDR relationship.

I read that as "LDS Relationship" and was all kinds of confused.

Nov 12th 2008

I normally don't like episodes that take us out of the office and the whole road trip thing has gotten beyond tiresome. I prefer it when this show stays within the office and delivers us some funny stuffs going on therein.

However, the description sounds promising. Puts on wait and see cap.

Nov 12th 2008 edited

My take on it is, I can see some similarities between Pam & Jim's LDR and what we're going through in a LDR relationship.

I read that as "LDS Relationship" and was all kinds of confused.

What's an LDS relationship? Like a Mormon? Now I'm confused.

Nov 13th 2008

What's an LDS relationship? Like a Mormon? Now I'm confused.

At least it's not an LSD relationship.

Nov 13th 2008

Speaking from experience, an LSD relationship would be more fun.

Nov 13th 2008

I've heard of beer goggles, but I wonder what acid goggles are like?

Nov 13th 2008

I've had a feeling all week that something weird will happen with Jim & Pam tonight. I don't know what exactly, definitely not a breakup, but something unexpected.

Also, if Daoust and the other 17 people in Canada aren't crying from shame and humiliation after this episode, the writers have failed.

Nov 13th 2008

Speaking from experience, an LSD relationship would be more fu

I've never had an LDS relationship, so I can't judge on that one.

Nov 13th 2008

I've had a feeling all week that something weird will happen with Jim & Pam tonight. I don't know what exactly, definitely not a breakup, but something unexpected.

Me too, and it's just a feeling, it's not based on any spoilers.

Nov 13th 2008

I've had that feeling myself, but I can't come up with anything that wouldn't make me wonder what the heck were the writers thinking.

Nov 13th 2008

Devil's Threesome: Jim, Pam, Fatboy NYC.

Nov 13th 2008 edited

I'm not sure why, but I find the term "fatboy" just hilarious. I'm sure it has something to do with a completely unsophisticated sense of humor. Much like a 10 year old boy.

Nov 13th 2008

Maybe Jim will get into a throwdown with Fatboy. I know the dude's name is Alex, but I refuse a guy who wants to go to a wine and cheese art show by his real name.

I always wanted to see Jim throwdown. I'm pretty sure he'll fight like a girl...no offense.

Nov 13th 2008

Devil's Threesome: Jim, Pam, Fatboy NYC.

My eyes!!!!!

Nov 13th 2008

I'm pretty sure he'll fight like a girl...no offense.

Shun!

Nov 13th 2008

I always wanted to see Jim throwdown. I'm pretty sure he'll fight like a girl...no offense.

I have no doubt that John/Jim could kick your arse, BMF.

Nov 13th 2008

Probably. The dude is like 6 foot 4...I'm 5'8. I don't see myself fighting with him though...he seems like a cool guy. I just think the Jim character is more of a lover than a fighter, so seeing him fight might be comic gold...

Nov 13th 2008

Uhh...BMF is Asian, and therefore knows karate and three kinds of kung fu. John is white. That's not even a fair fight.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >