Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.13 Stress Relief
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 272
Jan 22nd 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 13
  • First aired on February 1, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

STRESSED OUT IN THE OFFICE--SPECIAL ONE HOUR POST SUPERBOWL EPISODE FEATURING GUEST STARS JACK BLACK ("SCHOOL OF ROCK"), JESSICA ALBA ("FANTASTIC FOUR") AND CLORIS LEACHMAN ("MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE")--After Dwight's (Rainn Wilson) fire safety seminar goes awry, he must make amends to the stressed-out office. Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) tries a number of ways to get his employees to relax before discovering that he is the number one stressor at work. So that people won't feel afraid of him, he insists on a no-holds-barred roast of himself. Also, while watching a pirated movie, Andy (Ed Helms) is convinced that Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) are film gurus. Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Oscar Nunez, Creed Bratton, Craig Robinson, Paul Lieberstein and Melora Hardin also star.

Jan 23rd 2009

First!

I hate it when people do that.

Jan 27th 2009

I have no idea what to think about this episode. What it be the same style Office us diehards know and love, or will it be dumbed down for the bigger audience? The fire safety seminar and roast sound like they could be really good, but the pirated movie with the guest stars, maybe not so much.

Jan 27th 2009

First! I hate it when people do that.

I totally love that we let Jinx hang out there like this for four days.

Jan 27th 2009 edited

Ahahaha! That is funny. But I have a strange feeling that he enjoyed hanging out there...

Jan 27th 2009

The fire safety seminar and roast sound like they could be really good, but the pirated movie with the guest stars, maybe not so much.

I think the pirated movie sounds like it could be pretty funny because of the premise. How it integrates into the show is a question.

Jan 27th 2009 edited

MAYBE SPOILERY, I DON'T KNOW HOW LITTLE THE NERKS ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT THE POST-SB EPISODE PLOT

The fact that the Alba Demon is in the pirated movie bugs me. Because she bugs me.

Jan 27th 2009

PERHAPS SPOILERY

Okay, consider me spoiled for this episode, if reading the synopsis makes me spoiled. I had read about Jack Black cameo a while back, and I didn't really want to believe it. I think it's going to be surreal seeing actual movie stars in this ep. Might take a fair bit of suspension of disbelief.

Jan 27th 2009

I had similar thoughts, but other spluts were more calm about it... so I don't know.

Jan 27th 2009

No, your instincts were right. It's a crappy idea.

Also, don't hate Jessica Alba just because no one's ever been prettier.

Jan 27th 2009

I don't hate Alba because she's pretty. I hate her because she's a fake-ass bizzo.

Jan 27th 2009

You're implying there's something to her beyond her looks.

Jan 27th 2009 edited

Okay, consider me spoiled for this episode, if reading the synopsis makes me spoiled. I had read about Jack Black cameo a while back, and I didn't really want to believe it. I think it's going to be surreal seeing actual movie stars in this ep. Might take a fair bit of suspension of disbelief.

Really? Is it that difficult to believe that they would watch a movie at the office with actual actors in it? Its not even going to be a huge part of the episode (I read where they don't even have that much material with Black and Alba because they only shot for like 1 day). NBC is just promoting the crap out of the "guest stars" because of the Super Bowl.

Jan 27th 2009

I think it's entirely plausible. I just feel like the entire time I'm going to be thinking, 'I'm watching The Office and there's too famous people playing themselves.' Of course, if it's only two minutes out of the whole episode, then you're right. No big deal.

That said, how dare you slander NBC by suggesting it would overpromote a minor storyline just to attract viewers at the expense of misleading diehard fans. You are gross, sir.

Jan 27th 2009

I wouldn't argue with WB Jones, he's a Grade A Bad Ass.

Jan 27th 2009 edited

I wouldn't argue with WB Jones, he's a Grade A Bad Ass.

Thank God I'm nothing like that Bill Cress character. He's super old....and really mean.

Jan 27th 2009

The fact that the Alba Demon is in the pirated movie bugs me. Because she bugs me.

You mean Jessica "Don't Call Me Latina" Alba?

I am beyond jealous that GMMR and other bloggers got the Superbowl episode (and the 3D Chuck) in the mail today.

Jan 27th 2009

fires off an e-mail

Jan 27th 2009

I used to think she was just about the hottest chick out there but she's gotten remarkably less hot in the last couple years and comments like this don't help.

Jan 28th 2009

GMMR just posted her thoughts on the Superbowl Episode and she thought it was really good…like S2 good, and she’s one that has been a little hard on this season, so I am really excited about this episode. Here go her thoughts on the ep. Not really any spoilers in there other than what’s already in the episode description.

For those who are weary on the guest stars she says this:

If you were nervous that the special guest stars were going to detract from the episode. Don’t worry - they don’t. I don’t know that they add anything either, though. They aren’t that funny, but the in-office storyline that surrounds their appearance is.

Jan 28th 2009 edited

If you were nervous that the special guest stars were going to detract from the episode. Don’t worry - they don’t. I don’t know that they add anything either, though. They aren’t that funny, but the in-office storyline that surrounds their appearance is.

My heart soared with the eagle's nest when I read this. Thanks, hhhhhhermana.

Yeppers. Perez calls her that, and Lainey calls her the Alba Demon. Either way, hilarious and true.

Jan 28th 2009

Thanks for sharing that, lem. I'm excited about all the stuff she mentioned. Did you hear she got to watch the last three Pushing Daisies eps? Totally lucky.

Jan 28th 2009

Here go her thoughts on the ep.

I was excited but wary (not weary), but after reading that I am just excited.

Jan 28th 2009

I should hate Alba but I love Dark Angel so, I'm not quite sure what to do with my emotions.

Jan 28th 2009

Did you hear she got to watch the last three Pushing Daisies eps? Totally lucky.

Yes, Luuuucky.

Jan 28th 2009

I just realized that this is probably the only time we'll all get to watch an airing of an episode at the same time.

Jan 28th 2009

Hey, that's cool! Nice catch, lem!

Jan 28th 2009

Well, maybe not you, D. Do you get the Super Bowl live in Canada?

Jan 28th 2009

Yay!

Jan 28th 2009

Well, maybe not you, D. Do you get the Super Bowl live in Canada?

Well sort of. Weeks after it airs, we get a reinactment (televised on CBC) put on my First Nations peoples in traditional headresses, while an interpreter gives us the rundown in both French and English.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 272
Top of PageBack to discussions