Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Ask him the symptoms…I’m on WebMD: for when you wish you'd taken a sick day
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32
  13. >
931 to 960 of 960
May 28th 2013

wraps sore feet in bubble wrap

This is a real disability, guys...and now I'm facing hardships. Daoust knows what I mean...because of Canadian.

May 28th 2013

It's...not the same thing.

May 28th 2013

You know that disabled Canadian, Michael J. Fox? I thought Daoust was going to be more like that guy.

May 28th 2013

I heart you guys.

May 28th 2013

I'm old, and starting to get all the old person diseases.

resists impulse to say "join the club", but poorly.

May 28th 2013

Anque, I need you to come here and rub butter on my joints.

May 28th 2013

Well now my possible mild ear infection sounds positively puny in comparison. Sorry about your joints, Jinx. You should just smoke more joints for your...other joints. Pot. I mean pot, smoke that.

May 28th 2013

BTF's kindness has healed me. She crushed up something...possibly herbs...into my pudding cup, and my joints feel better. In fact, everything feels better.

May 28th 2013

Did it say anything about Crohn's in this book?

I don't remember, Anque, but I will check tonight when I get home. I may need a reminder...because of old.

May 28th 2013

Also, after everything we've been talking about in here, this is kind of piddling, but:

Last night, getting into bed, I hit my funny bone just about as hard as I ever have. The last two fingers on my right hand are still tingling, 16 hours later.

May 28th 2013

Last night, getting into bed,

I thought your girlfriend was in Minnesota. What were you doing?

May 28th 2013

I was super excited about going to sleep, okay?

May 28th 2013

Hey man, I'm just askin'. I ain't reporting back.

(I do hope all y'all's joints start feeling better.)

May 28th 2013 edited

I need you to come here and rub butter on my joints.

Wouldn't it be better to have joints rubbed on your butt? Transdermal, you know.

Jinx, sorry to hear about your newly discovered affliction, but if you stay on top of it (heh) there are excellent meds and you should do well. Just keep moving, gently.

I have a crappy cold, but I don't think that registers on the complaintometer.

bone just about as hard as I ever have

Remind me why you are complaining...

May 28th 2013

as hard as I ever have

Yowza. If the nerve is still pissed of 16 hours later, that had to be hard. I wonder what kind of audible reaction that got out of you. I imagine it to be something like the 40 year old Virgin reactions, but louder and not spaced out.

May 28th 2013

KELLY CLARKSON!!!!

May 28th 2013

You look like a man-o-lantern.

May 28th 2013

Actually, I bet it was more like this. Especially if he was excited about going to sleep.

May 28th 2013

I wonder what kind of audible reaction that got out of you.

I think I literally said, "What the fuck? Why did I do THAT?"

May 29th 2013

Did it ever quit hurting?

Mar 11th 2020

Hey folks!

I know nobody has posted here since October of 2019 (and it was probably me) but I felt like dropping in. Just for fun I did a search on here for swine flu. Sure enough, I wrote a post about it back in 2009 in this thread. Interesting comparisons to the way I reported people panicking about the H1N1 back then, compared to the Corona virus insanity happening now.

A couple of observations. 1. Aren't you all just glad that Mike Pence is in charge? 2. Do any of you actually know anyone who has the virus? Is this whole thing not just really really overblown? 3. I'm hoping to be in Florida in three days. Best case scenario is that everyone else freaks out and cancels their trip so that less people attend the parks so the lines will be shorter. Fingers crossed.

What an incredible resource this forum is. It's like a time machine-encyclopedia-sex manual-political history-anatomy lesson-television and movie catalogue-medical advice column-your mom insult generator-poetry anthology- all rolled up into one.

How you all doing anyway? Is DC still alive? Is Jinx still bald? Is Brian still a Van Halen fan? Is lemonade still Mexican? Is Toosie still a virgin? Is DftF still angry? Is Anque still a hottie? Is Nerfy still on the radio?

Mar 12th 2020 edited

I wondered who’d be the first to break the hiatus. No I didn’t. I knew it’d be D. Always is.

I know these are crazy times and a lot seems uncertain, but please know: I still really like Van Halen.

I work 10-15 minutes from the national “epicenter” of the outbreak. I also live about the same distance from Harvey Weinstein’s new home, so it feels as if the news is enveloping my life. I think there’s a lot of under- and overreacting simply because so much is unknown. But I also think preemptive measures to slow the spread that seem extreme like closings and cancellations from local schools to pro sports are wise. I saw a tweet (where all knowledge is found) that said amid exponential growth, the time to act quickly is when it feels too soon. I wish everyone well.

And D, have fun but be safe in your travels.

Mar 12th 2020

What Eddie Van Brian said. Down this way, it's going back and forth between business as usual and whispers about mandatory or voluntary quarantines. Rest assured: if I get quarantined, I will burn this place to the ground.

Mar 12th 2020

Is DC still alive?

Yes.

Is Jinx still bald?

Yes.

Is Brian still a Van Halen fan?

Asked & answered.

Is lemonade still Mexican?

Do you know how this works, Canada?

Is Toosie still a virgin?

I mean, I married that dude, and we're gonna have a baby in September. I'm sick and headachey literally every day. "The beautiful miracle of life."

Is DftF still angry?

Trump's the president. What do you think?

Is Anque still a hottie?

I'm on her facebook - duh.

Is Nerfy still on the radio?

Yes.

Mar 12th 2020

I mean, I married that dude, and we're gonna have a baby in September.

boink

Mar 13th 2020

Hahaha, right?

Mar 13th 2020

I'm glad to see gb around here, though. (I see plenty of you other 2 guys on that other site.)

Mar 15th 2020

I'm still bald, but maybe hair growth is one of the side effects of corona virus. I'm waiting for them to cancel my daughter's school...all the surrounding counties already have, it's just a matter of time. I'm hoping to get a couple weeks break from work...I can and will be expected to work from home, but it would be a nice break.

Our business hasn't been harmed at all, in fact people seem to be buying more chalk paint online...so sales are up.

I don't watch a ton of sports, but I miss READING about what's going on in sports.

I went to Walmart yesterday, and there is plenty of food, but it's just interesting that some things are completely wiped out. Toilet paper, bread, cheese, and cereal are gone, but plenty of milk. And flaming hot cheetos for my daughter.

One guy in line got upset because there was a limit on how many cases of gatorade you can buy, and he pulls out his phone and starts recording, and the cashier said "really? You're going to video me?" and this white trailer trash said "yup, I'm going to put this on Facebook and make y'all famous!" We all just kind of rolled our eyes at him.

I mean, I married that dude, and we're gonna have a baby in September.

With sex!

I know you posted three days ago...but I think Disney is closed, if that's where you're going in Florida. We were planning a flight down to Universal Studios in April, but that's on hold now.

I told my daughter, this social distancing stuff is what us introverts have been training for and hoping for our whole lives! So we're doing just fine.

Mar 20th 2020

and yes i'm still angry about all of it

5 days ago

Did you bring the 'rona back to Canada from Florida, Daoust? Absolutely gutted that "let 'em pray away the gay" Pence is in charge. Quite relieved that Donnie Dumdum is not.

Do I remember how to use Markdown? (we'll see)

I know people who know people who have died of coronavirus. They usually post on FB with many mutual friends. I haven't personally known anyone with it.

I was laid out with mono for awhile. I spent like 2 months in bed. I'm pretty much over it but still off work until our state's next phase. I haven't left the house except to go to doctor's appointments since early March and I think I am turning translucent and perhaps agoraphobic.

DftF, where did you go? I mean at the other place?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32