Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Happy Birthday, Jesus!: Northernattack Christmas Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 23
  12. >
1 to 30 of 688
Nov 11th 2008

I haven't really thought out all of the details, and I apologize in advance if I'm being offensive, stepping on toes, or otherwise being out of line, but what do you think about the idea of having a virtual NA Christmas party? Many of us hang out here a lot, anyway, and I was thinking we could have a set "party" time when we all meet here and celebrate! BYOB and everything (webcams optional). Plus, we could have a gift exchange for anyone who wants to participate (I especially like this idea - we know each other's likes and dislikes pretty well, and we frequently send stuff through the mail to one another, so it just fits in). Does anyone else want to do this? I could organize the gift swap if people are interested, and the whole idea is wide open to suggestions, so what do you say?

Nov 11th 2008

Count me in!

Nov 11th 2008

By the way, any gifts already sent are not to be considered in the process. For future reference.

Nov 11th 2008

Count me in, too. Under the current circumstances, it is getting less and less difficult to explain NA related activity to my husband.

Nov 11th 2008

Lampshade on the head!
Fun idea, LT.

Nov 11th 2008

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. Let me be the first male on the boards to get on board.

Nov 11th 2008

I'll participate, and am apparently the first male on the boards to get on board.

Nov 11th 2008 edited

Oh snap, yo!

Nov 11th 2008

I'll do it, but I'm cheap, so nobody get me anything so I don't have to get anybody else anything.

Last weekend I had dinner with my brother in New York. We got on iChat and sat there talking about the election while he had a hamburger and I ate (blecch) fish.

Nov 11th 2008

Yankee Swap! I'm in.

Nov 11th 2008 edited

I'm in the market for a new iPod. Just saying.

so nobody get me anything so I don't have to get anybody else anything.

I like this idea.

Nov 11th 2008 edited

I'll say I'm in, but realistically I'll probably be sleeping while you're all here partying the day away.

eta: I mean I'm in on the party bit. I'm pretty sure no one wants to be sending stuff halfway around the world to me. But even if they did, I'm taking this position:

I'll do it, but I'm cheap, so nobody get me anything so I don't have to get anybody else anything.

Nov 11th 2008 edited

Woo hoo! Anyone who wants to participate in the (totally optional) gift-giving part, send me your real name and address in an e-mail by November 16th. I'll draw names and e-mail everyone the information for their gift-giving person a couple days after that. That should give everyone time to shop and ship. When should we have the virtual party? Is a weekend or weeknight better, and what time?

Ain't no party like an NA party!

Nov 11th 2008

OK.

Nov 11th 2008

I'll participate, but only as long as I don't draw gbones name.

Nov 11th 2008

I'll get right on that.

(TWSS)

Nov 11th 2008

Well, for the record, I was just kidding. I was momentarily p.o'd at the bone for his witticism at the top of the thread.

Nov 11th 2008

I'll get off it now.

Nov 11th 2008

Heeyy.

Nov 11th 2008

This post is for whoever (whomever?) draws my name for the secret santa. Just a little hint at what you can get me.

Nov 11th 2008

I'm not even kidding when I say that I've watched that particular fanvid more than all the others combined.

Nov 11th 2008

Me too. I posted it on my blog last Christmas and you better believe it's going back up this year.

Nov 11th 2008 edited

I have a small old janky flannel sweater that I've been meaning to get rid of.

I'll take it!!! Especially since I know you can get me what's inside of it!

Fun idea, LT!

We should also make sure the party thread title includes our other-than-Christmas celebrating NAers. I'm just sayin'.

Nov 11th 2008

I am so, so in.

Wait—is this a contest? No? Whatevs; count me in anyway.

Nov 11th 2008

I would like to attend the holiday shenanigans.

Nov 11th 2008

Likewise. Good work, LT!

Nov 11th 2008

I'm already thinking of gifts for possible recipients.

LT rocks. There was no doubt but after this suggestion/invitation it must be said aloud and often.

Nov 11th 2008

Can I do what I normally do at holiday parties? Sit in the corner and drink?

Nov 11th 2008

I'll be at the party, but I'm gonna pass on the gift dealio.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 23
  12. >