Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Happy Birthday, Jesus!: Northernattack Christmas Party
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. 23
  13. >
661 to 688 of 688
Jan 2nd 2009 edited

I hope you and mtt had a nice night, Madge. Sounds like a schmoopily good time.

Thanks, ST. It was a nice day together, even ending the evening with giant, mutating killer ants.

That sounds like an interesting ingredient for Indian food. But then again, they do like things spicy.

Do we get the Spicy Curry award?

It's all vegitarian. I'll just have the bread.

It wasn’t vegetarian. We made a lamb dish with onions and oranges, Nerfy. It turned out great, even if I do say that as the sous chef. We didn’t have a recipe for naan last night but we’re going to make it next time. I found a website that lists the recipe ingredients and has a video that shows how to make it.

I have never eaten Indian food, and we have some great Indian eating establishments here from what I've heard. I need to fix this.

Ah! VG, you must try it. You’ll never go back. The best Indian food I’ve eaten was in Toronto. Canada.

Y'all will have to come in...errr...to Iowa, though.

This is totally possible for me!

Yay! You and Nerfy and Mr. Poop, or better yet, Mr. P...hmm. Anyway, we already have a toaster.

pick up Mr. Poop en route.

stopping to eat at Subway?

I heartily enjoyed this.

Jan 2nd 2009

I have never eaten Indian food

Me neither, kemosabe. There's a whole bunch of ethnicities I'm looking to try.

Jan 2nd 2009

White and Indian are the best.

Jan 2nd 2009

There's a whole bunch of ethnicities I'm looking to try.

White and Indian are the best.

That's what both your mom's said.

Jan 2nd 2009

Are those the two races you're attracted to culinarily?

Jan 2nd 2009

For the record Madge, if there is a wedding, and I get invited, I would drive to the big I for it. Just wanted to put that out there.

just like someone's mom.

Jan 2nd 2009 edited

Yay! And, for the record, VG, if we would decide to become hot fused metals, yikes! we would check the date with you first.

culinarily

This scared me a little bit.

Jan 3rd 2009

The best Indian food I’ve eaten was in Toronto. Canada.

Me, too.

Jan 5th 2009

Yay! You and Nerfy and Mr. Poop,

I just typed a lengthy response to this, but I must have clicked "Back to Discussions." The gist of it is that I think this would be fun.

Jan 5th 2009

It wasn’t vegetarian. We made a lamb dish with onions and oranges, Nerfy.

I have to be careful when I eat Indian food to make sure I don't get something that has a baby animal as the featured protein. Other than that, I love Indian food too. Like pretty much everyone else here.

Jan 5th 2009

I love Indian food too. Like pretty much everyone else here.

I was quoting Angela from "Diwali" when I said I'd just have the bread, but I really do not like Indian food. The first time I had it was in England, just a few hours after getting off the plane. I was seriously jet lagged, and my aunt and I were staying with her Indian friend. This woman was seriously offended that I didn't want to eat spicy Indian food when I wasn't feeling well. I guess I have a bad association.

Jan 5th 2009

But baby animals are the ones that taste the best.

Jan 5th 2009

I have never eaten Indian food. This is another recurring NA conversation. We should have a list.

Jan 5th 2009

I think the conversation about how we should have a list might make the list.

Jan 5th 2009

You know what I enjoy eating? Baby okapi.

Jan 5th 2009

They have blue tongues, you know.

Jan 5th 2009

I think the conversation about how we should have a list might make the list.

Yes. Yes it would.

Jan 5th 2009

I was going to add a twist by commenting on baby okapis by their special name, but there is no special term for a baby okapi. I did find this funny bit from Time magazine in 1957:

The Vincennes Zoo, Paris, let it be known last week that Ebola, a female infant okapi—a rare, sawed-off semigi-raffe from the Belgian Congo rain forest —had lived three weeks so far without untoward incident. This is big zoo news; other okapis have been born in captivity, but Ebola is the first to survive so long. Assistant Director Paul Vullier explains that female okapis suffer in captivity from "deviation of maternal instinct." If they do not starve their infants by refusing to let them suckle, they trample them to death. And what pushes them into their fiercest outbursts of antimaternal deviation is the sight of strange humans, especially photographers.

Ebola, sawed-off giraffe, untoward incident, trampling, strange humans... why aren't news blurbs this interesting anymore?

Jan 5th 2009

Apropos of nothing, I propose we start calling Daoust either Ebola, Sawed-Off Giraffe, or Sawed-Off American.

Jan 5th 2009

They named it Ebola?

Jan 5th 2009

Touche, Shirley.

Jan 5th 2009

Seriously. And that's a very interesting blurb, KarenM. My baby okapis seem just fine in Zoo Tycoon. Glad to know it's not realistic at all.

Jan 5th 2009

They have blue tongues, you know.

Damn you, that's my line!

Jan 5th 2009 edited

Ebola almost never shows up on crossword puzzles.

ETA
So how's this for Zookeeper behavior?

Long before Ebola was due, Vullier kept all visitors away from the quarters of mother Irumu and father Dolo. He fed them both a special vitamin-rich diet of oat porridge with milk and salt, raw onions, carrots and watercress. Every morning a zoo attendant went to the Bois de Vincennes to pick fresh acacia leaves for the expectant okapis. Twice every day a keeper massaged Irumu's teats so that she would not fly into a rage when her infant first tried to suckle.

Are you massaging your okapi's teats, BTF?

Jan 5th 2009 edited

Edited for sneakiness. Again.

Jan 5th 2009

What kind of music would Okapi Teat Machine play? Polka?

Jan 5th 2009

Are you massaging your okapi's teats, BTF?

Not really. Would explain why the little trolls never reproduce on my game.

Jan 5th 2009

Ebola, sawed-off giraffe, untoward incident, trampling, strange humans... why aren't news blurbs this interesting anymore?

A copy should be sent to every journalism school in America.

And the last several posts have been epic.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. 23