Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
5.14 Lecture Circuit
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
1 to 30 of 209
Feb 3rd 2009
  • Season 5 : Episode 14
  • First aired on February 5, 2009

Summary courtesy of NBC:

MICHAEL SCOTT GOES ON TOUR-- Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) goes on a speaking tour of the other branches to explain Scranton's relative success, accompanied by his driver, Pam (Jenna Fischer). Back at the office, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Jim (John Krasinski) - now the heads of the party planning committee - forget a birthday, with severe consequences. Meanwhile, Andy (Ed Helms) falls for someone he should not. Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, Phyllis Smith, Creed Bratton and Paul Lieberstein also star.

Feb 3rd 2009

Nice continuation of the "Scranton Rocks!" storyline. But who's Andy fall for? Phyllis?

Feb 3rd 2009

Oscar? That would be funny, because of gay.

Feb 3rd 2009

Oscar? That would be funny, because of gay.

Brilliant

Feb 3rd 2009

Yes. They've been setting us up for that since the trip to Canada. I think it would be a nice touch.

Feb 3rd 2009

I feel like the Jim is in charge and fucks it up storyline is getting a little thin, to be honest.

Feb 3rd 2009

Maybe a valuable lesson will be learned by him, though.

Feb 3rd 2009

Michael public speaking, that will be funny.

Feb 3rd 2009 edited

Also, the birthday storyline is getting old, to be honest. I hope it's Angela's birthday they forget.

Feb 3rd 2009

I can't see a good reason why Phyllis would give up the head of the PPC, so I'm a little skeptical of that. I also can't see a good reason for Pam to be Michael's driver, but I love Pam/Michael scenes so much I can let that one go.

Feb 3rd 2009

Phyllis sucked at it, so maybe it was self-awareness. And Pam would be Michael's driver if Michael decided at the spur of the moment that she should be. Much like she should go back and get another piece of DM paper for the booth, which was lame without it.

I like the idea of exploring Angela's birthday. I would have liked to see how the PPC under her would have handled it. And for Jim of all people, and Dwight of all people too, for that matter, to forget it? Yikes. Bandit may have to cut a bizatch.

Feb 3rd 2009

Phyllis sucked at it

??? - Her Goodbye Toby and Christmas parties were great and she seemed to really enjoy putting them together.

I like your thoughts behind Angela's birthday.

Feb 3rd 2009

After the Moroccan Christmas disaster, maybe Michael banned her from ever throwing parties again.

Feb 3rd 2009

I forgot the Ferris wheel, but Moroccan Christmas kind of blew, no?

Feb 3rd 2009

Jinx!

Feb 3rd 2009

I think everyone was having fun at Moroccan Christmas and Michael called it the best ever. It wasn't until Meredith's hair caught on fire that it went bad.

Feb 3rd 2009

Yep.

Feb 4th 2009

Can Jim ever be in charge and NOT fuck it up somehow? That would be a very novel idea.

Hi everyone, by the way. Long time no 'see'. :) I've missed it here!!

Feb 4th 2009

Can Jim ever be in charge and NOT fuck it up somehow? That would be a very novel idea.

Exactly. We get it. He's not management material. He's fallible. He's not a detail-oriented guy at work sometimes. Point taken. Move on.

Hey, Emmyjean! Good to see you!

Feb 4th 2009

He's not management material.

And they're not really progressing this idea. Either stop harping on it, or else have him head toward learning to BECOME management material. They've done two things that I thought were good ideas but that never went anywhere, possibly because of the strike last year and possibly because the writers are getting lazy: 1) putting Ryan against Jim as a kind of motivator (ie, if that douchebag can be management material, so can I if I stand up and fight for it); and 2) having Jim sort of start to see Michael as a role model instead of as an idiot. I mean, Michael may be a moron sometimes but he can also say wise things sometimes. You just have to weed them out of the nonsense. ;)

LT, it's lovely to see you too!

Feb 4th 2009

2) having Jim sort of start to see Michael as a role model instead of as an idiot.

I really really like this idea. Like I've said somewhere before, I don't think Jim 'fails' because he'd be a bad manager, I think he's just got to figure out what it is that Michael does that works and go with that.

Also, hey, Emmyjean!

Feb 4th 2009

I really like when they explore the Jim-Ryan relationship. I think it would be easy to assume that because they're the two young guys in the office that they would get along. It makes it much more interesting that they actually just don't like each other. I can relate to that. I once worked in an office where it was all women, and there was only one other young single girl there (I wasn't married yet). We tried to become friends, but after awhile, I think we both realized that we didn't really like each other. We weren't mean to each other but it was sort of this unspoken thing.

Feb 4th 2009

From Jenna's new blog:

Ken (Kwapis) also directed the episode that is airing this week - "Lecture Circuit". It is my favorite of the year!

Feb 4th 2009

She pretty much says that about every episode...I think it's her job. I don't know how to feel about this episode. Mindy Kaling has let me down with her last three episodes...plus FiliPREGGERS doesn't interest me only because I know the baby isn't Jim's. Now if she was preggers in Branch Wars, then I'd be worried.

Feb 4th 2009

She pretty much says that about every episode...I think it's her job.

I don't disagree, I just posted it because I thought it was interesting.

Mindy Kaling has let me down with her last three episodes

Agreed, I've can't been crazy about her latest episodes. It's kind of hard to believe she wrote The Dundies and The Injury.

Feb 4th 2009

When I was watching Michael's roast, it occurred to me that it was The Dundies in reverse. We've always asked for another Dundies and it had a very Dundies feel to the scenes. I think they gave it to us except this time, they were all against Michael. Oh, I'm the only one that thought that? OK.

Feb 4th 2009

Oh, I'm the only one that thought that? OK.

No, I thought it had a slight Dundies feel as well except no one came to Michael's rescue in the end.

Feb 4th 2009

And it wasn't funny.

(My two cents.)

Feb 4th 2009

Earned redemption is something the show doesn't do enough with anymore.

Feb 4th 2009

And it wasn't funny.

Boom! Roasted.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >