Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.11 The Duel
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 205
Jan 13th 2009 edited
  • Season 5 : Episode 11
  • First aired on Jan. 15, 2009
  • Written by Jennifer Celotta
  • Directed by Dean Holland

The office is on eggshells because Andy still hasn't found out about fiancee Angela's affair with Dwight. When Michael spills the beans, Dwight and Andy take matters into their own hands. Meanwhile, Michael is nervous about being called down to corporate for a meeting with Wallace.

Jan 13th 2009 edited

Thanks Cool Guy. I think the description gave away a little too much info, but I'm glad they're dealing with the situation right away. I hope something interesting comes out of Michael's meeting with Wallace (WHERE WALLACE AT?!) and it's not just a throw-away plot.

Jan 13th 2009

WHERE WALLACE AT?!

Niiiiice! Now, I have that scene in my head.

Jan 13th 2009

I want to see what kind of duel this will be. Potato guns at 30 paces?

Jan 13th 2009

I quite enjoyed Jim's TH comment in the preview. I won't spoil it here, but both times I've seen it I got a good belly laugh.

Jan 13th 2009

WHERE WALLACE AT?!

Niiiiice! Now, I have that scene in my head.

Everytime I hear the name Wallace, no matter the context, I think of that scene.

Jan 13th 2009

After we watched that episode, Tiger kept repeating that for weeks. I would get random emails from him with the subject line "YO STRING, WHERE WALLACE AT?" and that's it. Nothing in the email, just that header.

Jan 13th 2009

Sorry, I forgot some view episode summaries as spoilers. It doesn't help now, I know, but I redacted it.

Jan 13th 2009

He always posted the episode summaries a week before hand. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to be up in here when this thread gets created.

Jan 13th 2009

It's easy enough to put it back.

Jan 13th 2009

Yup. The episode summaries are always up when the ep thread goes up. That and aired promos are fair game according to the spoiler policy.

Jan 13th 2009

The NY Mag is reporting that Bush is taking 15 minutes of airtime on Thursday night for a farewell speech. It's slated for 9 PM, but someone in the comments said that they were going to cut the time from Kath & Kim. NBC better not mess with The Office or...else. I don't know what yet, but it won't be pretty.

Jan 13th 2009

NBC better not mess with The Office or...else. I don't know what yet, but it won't be pretty.

The F word.

Jan 13th 2009

Gonna have to monitor the DVR closely on Thursday I guess. Why couldn't that assclown speak on Saturday at 2 am like a good infomercial?

Jan 13th 2009

Is it 9pm eastern? If so, then I think we're safe here in Phx. If not, I'm going to have to choke a bitch.

Jan 13th 2009

I thought it was 8 pm EST, but then I am almost always wrong. At least according to my family.

Jan 13th 2009

The White House has asked the major television networks for a slot to broadcast his address, but an exact time has not yet been set.

According to this

Jan 13th 2009

I considered refusing to recognize the legitimacy of this thread since it wasn't started by James, but I've decided not to fight the man and relent to the societal pressures that compel me to conform.

Jan 13th 2009

Don't do it, Dowst. Give it to the man.

Jan 13th 2009

So it looks like NBC has decided to put on a rerun of Earl from 8-8:30 and join it in progress after Bush' address, then the new Earl episode from 8:30-9. Kath and Kim gets heaved. Yay!

Jan 14th 2009

Yay! Now, if only it were gone forever.

Jan 14th 2009

Yay! Now, if only it were gone forever.

It is the zombie sitcom. It cannot be killed.

Jan 14th 2009

Just curious, but why does everybody hate Kath and Kim? It's certainly on par, or maybe better than the other drivel out there, like the unwatchable Gary Unmarried or Two and Half Men, yet the other terrible shows out there don't seem to generate this much disdain as Kath and Kim. Is it perhaps because us Americans changed it from the Australian original? As someone who lived in Australia for quite some time, I can attest to the fact that if we put the original on the air here, it would do no better than the version we have currently is. The average American wouldn't get half (or less) the jokes, since they relate to pop culture things we know nothing about. Also, Australian humor is different than American humor. And Australians get tv shows from other countries all the time, Australia's Funniest Home Videos, or Australian Idol for example. Enlighten me, please!

Jan 14th 2009

Hey PP. Welcome.

I don't think we necessarily hate K&K more than the other crapulence that is on TV, like that most ridiculous of sitcoms Two and a Half Laughs per Season. It is a crappy show, that's the main reason why we don't like it. Because it is a comedy that does not deliver on its promise to be funny. False advertising. That's what we hate the most.

Jan 14th 2009 edited

I don't much like Kath & Kim because it's unfunny and because they kicked Paul Feig off of the show. He could have made it quite good. This is different from shows like Two and A Half Men or others, because you kind of know what you're getting with thos shows: lame sex jokes, predictable plots, and predictable characters. Whatever its origins, Kath & Kim could have been different. Instead, it has failed rather spectacularly at achieving modest goals.
On a different note, even though I don't watch the show, I'm happy that Jon Cryer finally found a steady job on Two and A Half Men. I've always liked him. The kid on that show kind of creeps me out, though.

Jan 14th 2009

True Confessions: I do not dislike Two and a Half Men. And I watched Gary, Unmarried once, and that was not as bad as I thought it would be.

There. I said it.

Jan 14th 2009

I watch The Big Bang Theory every week, which is created by the folks that make Two and a Half Men. It's funny. I used to watch Two etc but I got tired of it.

Jan 14th 2009

I can watch Two and a Half Men. I equate it to mashed potatoes or Bud Light. Inoffensive, but I wouldn't miss it if it went away forever.

Oh, and welcome PP. (That seems a funny thing to say.) Head on over to the Introductions thread and say hi. Then head to the Canada thread and say something rude.

Jan 14th 2009

But DO NOT go into the boob thread. I never go in there. It's like that grocery store by my in-laws (Jack's, or something) that I avoid. There's just something wrong with it. It's creepy.

But now that I think of it, since I never go in the boob thread, I really don't know what they talk about there. For all I know, they're sharing gardening tips.

Jan 14th 2009

We ain't sharing gardening tips.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 205