Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
"The Sebring by Chrysler...Heck of a Motor Carriage" Car Discussion
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 201
Nov 17th 2008 edited

What kind of car do you drive? What was the first car that you've ever had? What is your dream car?

I drive a Jetta...darn

Discuss...

Nov 17th 2008

I drive a Honda CRV. It is awesome, but not sexy.

Nov 17th 2008

I drive a Honda Accord hybrid. It's easily the most powerful car I have ever owned, but it doesn't get much use.

I used to have a Passat, but my wife inherited it when I got the Accord. It's weird, actually; I brought that car with me into the marriage, and it appears to be leaving it with her.

Nov 17th 2008

I drive a Dodge Neon. I've had it forever, and the gas mileage is awesome. Also, I wrecked it in January (I believe there are pictures of that somewhere in here), and it just keeps on ticking.

Nov 17th 2008

Subaru Liberty. I think it has a different name in the US, maybe Legacy. Either way, it's the second one I've had and it's awesome. So sexy.

My first car was a Corolla wagon that was dreadfully slow and horrendously unsexy. Unfortunately, I have to drive wagons to fit all my drums and gear in. Fortunately, I've found the best looking one around.

Nov 17th 2008

Subaru Liberty.

That's so Australian.

Nov 17th 2008

It's like they think they're a whole different country or something.

Nov 17th 2008

I drive a Toyota Camry. It's drives extremely well, is terribly unsexy (definitely a "grandma" car), but it has lots of room in the back seat.

Nov 17th 2008

I don't know if it's same over there, but Camries (is that how you spell that?) over here are driven by Indians 90% of the time. That sounds like a funny stereotype, but let me tell you, it's absolutely true.

Nov 18th 2008

I drive a '97 Bonneville (Which I just paid off after 3 years!!).

I'd love to get a Prius or a Civic Hybrid, but a new car isn't in the budget for a while.

Nov 18th 2008

Uh... I thought this conversation started and finished in the music thread.

Nov 18th 2008

Well, most of us are Americans. And we Americans are so desperately obsessed with all things automotive that giving cars their own thread was kinda inevitable, wasn't it?

Nov 18th 2008

I drive a Honda Accord. Before that, my first car was a 1990 Honda Accord with manual transmission. I think everyone should learn to drive manual first.

Nov 18th 2008 edited

I drive a Camry. It has a radio and air conditioning, and it runs. That works for me.

Nov 18th 2008

I drive a Camry. It has a radio and air conditioning, and it runs. That works for me.

This is me as well. Sometimes I wish it had a few more chipmunks on the treadmill, but then I wouldn't get 27 mpg so paradox.

Nov 18th 2008

'98 Jeep Cherokee with 220,000 miles on it. It was paid off in five years, so I've had no payments for 6 years now. This car has driven from Maine to Idaho and all points between.

Nov 18th 2008

2001 Honda Civic. With hail damage on the hood. That happened over two years ago, and we got insurance money to fix it, but I used the money to pay off the car instead.

My first car was a 1988 Dodge Shadow. Light blue with a spoiler. Also, automatic seatbelts.

Nov 18th 2008

...terribly unsexy... has lots of room in the back seat

That's what Ryan said?

Nov 18th 2008 edited

Indians

I don't know what this means in Australian terms.

'98 Jeep Cherokee with 220,000 miles on it.

My youngest sister and my brother-in-law both drive Jeeps. They swear by them and will 'never own another car'.

Nov 18th 2008

I drive a Jeep, too. My last two cars were both Camry's, and they were built so much better than my Jeep. But we needed an SUV and didn't want the high Toyota payments, so settled for the Jeep. It is encouraging to see a couple people here praise them, though. Maybe it will last longer than the payments.

Nov 18th 2008

Subaru Liberty.

That's so Australian.

Wouldn't the Outback be more so?

My enjoyment of driving plummeted after I switched from a stick shift Toyota Paseo to my current automatic Honda Accord. Driving is boring at its best now.

Nov 18th 2008

I've never had a stick shift and never really learned how to drive one. I could do it if I had to, but it wouldn't be pretty.

Nov 18th 2008

Honda fanboy here - I'm on my second Civic Si. I had a 2000 2-door and traded it last Spring for a 2008 4-door this time. I love it. Quick, reasonably fuel efficient (33MPG on the highway at 70MPH in 6th gear), and just a blast to drive.

Nov 18th 2008

When I was 17, I bought a 2001 Acura Integra from an extremely rich friend of mine for 1500 bucks. There was nothing wrong with the car...it had twin turbo, it was lowered, and had a carbon fiber hood (white body with a carbon fiber hood=sexy).

Unfortunately, when I had to move, I decided to lend the car to my older sister who was in her last year of college. She decided to drive it out to Iowa to see her boyfriend (even though I told her no long distance driving), and she hit a deer. That car is now dead, and I'm stuck driving a Jetta...

Nov 18th 2008

I, too, have never driven a stick, and I've never seen the point. I live in a city, always have, and always will. Stick shifts are just obnoxious in the city.

Nov 18th 2008 edited

Stick shifts are just annoying, not so much obnoxious, when they're on a Toyota Echo. I can't even pretend like it makes my car cooler or classier. I can't wait to go back to an automatic.

Nov 18th 2008 edited

My car: 2006 Pontiac Torrent (SUV, yes I like killing nature)
Mister's car: 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (he gets the 'green' car because he drives farther to work in Bellevue than I do in Portland)

My first car, which I had from my junior year of high school until I married Mr. Fishing (so...1997-2004) was a 1993 Geo Prizm. I tried desperately to kill that damn car, but it wouldn't die. I finally asked my dad why an American car - and freakin' GEO, no less - was so reliable. He said it's because back then, the Prizm was built by Toyota, as a Corolla, then sold to GM, who'd then slap their name on it. Go figure.

Nov 18th 2008 edited

How are you all keeping a straight face while you're talking about whether or not you've ever driven a stick? And I think some people are lying...

eta: My favorite car I've ever had was a Honda CRX. I loved driving that stick.

Nov 18th 2008 edited

I drove my uncle's stick. That's how I learned. Is it less nasty if I indicate that he's a step-uncle and he was hot and his stick was attached to a fire-engine red corvette?

Nov 18th 2008 edited

I loved driving that stick.

I bet you did.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >