Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.12 Prince Family Paper
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
151 to 180 of 206
Jan 23rd 2009

Jim must come in at 3 AM to pull off some of those pranks. They should have some story where Michael or someone has to come into the office in the middle of the night, and find Jim doing something suspicious to Dwight's desk, have him get embarrassed and make some lame excuse, and then never mention what he was doing. And then, in the trailer, have Dwight's desk suddenly fall apart while he's sitting at it.

Jan 23rd 2009

This episode was DEFINITELY a lot like the older season 2 episodes. Opening with a Jim prank, Michael and Dwight out on a mission, Jim leading the office in something that's not work...good times.

That's funny, because my thought while watching it was that it was a little like Office Olympics that way.

Jan 23rd 2009

The episode was totally like a seinfeld premise... is hillary swank hot? I loved it. And she's gross. i said it before and I'll say it again. But I'm with Kevin I would still totally MO with her

Jan 23rd 2009

I loved this episode. I had a lot of laugh out loud moments and I agree with CGB's determination of the Michael plot. I love seeing him so sensitive. I love it when they twang that heartstring that we all have for Michael despite his idiocy.

Also, I loved "What'choo talkin' 'bout, Wallace?"

Jan 23rd 2009 edited

I liked the fact that they used Hillary Swank. And I'm sure Hillary's not upset about it. Jim was the 'voice of reason' there saying that she was a celebrity and clearly we shouldn't be talking about a person like this when we don't know her (I'm sure they've personally been dealing with a lot of that type of stuff.) And it ended in her favor. Just good ol' fashioned Office silliness.

I also like it when Jim tries to manage like a good manager would. Because every time he does, rather than making him seem inept in my eyes, it just underlines the fact that maybe a good manager isn't what works in this office. Perhaps Michael's style of management is perfect for this set of people. Because they are clearly just as nutty as Michael.

Jan 23rd 2009 edited

Jim has been put in alot of these situations lately, ex. trying to stop the Andy and Dwight from fighting in The Duel, and he always takes good manager like action and it always seems to fail. So I think you're right Anque Michael is the right manager for this office.

Jan 23rd 2009

How could Hilary Swank be offended, beyond the fact that people she doesn't know were judging her? As Jim put it, they all agreed that she was an attractive, beautiful person. The debate was over if she was hot. Not every beautiful person is hot. Julia Roberts I'd say is much, much prettier than either Jessica Alba, Biel, or Simpson, but is she hotter? I don't think so. Did I just insult Julia Roberts by saying that? No.

Jan 23rd 2009

Hilary Swank can take solace in the fact that Kevin would do her.

Jan 23rd 2009 edited

Jim was the 'voice of reason' there saying that she was a celebrity and clearly we shouldn't be talking about a person like this when we don't know her (I'm sure they've personally been dealing with a lot of that type of stuff.)

I had similar thoughts when Jim said that line, that the show has made celebrities out of unknowns, that was a pretty meta moment.

Jan 23rd 2009

Julia Roberts I'd say is much, much prettier than either Jessica Alba

OK, don't get crazy.

Jan 23rd 2009 edited

Also, I loved "What'choo talkin' 'bout, Wallace?"

I loved that too, Anque. I wonder how many variations on the Michael-to-Wallace salutation the writers have stocked up for future episodes.

Jan 23rd 2009

No deleted scenes yet?

I was distracted last night during the episode and my first reaction was "meh." But after reading everybody's comments here and resolving the issue that was distracting me, I'm really looking forward to a re-watch tonight. Maybe I'll actually have something to contribute to the conversation then.

Jan 23rd 2009

I liked this episode a lot more than the last few.

Jan 23rd 2009

Rewatching now and realizing that Jim telling Angela "No one cares" is my favorite moment in the series.

Jan 23rd 2009

Wasn't the name of the other company just "Prince Paper"? Does it bother anyone else that the epside name is "Prince Family Paper"? No? Never mind, then.

Jan 23rd 2009

It bothers me a whole lot. In fact, I'm writing a book about how much it bothers me...

Jan 23rd 2009

Nice to see all the different posters in here. Nods to Vampiric Blood and Oaky, and the others. I don't have time to add any thoughts except that I liked it, it did feel like an episode written by Novak, and I liked the Michael plot. I also liked Stanley's line, even if it was out of character.

And I find it funny that some of you don't know what cars look like in the winter when they're covered with salt and dirt. I just took my wifes car through the carwash today because it looked very similiar to Michael Scarns.

Jan 23rd 2009

When I lived in N.H. it was a constant inner debate whether to wash off the road salt/sand coating during winter or just wait until May and do it all at once.

Jan 23rd 2009

After watching this episode I wonder if Hilary Swank will have a sense of humor about it.

Jan 23rd 2009

With her looks she better have a sense of humor.

Jan 23rd 2009

Well played.

Hillary Skank, I'd say.

Jan 23rd 2009

First deleted scene

Jan 23rd 2009

Yay! Thanks DC.

Jan 23rd 2009

I'm a dolphin.

Jan 23rd 2009

Dolphins don't know what they're doing!

Jan 23rd 2009

So my swiss cheese-like brain remembers doggie-dog from some other show, but I can't place it.

Jan 24th 2009

yep

?

Jan 24th 2009

You know I remember enjoying that episode when it aired.

Jan 24th 2009

Madge and I just watched it. I'll let her speak for herself, but I loved it (she did too). It was extremely well-executed, the Dwight/Michael stuff was brilliantly creepy and no Office episode did a better satire on the realities of American business.

It was also nice to see Stanley and Phyllis actually have something to do.

Jan 24th 2009 edited

I don't think anyone has mentioned this:

My heart has gone down the wrong path many, many times...Jan, Ryan.

I love any mention of Michael's man crush on Ryan.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
151 to 180 of 206
Top of PageBack to discussions