Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
If I can get them depressed, then I will have done my job: The serious tirade thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 27
  12. >
1 to 30 of 809
Jan 27th 2009 edited

Here you go, you buncha whiners. If this thread gets closed down, I will return to the tirade thread to bitch about it.

Jan 27th 2009

Uh, I kinda thought that the Tirade Thread was for that?

Jan 27th 2009

From the Tirade thread:

Not really a tirade. Perhaps we should have a "just feel like bitchin'" thread. Or a "damn, that hurt" thread.

I've thought this a couple of times. But I'm not brave enough.

Jan 27th 2009

Yes. I always feel guilty for posting non-Tirades in the Tirade thread. I don't have any non-Tirades to post at this point however.

Is there an office quote that goes with this?

Jan 27th 2009

What's the technical definition of a tirade? Do you have to be really angry to tirade? Or can you just be annoyed?

Jan 27th 2009 edited

First, I'm just a facilitator.
Second, I don't know. I know that sometimes I feel uncomfortable posting a relatively minor complaint under a post about someone's death, or accident, or something that actually matters. I don't think it's anger. I think it's magnitude.

Jan 27th 2009

I know that sometimes I feel uncomfortable posting a relatively minor complaint under a post about someone's death, or accident, or something that actually matters.

Ah! Okay, I know exactly what you mean. Good point.

Jan 27th 2009

Ditto to gb and Daoust.

I have a bruise on my arm the size of a golf ball. I fell into a folded-up treadmill at my parents house on Saturday while folding out the couch for my son. It hurts.

That's the kind of thing to put in this thread, right?

Jan 27th 2009 edited

What's the technical definition of a tirade? Do you have to be really
angry to tirade? Or can you just be annoyed?

tirade (noun) a long angry speech, usually of criticism or denunciation.

I think you can just be annoyed, Daoust. For example, I'm not really angry,
just annoyed that E.R. seems to be competing with M.A.S.H. and Roseanne
for worst last season of a once good show.

Jan 27th 2009

I think we went in the wrong direction, partially my fault. The tirade thread should probably be for bitchin' about stupid stuff. Just going off on a tirade because you're pissed for any reason. What we need is a thread to post SAD things in. LIke, when you're depressed or when something tragic has happened. I know when something terrible happens if feels weird to post it in the tirade thread. It's not really a tirade, it's just sad. So maybe this thread can be changed to a serious, sad, depressing thread and we can keep the tirade thread for random complaining?

Jan 27th 2009

Yes, but sometimes I post things in the Tirade thread that I'm not actually angry about. Just sad. Or some other emotion that's not anger. And sometimes my tirades are not long.

Jan 27th 2009

I was trying to think of a title for a sad/serious thread and started looking up quotes from Grief Counseling. Here's some ideas.

Grief Counseling: The Thread

Grief isn't wrong. There is such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown.

If I can get them depressed then I will have done my job: The serious tirade thread

Okay, that's all I got. Whattaya think? This way would allow us to continue to post trivial, bitchy stuff in the regular tirade thread.

Jan 27th 2009

I'm good with whatever is decided as long as there is a separation of threads.

Jan 27th 2009 edited

Me either. If y'all want to turn this thread into the grief thread, let me know and I'll change the title. That's the last time I go off half-cocked. From now on, it's full-cocked and nothing else.

Jan 27th 2009

That's the last time I go off half-cocked. From now on, it's full-cocked and nothing else.

Nice to know you're really listening to the performance reviews from all the moms and making some changes, g-bone.

Jan 27th 2009

I'm good with whatever is decided as long as there is a separation of threads.

I think you should go ahead and commence with parting the threads g-bone and change this one to something sad and griefy.

Jan 27th 2009

If I can get them depressed then I will have done my job: The serious tirade thread

Nice one ST.

Jan 27th 2009 edited

redacted

Jan 27th 2009

Wait, so now we're relocating the super-serious stuff? I'd be okay with just having a separate thread for the whiny non-important annoyances, because I feel weird complaining about them in the Tirade thread, which I always felt was appropriate enough for serious events.

Or, whatever is cool too.

Jan 27th 2009

Have you ever been blackballed for employment by an entire city? It's fun.

No, and I'm wondering how you managed to do this. Did you bang someone's wife? If so, I'm soooo telling Madge that you are a big slut.

Jan 27th 2009

I got a feeling that this thread is going to get heavy. But I'm glad we have it because it means we're a close enough bunch that we feel comfortable sharing our real hurts with one another.

I'm really sorry about your employment woes, MTT. It must be really tough.

Jan 27th 2009

Have you ever been blackballed for employment by an entire city? It's fun.

Is it really that, or just that no one is hiring right now?

Jan 27th 2009 edited

redacted

Jan 27th 2009

How do you know? Has someone confided in you?

Jan 27th 2009 edited

Wait, so now we're relocating the super-serious stuff?

Yes. And here is where it goes. Got anything to unload?

Jan 27th 2009

Um...let's see....I did have a small breakdown last night, and made the decision to make an appointment at the counseling center on campus. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and in many respects I don't feel as much of a need as I did last quarter, but the past few days have shown me that I still have many issues with myself and certain things around me and the first step to making everything better is to talk to someone about it.

Is that the kind of stuff that goes in this thread?

Jan 27th 2009

Yeah, this is the place for that.

I hope this isn't a bad question, but what defines a breakdown? A lot of crying, unable to function, what?

Feb 9th 2009 edited

Hey guys, I just heard from BTF that her dad passed away this Friday. She said it was very unexpected and shocking. She is in Idaho with her family right now and will be away from here for awhile.

I'm bawling my eyes out over here because of everything that was going on with them and I just wish she knows her dad loves her. I guess, I'm just posting this in hopes that you guys will pray for her and her family in this tough time for them.

Feb 9th 2009

Thank you for letting us know. That situation with her family was always on the back of my mind and I hoped they would get things worked out. I will be thinking about you BTF.

Feb 9th 2009

Oh, wow.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...