Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.12 Prince Family Paper
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
121 to 150 of 206
Jan 22nd 2009

Your mother is Dorothy Mantooth?

I didn't think anyone would catch that reference.

Jan 22nd 2009

I'm his age, so it's perfectly ok for me to have these thoughts about him.

Absolutely it is!

Jan 22nd 2009

how hot was Jim whispering, even if it was just to Kevin? Yowza.

My word, that man has the best whispering voice.

I loved watching Dwight and Michael in the Prince Family Paper office. "Well, I'm your new son." "Vietnam? I hear it's beautiful." And was the bumper patched up with duct tape? That was a nice touch. The Hilary Swank plot was very funny and I've gotta hand it to CGB for his awesome analysis of Michael.

Jan 22nd 2009

I didn't think anyone would catch that reference.

Anchorman gets quoted a lot around here. A LOT.

"Vietnam? I hear it's beautiful."

YES! Another great line I forgot about.

Jan 22nd 2009

Ugh, I wonder how much longer for a deleted scene? This is my early week, and I should be in bed already.

Jan 22nd 2009

I liked how Michael took a picture of Mrs. Prince right by their map of clients. Also, he's a genius, but in some things, he's really stupid. Is this a cup?

Jan 22nd 2009

I liked how Michael took a picture of Mrs. Prince right by their map of clients.

Yes, he was being very crafty there.

Jan 22nd 2009

Also, he's a genius, but in some things, he's really stupid.

He's like a Rain Man of business.

Jan 22nd 2009

I really can't say anything more insightful than CGB's brilliant post about this episode so...yeah, what he said.

Also, VG...you are on fire with the 'your mom' jokes tonight. Well done, chica!

Jan 22nd 2009

I think Dwight worked so strongly against Michael because he was so attracted to perverseness of the situation that appalled Michael.

Jan 22nd 2009

Is this a cup?

That reminded me of Benihana Christmas when he's in the Kitchen pretending he's drunk drinking out of that giant bottle popcaaarn thing. "Where's my girlfriend?"

Jan 22nd 2009

popcaaarn

Inside joke!

Jan 22nd 2009 edited

I was hoping you'd catch it. Also, I'd like to be a part of one some day.

Jan 22nd 2009

Hey, everybody! Been ages since I've actually posted. Still lurk occasionally. (And, BTW, this is Vampiric Blood posting, not Vampiric Germ!)

Mr. Blood is convinced that the demolition of the Prince family paper business will be in a future episode. Do any of you think so?

Jan 22nd 2009

I thought this was a great episode. Michael handed over the list of Prince family paper to David Wallace and probably put them out of business and feels horrible about it. Which is the realistic ending. Having him shred the client list and by extension saving Prince Family Paper would've been the standard sitcom ending. And everybody hit it out of the park in this one, Stanley's passionate speech had me near tears and Oscars serious well thought out, scientific analysis was hilarious.

Jan 22nd 2009 edited

Has anyone mentioned Kelly's meltdown when Toby says Hillary Swank is not hot? Awesome.

Jan 22nd 2009

Has anyone mentioned how unbelievably dirty Michael's car was? That in itself was a funny (and probably meaningless) detail.

I also liked the gaping-mouth-eyes-lit-up look he gave the camera when Wallace told him he had an assignment for him.

Jan 22nd 2009

Not too crazy about the Prince Family plot (although I did start to like it much more when they returned to the office and Michael was conflicted). Loved the Swank plot. I love when the office just does nothing every now and then. No big drama, romantic or otherwise.

Also, I think someone mentioned it earlier, but I am 99% sure that Prince's mug said 'World's Best Dad'. Which just speaks to how much the Princes have what Michael wants. Prince has kids who will buy him a mug about family. Michael has to buy himself a mug about work because he doesn't have a family. It made me rather sad.

Also: Kevin has restricted internet access. I love it.

Jan 22nd 2009

That reminded me of Benihana Christmas when he's in the Kitchen pretending he's drunk drinking out of that giant bottle popcaaarn thing. "Where's my girlfriend?"

yess! I knew tonight's scene reminded me of a previous one. Leave it to limon to answer my question before asked.

Taking a vote: raise your hand if you think Michael and Dwight were hott licking their lips. Ok; raise your hand if it was the least hott thing you've seen all week.

Jan 23rd 2009 edited

Also, I think someone mentioned it earlier, but I am 99% sure that Prince's mug said 'World's Best Dad'.

Crap.

Also I think this is an episode that will grow in esteem in time, kind of like Safety Training. There was a lot of good stuff in the episode. Also, Angela looked hot.

In this review, Swank's hotness is confirmed, even though she's not hot:

Of course Swank is hot. She might not be beautiful or cute and she may have the giant chompers of a Shetland pony but of course she’s sexy.

Jan 23rd 2009

Ok; raise your hand if it was the least hott thing you've seen all week.

As with Hilary Swank: not hot.

Jan 23rd 2009

Has anyone mentioned how unbelievably dirty Michael's car was?

I think it was supposed to be salt residue from the snow (people not living in the snow belt don't know that look) that they should have in Scranton. Sprayed on for effect, of course. And made ridiculous by the fact that there was no snow on the ground.

Jan 23rd 2009

I wonder if they got Hilary Swank's permission for this episode. I agree with AMJ who said it felt like a writer's room debate turned into an episode plot.

I really felt for the Prince family, which I know was the point. There weren't a lot of standout moments in the episode, but I still liked it. I liked how Angela stayed out of the hotness debate at first, but then threw herself into it just to spite Kevin.

Jan 23rd 2009

They did throw a few random snow piles in around Prince Paper, but it didn't convince me they were in Scranton.

Jan 23rd 2009

I think it was supposed to be salt residue from the snow (people not living in the snow belt don't know that look) that they should have in Scranton. Sprayed on for effect, of course. And made ridiculous by the fact that there was no snow on the ground.

I was going to comment on that, but I noticed the car he parked next to was filthy also and figured they were going for the winter effect.

Jan 23rd 2009

Well, all the other cars in the parking lot looked like that. I do believe it was supposed to be frost.

But this episode was great. I like BJ's

episodes.

Jan 23rd 2009

Oh, I don't think Jim's prank was mentioned...come on, it was seriously the best Jim prank in a long time...

This episode was DEFINITELY a lot like the older season 2 episodes. Opening with a Jim prank, Michael and Dwight out on a mission, Jim leading the office in something that's not work...good times.

Jan 23rd 2009

My car is absolutely filthy right now. It looks just like Michael's. Cars get frosty on their windows, not their sides. Maybe if it's like -40, but even then, not so much.

Jan 23rd 2009

BMF, I was just going to mention the prank too! That was really the funniest part of the episode.

Jan 23rd 2009

I disagree, Nerfy, while it was hilarious, Michael and Dwight's lip licking was even hilarious-er

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
121 to 150 of 206
Top of PageBack to discussions