Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Ask him the symptoms…I’m on WebMD: for when you wish you'd taken a sick day
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. 33
  13. >
961 to 985 of 985
Jun 14th 2020

Is DC still alive?

Yes.

You can't be sure.

Nov 3rd 2020 edited

You guys, my anxiety is really high today. Cruising through here is making me feel better, though.

Toos had her beautiful baby. He is really, really adorable and I love seeing photos on FB.

My youngest is now 11 and my oldest 17! I’m old!! (But definitely still a hottie.) I stopped 18 credits shy of my BS in Computer Science because I had a minor...wait I spelled that wrong MAJOR...breakdown. I did finally start working again and I really love the organization. My Mom came to live with us last year. We finally moved in to a big beautiful old house and out of the basement last year, too.

This year has been okay. We’re lucky. Mr. A has an excellent job with a startup (when is it no longer a start up?) and my boss is wonderful so we’re both working from home this whole time. We have health care and income and we’ve been pretty strictly quarantining. My mom and I are immunocompromised because we get infusions of Remicade every six weeks for our Crohn’s.

My grandmother in Ft. Worth died of COVID. My grandmother in Huntsville who was basically the only beacon of family belonging in my life as a child died at the beginning of October from cancer.

So insert cliche 2020 sucks meme here.

Anyway, I miss y’all, and I really hope everyone is doing well today.

Nov 3rd 2020

I'm so sorry about losing both your grandmothers, Anque. It's so hard. One of my close friends is in the hospital for the second time with covid and pneumonia. Thinking about people's refusal to wear masks for the sake of their "freedom" makes me feel angry, sad, frustrated, hopeless, and helpless all at the same time. When will we learn?

Great news about the jobs and the new old house, though. And I can't believe your kids are so grown up! When I started here, your oldest was a toddler, I think, and the youngest was but a twinkle in Mr. Anque's eye. Life moves fast. Unless it's 2020. Then it's a soul-sucking snail.

I've been working from home since March and love it. I'm not as disciplined as I should be, but I get the work done, so meh. I'm saving a ton of money on gas and lunches out, but I'm pretty good about making up for it with online shopping. I pretty much only leave the house to check in on my Mom, who moved a couple blocks away when my Dad got real sick and went into the nursing home here. She is completely over this "covid shit" and wants to get on with life. She also has deteriorating cognitive issues, so we have basically the same conversations every day. I'm trying to cherish every minute with her and wouldn't trade a minute.

Nov 3rd 2020

I bolted back to Oregon when my law school went online back in March. I was expecting to be here for a month or two; then I took a leave of absence for fall, and I'm considering taking the spring off, too. I deliver food for Uber Eats to make ends meet. I just have too many underlying conditions to risk going to school. But I HATE IT. Hate it.

Nov 3rd 2020

One of my close friends is in the hospital for the second time with covid and pneumonia.

I am crossing all of my fingers and toes for the both of you. I, too, cannot believe that so many trash people are treating a tiny piece of cloth like it's public enemy #1.

This:

Life moves fast. Unless it's 2020. Then it's a soul-sucking snail.

I'm trying to cherish every minute with her and wouldn't trade a minute.

Oh....just huuuugs. This is so hard. My grandfather is on the steep decline himself. Thankfully he's still present enough to understand that his wife died. But we've really worried about him post burial. It breaks my heart.

But I HATE IT. Hate it.

Me, too. I'm so sorry a very cool and brave choice has been derailed because of this nightmare.

Nov 11th 2020

so we’re both working from home this whole time. We have health care and income and we’ve been pretty strictly quarantining.

This is us. I get a little stir crazy, but I love being with my kids all day and I don't miss my shit-ass 2.5 hour-a-day commute.

Dec 21st 2020

It's nice to see all of you here, even though I see you over there.

2020 is almost over, Biden won, democracy is getting sucker-punched but is staying on its feet, and vaccines are on the way.

My mom had ovarian cancer 20 years ago and a cell from that survived, migrated, and metastasized (sp?), causing a tumor near her colon. She's on chemo again. A septuagenarian, she's high risk already and though she is unlike her political brethren in that she does believe in the efficacy of masks and vaccines, she still has a large social bubble and I hate it. My uncle visits from Portland/AZ (he's got 2 places) before each chemo session and while I'm glad he's there I also hate it because again (and he's a retired doctor, dammit), people need to not travel, not expose high-risk people.

I myself am high-risk and have been home since March. I'd love to go be with her now to support her through chemo and to spend the holidays with her, but I can't. It's frustrating to see other people making more risky choices which ultimately have a negative effect on all of us.

However, I love the crap out of quarantine life, even though it's getting old. Being in pajamas all the time, cooking, being cozy at home, all the streaming services... It's a good time to remind myself that I like this, so I don't regret not enjoying every minute when I no longer get to stay home.

Merry happy hannukahmaskwanzaa to all, and happy new year!

Sep 16th 2021

I wish this site still was, you know, a site with users. That's all.

Life's been weird, yo. I miss you guys, but I love the people that take up my time now, too.

But I still miss you guys.

Sep 23rd 2021

I still check from time to time, but it's very quiet.

Sep 24th 2021

I miss you guys too, with no exceptions. Let’s get it going again! Huzzah!

Sep 24th 2021

Thought about it…I’m in!

Sep 25th 2021

Sweet. Guys, we got Bri! He was the first round pick!

Sep 25th 2021

Those never miss!

Oct 7th 2021

I just checked here like a month ago, and there were no new posts. I thought “Maybe NA is done for good!”

I’m glad I was wrong.

Oct 25th 2021

One post a month is sort of keeping it alive, right?

Oct 26th 2021

Right! Let's keep the momentum going, kids!

Oct 26th 2021

Since we're in the health forum, let's talk about something non-controversial, that everyone can contribute to without arguing. Something like Covid or vaccines?

Oct 26th 2021

The nanobots in my Moderna vax haven't been giving me my instructions from Bill Gates on a timely basis.

Oct 27th 2021

Your third mask will act like an antenna and amplify the signal.

Feb 16th 2022

Haha, to all these "new" posts, since I was last here.

Feb 16th 2022

I guess the quotes are unnecessary. They literally are new. To me, anyway.

Jul 11th 2022 edited

Haha, to all these "new" posts, since I was last here.

Haha to this "new" post as well.

And all of the this:

I wish this site still was, you know, a site with users. That's all.

Life's been weird, yo. I miss you guys, but I love the people that take up my time now, too.

But I still miss you guys.

eta: markup is a b-word

Jul 13th 2022

I have to check the instructions every time.

Jul 14th 2022

Boobs?

Jul 18th 2022

Boobs?

Noice.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 25
  5. 26
  6. 27