Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The image of his dangling participle still burned in my eyes. The embedded picture thread.
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 263
  14. >
181 to 210 of 7868
Dec 11th 2008

Lunch Bag Art, a dad does a drawing everyday for his kids on their lunchbags.

a^2 + b^2 = c^2

Dec 11th 2008

Awww. On field trip days, my dad would draw on our lunch bags.

Dec 11th 2008

There are significant math errors on that lunch bag.

Dec 11th 2008

well, this should be correct

Dec 11th 2008

My eyes! My eyes! Too many maths!

Dec 11th 2008

I can't even guarantee that that is math. It could be art. I quit math after Calc II a billion years ago, and I don't remember seeing nearly so many Greek letters.

Dec 11th 2008

I haven't seen that many Greek letters ever, and I was a bitchy sorority girl in college.

Dec 11th 2008

Sneaux Day

My uncle took this picture this morning in New Orleans.

Dec 11th 2008

That's hauntingly beautiful.

Dec 11th 2008

'Tis. We need more Societies for the Relief of Orphan Boys. But I'm not sure we need them to build mausoleums.

Dec 11th 2008 edited

Here's another one that's a bit more cheerful...

Sneaux Day II

Dec 11th 2008

And, finally...

Sneaux Day III

Dec 11th 2008

Whatevs, your uncle is a darn fine photographer. Thanks for sharing!

Dec 11th 2008

Yeah, I'm simultaneously loving those shots and hating him because I've never gotten as good.

Dec 11th 2008

Well, CGB, he's twice as old as you (almost), and he takes his camera with him wherever he goes.

Perseverance, friend.

Dec 11th 2008

Does he have a website or blog or anything? I'd be interested in seeing more of his work.

Dec 11th 2008

Really Post-it? He'd be thrilled with such a wonderful compliment!

I'll e-mail him and find out...

Dec 11th 2008

Okay, I sent him the e-mail. In the meantime...

Sneaux Day IV

Dec 11th 2008

Thanks! I don't ever think of Nawlins as a snowy place, so it's cool to see that side of it.

Dec 11th 2008

Perseverance, friend.

Truth. And I don't hate him. Just a little jealous. What an eye.

Dec 11th 2008 edited

My uncle took this picture this morning in New Orleans.

I was at a convention in New Orleans and everybody was signing up for the grave yard tours. I didn't understand what the attraction was until I was told that all of the graves must be above ground because New Orleans is below sea level and if they bury the dead underground their bodies would eventually come up out of the ground. That made me think of Night of the Living Dead and I still didn't want to see them.

Dec 11th 2008

Fun fact to know and tell: Night of the Living Dead was filmed near Pittsburgh, PA. The cemetery was close to where I lived.

Dec 11th 2008

maury

Dec 11th 2008

Hey whatevs, one of your uncle's shots made the Drudge Report. Scroll down halfway. Is this his photo gallery?

Dec 11th 2008

Nice investigative reporting itty bitty.

Dec 11th 2008 edited

Are you fucking kidding me???

Yes, that's him. But he works for the ACLU, so I would bet that if he finds out one of his pictures was on the Drudge Report, he'd probably die of a heart attack.

eta: I just looked at CGB's link again, and the name attached to the photos is not my uncle's name. However, the trolley photo is the same, and the adorable African-American girl, while it's a different shot, is definitely the same girl as well.

Methinks my uncle posts his photos under a pseudonym.

Dec 11th 2008

Then he'll realize 20 million people saw it and figure that's a pretty good tradeoff.

Nice investigative reporting itty bitty.

I'm Toosie's understudy. And itty bitty? That's a nickname that can stick with a guy.

Dec 11th 2008

From my uncle:

The pix are not "great art", just "Hey! It's snowing in NOLA! Get-in-the-car-and-drive-around-town-shooting recognizable-NOLA-sites-with-snow."

I emailed him to let him know about the "Drudge" thing. We'll see what he has to say.

Dec 11th 2008 edited

Those pictures are terrific. I was wondering what New Orleans (Orleansians?) do in the snow, and now I know, thanks to whatevs' uncle.

Dec 11th 2008

whatevs, your uncle is truly talented. Those photos are brilliant.

MB, yours is hilarious. (the picture, people.)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...