Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Great Midwestern NA Meet-n-Greet of 2009
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 48
Feb 4th 2009 edited

Perhaps it's simply February weighin' heavy on my soul, but I definitely need something to perk up my mood. Yesterday MISS, WescottF1, VG and others thought that maybe those of us who live in Northern Fly-Over Country should get together and...find out just how weird we really are.

So...anyone really want to do this? Do any NAers from other, hipper parts of the country want to join us?

Let's make a plan to meet, have fun, and burn some unsuspecting Midwestern city to the ground!

Feb 4th 2009

Only if we meet up in northern Minnesota. Am I right, Urkel...grue?

Totally kidding. This would be fun, but I think it would be too much distance for me to cover.

Feb 4th 2009

I thought those dogsleds were pretty fast. ;-)

What if we were to look at the Twin Cities - rather than Madison, WI - as a venue? Might that be meeting you guys in the middle?

Just a thought.

Feb 4th 2009 edited

I just did some Mapquesting: It's not quite as far to Madison from here as I thought. Only 2 hours further than the Twin Cities. For VG, the difference between driving to the Twin Cities and Madison is 1 hour.

Feb 4th 2009

Well it's 20 hours for me to Minneapolis and 16 to Madison, so I'll see you guys at the convention.

Feb 4th 2009

Well, I live in Chicago, so...none of these are heinously far away. If I can squeeze it in, I'd be game, even though I haven't been around the actual boards in awhile!

Feb 4th 2009

I will not be able to make it. Besides which, I especially will not be traveling to Minnesota in February, not even for my NA peeps. Sorry. I will be thinking of you all, though.

Feb 4th 2009

Do any NAers from other, hipper parts of the country want to join us?

No, I'm content with staying here on the Best Coast for the time being. Have fun though, you crazy Midwestern kids (and mtt)!

Feb 4th 2009

Have fun though, you crazy Midwestern kids (and mtt)!

Hey! I resent that! I'm totally crazy!!

Feb 4th 2009

That's because you're totally old. Boom! Roasted.

Feb 4th 2009

That's because you're totally old. Boom! Roasted.

Snap yo!

Feb 4th 2009

Even though I could never even think about going, I am totally in favour of this and want it to happen. Very badly.

And hi Emmyjean. Nice to see you around.

Feb 4th 2009

Boom! Roasted.

This should become the new "in your butt" around here. It's a great tagline, even if a bimbo like BTF started it. Boom. Roasted.

Feb 4th 2009

Only if we meet up in northern Minnesota. Am I right, Urkel...grue?

This made me smile! We would be terrific hosts, Nerfy!

I think the Twin Cities would be great fun. Already formulating a conversation starter with Mr. Grue.

Feb 4th 2009

This should become the new "in your butt" around here.

I propose something that is middle ground: "Roasted in your butt".

Feb 4th 2009

"Roasted in your butt".

Gas problems, D?

Feb 4th 2009

This made me smile! We would be terrific hosts, Nerfy!

I think the Twin Cities would be great fun. Already formulating a conversation starter with Mr. Grue.

I like this idea very much! When shall we be there?

Feb 4th 2009

This should become the new "in your butt" around here. It's a great tagline, even if a bimbo like BTF started it. Boom. Roasted.

It's kind of disappointing it took three days before someone used it on here.

Feb 4th 2009

I used it on Monday on facebook and interrestingly enough it was aimed at mtt there as well. Easy target, I guess.

Feb 4th 2009

Heeyyyy!!

Feb 4th 2009 edited

If I can squeeze it in, I'd be game

Really? 4 hours and no comment on this?

Oh, and it'd only be about a 36 hour journey for me, so count me in!!

Feb 4th 2009

It's kind of disappointing it took three days before someone used it on here.

I'm surprised B and AMJ took time away from banging each other's moms to comment about this. Boom! Roasted.

Feb 5th 2009

I think the Boom! Roasted line will serve BTF well in the days to come.

Feb 8th 2009

Oh, and it'd only be about a 36 hour journey for me, so count me in!!

Yay, MB! We'll put a shrimp on the barbie for ya! Do you guys still do that? You're probably really sick of BBQ shrimp. That's OK. mtt cooks up a mean baby lamb.

Feb 9th 2009

Baa-aaa-aaa

Oct 14th 2009

So, VG, is there going to be a great Midwestern meet up of two dawsome NA'ers any time soon, or what?

Oct 14th 2009

Sadly, no. I'm going to be out of town when she could come through town. I'm totally bummed.

Oct 14th 2009

Boo-urns.

Oct 14th 2009

That's too bad, VG. It would have been so great for you and CZ-J to get together. Plus, I enjoy living vicariously through all the various meet and greets around here. Boo-urns, indeed.

Oct 14th 2009

It's disappointing, for sure.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 48
Top of PageBack to discussions