Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.12 Prince Family Paper
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 206 of 206
Jan 24th 2009

Besides the Swank determination, I loved how this ended. Thank God they didn't find a way to let Michael off the hook. This was dark, dirty and really tragic in the true sense of the word. He has only himself to blame. Dwight enabled it, but Michael is responsible and he knows it. And the funny thing is, Prince Family Paper is exactly the company, the life and the world Michael would create if he wasn't so socially inept. It's everything he means to be, yet stumbles his way away from. But never like this before. Never. All he has going for him in this instance is his remorse, but all the pity he elicits can't make him the victim. And they could so easily have pulled back at the end and in some way short circuited the inevitable saving the Princes. It's to the show's credit that they didn't. This episode will be so much more memorable now that they didn't.

I'm pretty jaded about this show these days, and I hold it to a high bar. That said, bravo.

I wish I had written this post. From now on, I'll just pretend I did.

Well, said, Bri.

Jan 24th 2009

I don't think anyone has mentioned this:

My heart has gone down the wrong path many, many times...Jan, Ryan.

I love any mention of Michael's man crush on Ryan.

I was on the very same page one day ago:

Two more things:

I loved it that Michael actually named Ryan as a mistake of the heart, and whoa...how hot was Jim whispering, even if it was just to Kevin? Yowza.

Another great callback--go writers!

Jan 25th 2009

Here goes a little behind the scenes tidbit from Jenna:

In this episode, we had a VERY hard time getting through Oscar’s portion of the debate. You only saw a small part of it. His character actually prepares a significant slideshow and has all of these intelligent arguments about what makes a person beautiful vs. hot. It was brilliant and Oscar was hilarious. We also kept cracking up at Kevin’s reaction to learning that we don’t give his character full internet access. I’m actually surprised we got one without any laughing. In watching the episode, my favorite part was when Dwight and Michael bicker over IHOP.

Jan 25th 2009

In watching the episode, my favorite part was when Dwight and Michael bicker over IHOP.

I loved that. They sounded like an old married couple.

Jan 25th 2009

OfficeQuotes.net has a "Is Hillary Swank hot?" poll. 538 respondents, 59% no, 41% yes.

Jan 25th 2009

That's closer than I imagined.

Jan 25th 2009

Well, if it was a presidential election it would be a landslide.

Jan 25th 2009

I just wanted to mention that although it doesn't snow where I live, it snows about an hour away and my car looks like Michaels when I come back from the snow. I'm sure that the prop guys intended the cars to look that way. The cars were like that in The Duel too. I was thinking that they probably did that in lieu of planting snow everywhere. I noticed some snow plopped in front of the Prince paper store. This made it look like it had been snowing but the sun came out and only a residue was left.

Jan 26th 2009

Kevin. I love you. Also, that was pretty smooth of Jim to reel Phyllis in by touching her shoulder. We all know he's on her list, and so does he. Way to own it Jimbo!

Jan 26th 2009

Can Kevin be any more awesome?

Jan 26th 2009

Ok, the exchange between Andy and Darryl might be one of my all time favorites. "How about 3/5's?"

Jan 26th 2009

I loved the exchange between Jim and Pam as he was saying what makes a woman hot. The spark is still there. What I don't get is why they would cut such a great scene. It was sexy, funny and awkward. Perfect.

Jan 26th 2009

I agree Madge. That whole scene was just great.

Jan 26th 2009

Things that should have been kept it:

1. Obviously the JAM looks...I've said it before, I'm not that big of a fan of theirs, but season 5 has been lacking on the looks...

2. Kevin's master-baters line.

3. Andy/Daryl's exchange.

I wasn't really a big fan of Angela's TH, but she did look cute when she brought her hands to her mouth when Meredith sniffed her hand. hahaha

Jan 26th 2009

Can Kevin be any more awesome?

You mean can Jim, Meredith , Kevin, and Darryl be any more awesome? Great deleted scene.

Jan 28th 2009

You who else they should have got to comment on Hilary Swank's hotness? Hank.

Jan 29th 2009

Gosh, I hope no one said this and I read it and forgot it, because I just had what I believe is insight:

You know that part where Dwight is telling Michael to use his heart for love and his head for business? That's actually bad advice. Michael needs to be using his head for love; his heart is the only thing that makes him a success at work at all.

Oct 2nd 2010

This thread has "family" in the title. So...on topic.

We all know I've been researching my ancestors. I might have a bigamist great-great-great-granddaddy!

He emigrated from Sweden with his wife to Denmark, where their baby boy was born in late 1875 or early 1876. They came to America in October 1876. Then...who knows what happened. I found him, the son, and the daughter in the 1880 census. He's listed as a widower. Later he remarried and had two more daughters. I don't know what happened to the son.

But family tradition is that she left him for another man and he left town (with the kids, apparently). The bigamy part is only because the oldest kinda-related guy doesn't actually know if they technically got divorced or just split up.

How would I find out what happened to the first wife or the son? I've emailed the community where the dad and kids lived in 1880 and now seem to owe them 50 smackaroonies, after I paid to join their society because they told me research is free for members of the society. Well, technically 66 sweet bucks, because I have to also pay for the copies. So, whatever.

I know they were headed to Topeka in 1876, but the three I found were in Osage County.

All I know about the mother is her name and approx. birthdate, actually that's all I know about the son, too. Where should I look next?

Oct 2nd 2010

I'll look them up in the census if you email me the names and places.

Oct 4th 2010

Thanks, Jinx! I'll send you what details I have, (but don't have many.) Thanks!

Oct 4th 2010

Mr. Jinx, I just sent you an email with the deets. I'll be effing surprised if you can find them. But even happier than surprised. Thanks!

Oct 5th 2010

I'll be effing surprised

My effing eyes! Easy on the language, 2C!

Oct 10th 2017

So...Elisabeth Moss. Hot?

Oct 10th 2017

No.

7 days ago

No.

Shes hot, okay? Because if you are saying Elisabeth Moss isn't hot, then you are saying that I am not hot. Because obviously I am not as hot as Elisabeth Moss! [STT runs away in tears]

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 206 of 206
Top of PageBack to discussions