Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.12 Prince Family Paper
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 206
Jan 17th 2009 edited
  • Season 5 : Episode 12
  • First aired on January 22, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

FAMILY BUSINESS—Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Dwight (Rainn Wilson) go undercover to do a bit of industrial espionage on a paper company competitor. Meanwhile, the rest of the office holds a debate to settle the question: is Hilary Swank hot? John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Angela Kinsey, Ed Helms, Kate Flannery, Brian Baumgartner, Creed Bratton and Craig Robinson also star.

Jan 17th 2009

Extremely excited for a B.J. Novak-written episode!

Jan 17th 2009

Michael attempting corporate espionage and an office debate, both recipes for hilarity.

Jan 17th 2009

is Hilary Swank hot?

Hmmm. Nope.

Jan 17th 2009

Yeah, how is that even a debate?

Jan 17th 2009

One of the sports talk shows here had their two hosts and producer debating her hotness last night. The consensus was that Hilary Swank has a smokin' hot bod, but her face is so-so and downright UNattractive when she smiles.

Jan 17th 2009

She has man face. And I'll bet she's really excited about this episode.

Jan 17th 2009

The consensus was that Hilary Swank has a smokin' hot bod,

She won an Oscar playing girl who disguised herself as a boy. What kind of sports talk hosts do you have out there?

Jan 17th 2009

She does have boobs.

Jan 17th 2009

Having boobs and having a smokin' hot bod are two different things.

Jan 17th 2009 edited

Oh. Well, it's a start.

Jan 19th 2009

I don't know, DC...I think she's too scrawny, I'm just saying what I heard on the radio.

Jan 19th 2009

I'm sure Mr. Swank's former life partner (Chad Lowe) would be shocked to hear this discussion. Those two did a lot for gay couples in this country. ;-p

Just from the episode description, I'm seeing flashbacks of the episode where they went to Karen's new branch. I hope they aren't recycling storylines, but it feels like it from the episode description. I reserve the right to be proven wrong and for this episode to be its own entity.

Jan 19th 2009

Well, BJ Novak is kind of a bad ass...I think this episode will be good...AKA epic.

Jan 19th 2009

So I guess at some point in this episode Pam will get sexually harrassed because every time the subject of female attractiveness is brought up in the office Pam gets harrassed.

Jan 19th 2009

Yeppers. That is Pam's recurring theme. She's an attractive single female and her position has the least amount of power in the office.

Jan 19th 2009

Except for the fact that she's now with Jim, who has full right to stick up for her. Not that that would stop anyone.

Jan 19th 2009

Except for the fact that she's now with Jim, who has full right to stick up for her. Not that that would stop anyone.

Like Dwight from last week's ep, for example.

Jan 19th 2009

Except for the fact that she's now with Jim, who has full right to stick up for her.

Would he, though? I think it's reasonable to question how forward he would be in that situation, considering he didn't do much with the duel last week.

Jan 19th 2009

Remember how he reacted when Dwight insulted Pam's painting after she failed art school? He didn't actually do much, but anyone could see by his attitude towards Dwight that he wasn't about to listen to much of the insults.

considering he didn't do much with the duel last week.

Yes, but Andy and Dwight were fighting over Angela, and even then he kept making an effort to calm them down. After a certain point he had to accept that he couldn't stop them, because he knew how insane they were. I'm not saying he's going to start defending Pam's honor in any showy way, but if people start attacking her (someone he truly cares about), he might make an effort to stop them.

Jan 19th 2009

but if people start attacking her (someone he truly cares about), he might make an effort to stop them.

Unless they put a hand on her knee. Then he'll do nothing.

Jan 19th 2009

It's not really clear what it would take to get Jim to get in someone's face about harassing Pam.

Jan 19th 2009

It's not really clear what it would take to get Jim to get in someone's face about harassing Pam.

Maybe some boobie grabbage?

Jan 20th 2009

Unless they put a hand on her knee. Then he'll do nothing.

He shoots he scores!

Jan 22nd 2009

I can answer the question right now. Hilary Swank is not hot.

Jan 22nd 2009

I missed BJ written episodes. It's about time.

Jan 22nd 2009

I missed BJs It's about time.

Tiger, is that you?

Jan 22nd 2009

If it was, he'd be posting under the Not Tiger screen name.

Jan 22nd 2009

Oh, I forgot that existed. Silly Tiger.

Jan 22nd 2009

Trix are for kids.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7