Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Will I be too warm in a long sleeve T: The Weather Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. 79
  9. 80
  10. 81
  11. 82
  12. 83
  13. >
2461 to 2487 of 2487
Feb 22nd 2013

It's supposed to be sunny and 60 here today! is excited (Maybe this belongs on the pretzel thread). Except my older son just landed in Michigan in a snow storm - he's auditioning for grad school up there. Mom is not pleased about the snowstorm flying bit. How do you "up nawth" folks stand such a long winter?

Feb 22nd 2013

How do you "up nawth" folks stand such a long winter?

We just have different names for it, like "Fall", "Spring", and "NCAA Tournament".

Feb 22nd 2013

Yes, you have to think of winter as different stages. To me, it's finter (fall/winter), Christmas, effin' winter, and wing (winter/spring). It's still effin' winter around here.

Feb 22nd 2013

I'm one of those weirdos who actually like winter. I like the chance to nest a bit, and hibernate. I also love winter clothes and shoes, most importantly, boots. (A woman should never, ever, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH, ever, pass up a chance to wear boots.) The spring and summer are beautiful, but also very busy with the yard, that I look at winter as a resting period. Yeah, I dig winter.

Feb 22nd 2013

(A woman should never, ever, AND I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH, ever, pass up a chance to wear boots.)

Unless cankles.

Spring is less than four weeks away, technically. Around here it's probably 5-6 before you can start enjoying it and there's little threat of snow. By Nerfy I'm guessing it's more like 12 more weeks, right?

Feb 26th 2013

We've gotten a record amount of snowfall in the last week, which is wonderful. We've been in what they call an "exceptional drought" for the last two years. I'd given up on saving my lawn, bushes and shrubs, and instead have been fighting to save the big, established trees on my property. This should help. A lot. I am so grateful.

Feb 26th 2013

I'm so glad, VG. I love plants and it's awful to watch them fade...I'm glad for the wet weather you're getting - I just hope it isn't making roads and stuff dangerous!

Feb 26th 2013

Thanks, Toos--the roads were pretty rough, but no major accidents that I know of. I did okay in my little car today, but last week, someone had to come get me for work. That's the thing about working at a hospital--you have to get there somehow--it doesn't close for anything, dammit.

Feb 27th 2013

High winds and heavy rains today. I left a half-hour early to help my wife get out the door early. But between a weather-related accident, a pit stop for gas and a coffee stop to replace the coffee I left in the cup holder of my wife's car as I was putting the infant seat in, I got to work 10 minutes late. Boo. At least the rain and temps in the 40s are melting all the snow left from the blizzard two weeks ago.

Mar 23rd 2013

Spring is here...and it's rainy and miserable this weekend, after last weekend's gorgeousness. Weather is such a cruel mistress...

Mar 25th 2013

The rain went away, and it's nice and sunny...but this arctic wind is awful. I'm currently organizing a posse (that's posse, perverts) to Pennsylvania. We got us a varmit we need to speak to...

Apr 18th 2013

It won't stop snowing here. Ever.

Apr 18th 2013

Sorry, Nerfy.

It's windy and headed to 85 here today. Which means big thunderstorms tonight.

Apr 18th 2013

It won't stop snowing here. Ever.

Do you live in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?

Apr 18th 2013 edited

Starring MacGyver!

Yep, that was from memory.

Apr 18th 2013
Apr 18th 2013

I'm trying to decide which of those two links make me more ashamed to recognize.

Apr 18th 2013

I'm just relieved somebody else recognizes the second one.

Apr 18th 2013

I don't know what you guys mean? They made a show from the movie?

It snowed till June or something in the movie. Their spring was in June.

Apr 18th 2013

Don't worry MISS. I also know who John Black is. Are he and Marlena still together? Or did she get possessed by the devil again?

Also, it's still snowing here.

Apr 18th 2013 edited

I haven't watched Days in over 10 years. Every now and then, if I see it when going through channels, I'll stop and watch for a couple minutes. I did that once last week and OH MY GOD is Jennifer old!! I did hear a few years ago that all the old-timers, including John and Marlena, were fired. I don't know if they ever came back.

Your snow is supposed to come our way tomorrow. Yippee! said disgustedly

Apr 18th 2013 edited

It's on in my house frighteningly often. They're together but I sense things are rocky. She seems to have betrayed his trust somehow. It's hard for me to tell, because of penis. My wife tells me Jennifer started out as a teenager on the show back in the 80s. Also, Biggest Loser lady sure is perty.

Apr 18th 2013

I haven't watched Days in about 15 years either, but I watched it everyday in the summer, growing up.

It's still snowing. I changed out my snow tires for regular tires a few days ago, so this is probably all my fault.

Jun 30th 2013

You guys, it is so hot here. It's 95 degrees and I just spend three hours out walking and I didn't realize how few trees there are in some parts of this town and I think I might throw up and/or fall asleep.

Jun 30th 2013

I didn't realize how few trees there are in some parts of this town

That goes against my preconception of Oregon.

Also, for a second there, I thought I might be using the wrong word, preconception, so I googled it, and yeah, I was right.

But it seems that I'd be more right if I was getting ready to name a child Oregon. Or, uh, do something else that would eventually require I name a kid Oregon. Or something.

It's been a long day. I can't do jokes good tongight.

Or spell good.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 75
  5. 76
  6. 77
  7. 78
  8. 79
  9. 80
  10. 81
  11. 82